Multi Tabling

ihtennis

ihtennis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
play less tables. The max amount of tables i play at is two. If i try to play more, i start to make stupid plays and im out at all four tables before i know it

P

Poh2805

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to understand that playing Ring games is completely different to 1-table tournaments and yet even more different to Multi Tables.

When i'm playing multis the best thing to do is to take advantage of the long level/low blinds. How?
Using them to create the loose-calling machine image.
I usually min-raise almost every single hand and when that one chance comes along where I have the nuts and I make a mediocre bet, someone re-raises me, I push all in. Hopefully they call.
The secret to playing fake/loose is to be consistent even when you have the nuts. Pre-flop you should almost always raise minimum but if you have one of the top 4 hands, you can go ahead and raise the pot.

Once you've made a considerable chip stack, you can ease off on the raising, look to change ur gameplay, limp in with awsome cards a few times to get people guessing.

Once you are in the top %10 of runners, just sit back and wait for other people to get knocked out. If you chip down due to blinds, make it back up playing conservatively.

Finaly table when everyone has lots of chips you should look to create that loose/calling machine image again. Being aggressive but also passive at the same time (Learning how to fold top pair).
Hope this helps

hayes5150

hayes5150

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to do it but with the constant nagging from the wife and kids its so hard just to pay attention to one table. It always seems that when I take my eyes off for min I always have the best hand and there will be about 2 people going at it all in and I just gotta sit there thinking yup coulda taking both out DAMMIT!!!

blackmax

blackmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have no clue what to tell you because i suck at multi myself.I can't seem to concentrate when playing more than 1 table at a time or atleast thats the way it seems.Now i only play 1 tourny or cash table at a time.However i know alot of ppl who are very successfull playing a few tables at a time my wife included.Give me 1 tourny and i'm locked in ....give me 2 and i'm all over the place.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
-Don't mix your games if possible..i.e. Don't have a stud game in 1 window, and a NLHE in another.

_remember that one of the things MULTI-Tabling will do is reduce your ability to concentrate on any one table. This may be good or bad. Generally for me, it prevents me overthinking any hand, so I consider it a good thing. It also reduces your opening hand selection somewhat, making you (me), a bit more conservative.

-Just the facts ma'm. My speculations drop wildly, and in my case, my speculations generally are -EV, so that makes the process generally +EV.:confused:

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to understand that playing Ring games is completely different to 1-table tournaments and yet even more different to Multi Tables.

When i'm playing multis the best thing to do is to take advantage of the long level/low blinds. How?
Using them to create the loose-calling machine image.
I usually min-raise almost every single hand and when that one chance comes along where I have the nuts and I make a mediocre bet, someone re-raises me, I push all in. Hopefully they call.
The secret to playing fake/loose is to be consistent even when you have the nuts. Pre-flop you should almost always raise minimum but if you have one of the top 4 hands, you can go ahead and raise the pot.

Once you've made a considerable chip stack, you can ease off on the raising, look to change ur gameplay, limp in with awsome cards a few times to get people guessing.

Once you are in the top %10 of runners, just sit back and wait for other people to get knocked out. If you chip down due to blinds, make it back up playing conservatively.

Finaly table when everyone has lots of chips you should look to create that loose/calling machine image again. Being aggressive but also passive at the same time (Learning how to fold top pair).
Hope this helps

Please don't listen to this.

Do you see the total contradiction here??

G

Grindit9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't completly dissagree.

BUT, you still don't get your timing tells or even your bet size tells with that. But it is useful information.

Timing tells are only significant when a player plays one table, otherwise it could be anything why he is thinking longer or short about a decision. As for betsizes you are right in my opinion.

P

PLO1519

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldn't advise multitabling different disciplines of poker. Stick to the same variety of cash games, sngs, or mtts to start out. Start out playing 2, then gradually add more tables as you get more comfortable.