Music and drinks with poker?

KlebioLopes7

KlebioLopes7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Player style

Hello, comment on what you like to do while playing poker, whether in cash or in a tournament.

Ex. I like to play poker listening to classical music and tasting a good whiskey (preferably a single malt)

SecksyGambler

SecksyGambler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll watch a movie or a Netflix series while I play. Sometimes I'll study while I play. It's actually pretty fun to do because you can implement what you learn right away. I try not to do anything that would negatively affect the way I play. I need all the advantages I can get so anything that would make me play worse is of the table.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I listen to light rock and drink green tea.

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
While playing poker, it is advisable not to be distracted.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
While playing, I listen to music, drink a lot of coffee and smoke cigarettes. I also like to play with alcohol, but usually it doesn't help me playing, but the other way around.
Also music, coffee, cigarettes only.

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most often, I listen to music from parallel actions. I try not to be distracted by anything during the game, so as not to lose concentration, as I often doubt my decisions. It is fun and interesting to play with alcohol, but this is more entertainment, which is not a pity for your money. Although sometimes there is success. I like to eat delicious food during the game, which is convenient to eat without looking, something like pizza.

pitoplay

pitoplay

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
green tea and lots of deep house music :D

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hello in my case I don't like any distraction while playing tournaments and playing several tables, I try to keep my concentration to the maximum. if it is live cash if I can listen to music with headphones to relax.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I agree with listening to music while playing poker but not with the alcoholic drink, I prefer a soda or juice :)

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Player style

Hello, comment on what you like to do while playing poker, whether in cash or in a tournament.

Ex. I like to play poker listening to classical music and tasting a good whiskey (preferably a single malt)

No music and no drinks by playing poker.

M

maroca06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good music at low volume is a great way to play poker. Very relaxing. Tea and coffee goes well

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Music is sometimes helpful. I avoid alcohol while i play unless it is home game but there focus is on the drink and not so much the game. :)

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
music always, drinks only when not have many money involved haha

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually rock music while playing and no alcohol. Only coffee or tea.

G

GrannySmit77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like listening to music or watching something on youtube. There are a lot of hands that you just have to throw away so there might be some time before you play a hand.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a fixed procedure for playing poker. But when I'm in the mood for drinking, I don't stop to play poker. Sometimes it's music, sometimes youtube videos and sometimes nothing. Sometimes I'm even working and play poker just besides.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i often listen to radio especially 90s radio while playing online :)

AndyFio

AndyFio

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Music? well, maybe,
But drinking while playing poker is not my thing at all, no. And in principle I don't listen to music so often, so somehow I focus on tracking the actions of my opponents.

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
While I'm playing poker, I might listen to music or watch poker shows that I have recorded in my DVR. As far as music I try to keep it light. I might listen to a little bit of classic rock, some old school R&B. I try to stay away from anything to hard or aggressive, as it has a tendency to make me play overly aggressive. As far as what I might watch, watching poker tends help me get into a poker mindset, but I might actually start with an episode of Jeopardy. I record Jeopardy every day and will often watch it just as I am sitting down to start playing poker because I feel like it jump starts my brain. When I really get into the game though, it doesn't really matter what else is going on in the room. When I lean in and focus in on the game, you could probably yell fire and it wouldn't register. Instead of getting up and running out of the house, I'd probably be like "Huh? What? Oh here ya go" as I try to hand you Zippo.

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While playing online poker, I like listening to music, reading correspondence with friends, playing on several tables at once. but when there is an important tournament, I try not to be distracted, it is better to concentrate on the game so as not to lose.

KlebioLopes7

KlebioLopes7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I will watch a Netflix movie or series while playing. Sometimes I study while playing. In fact, it's a lot of fun to do because you can implement what you learn right away. I try not to do anything that could negatively affect the way I play. I need all the advantages I can get, so that everything that makes me play worse leaves the table.

Uaaal Show! I'll take an example. Thank you.

monicamusse

monicamusse

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the drink disturbs the reasoning