Mucking vs Showing Hands

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely do you ever show. Only time you may even think about it is after a bluffand then only if you know will put that player on tilt. When you do that you take away future bluffs though.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is benificial only when using it as a red banner to get the bull to charge on the next few hands. If you bluff, and an aggressive opponent folds, wave 'em. Play tight next and do the same thing with the nuts, he'll probably call your jam. Look like your are bluffing but this time you aren't, cause you have the nuts.

N

NickNation

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
theres a reason theres an always muck but not an always show button...

why give information for free? make em pay for it.. dont let them know you're capable of bluffing, dont let them you when you have it.. that you donk bet top pair, or check raise on solid draws... make them pay for that shit!

D

Darth_Moola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the benefits are largely outweighed by the pitfalls of delivering information to your opponents for free. However, I can think of rare situations where you could consider showing. If you know that someone is definitely tilt-prone, it could be useful to show a bluff in order to get them to pay you off. Likewise, for tight players, you may want to show a time when you raise a really good hand to try and keep them tight. Typically, though you also run the risk of letting everyone else at the table know what you're doing too. I guess you have to weigh if that is worth it.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i always muck my cards....only if i wanna make a image on the table...

T

teutonic1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"My opinion is that beginners/intermediate players should ALWAYS muck. I've been playing live for...ugh... 30 or so years and online for about 14 or 15. It's almost always never a good idea to give free information. That being said, I played a live tournament last week where I showed a couple times with specific purpose. Unless you are really experienced and understand your table image and grasp how you are altering or controlling it, I just never ever show.
In this case, I had the chip leader on my immediate right. He, and the next 2 players were very soft in protecting their blinds, and I wanted to keep it that way, so I showed a couple of big hands I raised with to give the impressions that I was raising premium hands only in late position.

As a rule, though... just don't show. Make people pay for information.

Well said.

As I'm a comparative new player, I always muck. Poker is a game of incomplete information, so I want to add to this dynamic against my opponents.

Having said that, Poker is also partially a game of misinformation or misdirection. Therefore, showing strong hand to opponents whose hands you want to purloin seems like a good gambit at a given time in a tourney. I hadn't considered this option but will do so in the future. Thanks

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always muck my hand if I dont have to show it. AA or 72o bluff. Any info you give can be used against you . Hahaha Its just like talking to the police; the less info you give the less that can be used against you.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
once again you should not consecrate your hand so that your opponent will not learn your style of play

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I like showing hole cards that are not do. (Just won with those hole cards.) You go all-in on because you have high power cards and then you collect blinds cause they all fold. The people think they made a good fold. So you privilege them but really your setting the bet when you get hole cards that are do.

zipper2000

zipper2000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When is it benefical to show your hands to your opponents? What are the cons and pros?
There is no point to show up your cards to opponents. Definitely muck is right in my opinion. But sometimes, when your bluffing, you need to show up your hand. It gonna messed-up opponent.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very rarely show their cards. I do not see the need. it can weaken your game.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands