Mucking vs Showing Hands

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing good hands to alter table image

I'll show when I win with a good hand, but also when I lose with a good hand. I want the table thinking I'm always playing with good cards so when I bet with marginal hands, or even when I'm flat out bluffing, they will think I have the good hand and fold. I know a lot of players show bluffs for the opposite reason, but I prefer to err on the side of people folding to me than people playing into me and potentially getting lucky themselves.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What,s the point to show your hand in any situation? If you will show it, your opponents just will make notes and next time it will be harder to play against them.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes show my bluffs to humiliate the opponent in front of everyone at the table especially if it was a huge bluff.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe 1% of the time I'll show. Never in a live game . My theory is, if you show and another player thinks he has a read on you and by showing it confirms what he was thinking. Then you have given him free info.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I shows only in live games with friends for fun.

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards after handing out. This gives the opponent additional information about me.

soliddecor

soliddecor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When is it benefical to show your hands to your opponents? What are the cons and pros?
What are you interested in? know what to do to you? or understand why others do it?

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always muck, never show.

S

SkorpiosMC

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the only time, when you could show your cards instead of mucking them is when you pull of a bluff with a later plan. Doing that you are givin info that you are playing too many bluffs, and then concentrate on valuebetting. It's a trap.
Other than that reason i dont think showings you cards would be any beneficial.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always muck. Doesn't matter how many people are in the hand. If it's heads-up and you show, remember that the WHOLE table sees it and will gather info. Always muck.

S

SatisfyMe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing your weak hands will give you more action than you handle and put you in a category as "I can't read this player" and take on an image as a weak player but possibly a strong player. If you take this route, be prepared for more bad beats.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Always muck. Giving other players more information about yourself for free is an invitation for trouble from those that know what they are doing.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I show my hand only to consolidate my image on the table and inspire even more fear to my opponents but I never abuse.Generally I show 1 or 2 hand on 100 because beyond you take the risk of giving too much information about your game to your opponents.

D

Dontnonothin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes when the game starts to get too tight or when I want to put someone on tilt, I like to show a bluff. On the other hand, when I want to build a reputation as a tight player, I like to show my strong hands so that a future bluff is not likely getting to be called.

C

cypherpup

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on the situation for me. I will usually muck my cards though. it keeps people guessing what I have vs what i dont have.

BnaD

BnaD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mucking 99% of the time. Occasionally a situation occurs where showing my 3 bet or 4 bet AA or KK cements my image in the eyes of the other players and I show because my bluffs will get more credit. I guess it it works the same way with bluffs. I might show a bluff if I think that it will make me money in future hands.

J

Johnsouth

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my hand, as it can show the others your style of play or even how you play.

scolopin77

scolopin77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends

I rarely show sometimes i show only 1 card. I want players to overthink :confused: especially new players. I switch plays often sometimes i show to pretend i am a big bluffer which i am not. :jd4:;):jd4:

Ps. There is a time for all things. Just be a good observer.

R

rigor mortis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never never ever show. Why give the villains free information? The only reason I can think of for a player to show is when he is on an ego trip

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like tu muck my hand in this way people have to pay me if they want to see my hand.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Muck most of the hands.
I show an occasional AA when everyone folds to my All in trying to create an image of a tight player.

Thanks

A

AngelBLR_Poker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing your hole cards only when I throw off good but not the best combination

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands