Which is the Most Profitable Poker Format?

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Definitely cash games, but I personally also love to play mtt...

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Personally I like MTT tournaments more. In cash games, I usually lose. In my opinion, cash games require a large enough bankroll.

D

Danu88

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play both. Lately i find more enjoyable MTTs but the problems is that they take time and with a job it's pretty hard making the time to play.

With cash games I manage to be profitable but often when i double up, one good hand can make me lose everything.
Finding difficult to respect a proper bankroll management,otherwise i would play both types. For now i will stick to cash.

N

Nano5722

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You just need to play both of them and just understand, what will be better for you.
I know for sure, that some people can be good in cash games and they just can,t win anything at all in MTT,s. So just try both of them and after that try to focus on one thing.

Awaterfall13

Awaterfall13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great feedback players. I do generally like to play mtt as i find it more playability for your buy in, finding all this feedback very interesting, thanks for taking the time to reply ppl

VivicvrMga

VivicvrMga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It goes a lot of what you prefer and feels comfortable playing.
I personally prefer MTT. I identify myself more, occasionally played cash game to train post flop

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all have their advantages and disadvantages. Certainly the least profitable is the sit n go.Entre cash and mtt I can say that in mtt you risk less than once only, being able to hit a big prize that sometimes depending on the tournament can change your life. Cash games mainly highstakes has the characteristic to make you win very much at once, sometimes in a hand. But you can lose too much. I personally prefer the Mtts, because they compensate when you win a big prize.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time it's cash because tourneys take so long.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MTTs of course are easier to pay in the long run. Personally I rarely get to earn money in cash game. When I decide to play it is more for fun than to ride my banckroll.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer mtt tournaments. I do not play cash games. Usually I play slow tournaments, such as "Big" on pokerstars.

Awaterfall13

Awaterfall13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the cash games I’ll tend to do well and maybe double my buy in a few times, but feel I’m only one bad beat away from losing my bankroll, I have managed to final table a few MTTs, like I say the main problem I have is having the patience to build a decent enough bankroll so that the losses don’t become to much of a problem and keep me playing at a level I feel comfortable with

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want stability, then play cash games. Cash games have an advantage, because the variance is less than in tournaments.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like cash games are easier to increase your bankroll faster with less variance, but mtts have bigger payouts. They are also more rewarding to your confidence if you take down a big one.

B

brettlums

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys I’m wanting to start building a nice bankroll and was just wondering what players find more profitable in general, cash tables SnGs or MTTs ?
Any advice is great cheers

Cash games will be more profitable but higher risk because to win large pots you need to have a large stack in front of you.

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I think both, I use to play both and in both I think you can have profitable earnings, it's just that some players prefer cash and others mtts.

FlamengoBR

FlamengoBR

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course that cash games are more profitable than MTT's.

Awaterfall13

Awaterfall13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I’ve just discovered the risk of cash games, I’d built up £4.00 from freerolls over the last few days, while I know this isn’t a great amount I was quite proud how I’d ground it out. I’d then gone on to a cash game and got stung having AK and getting A on the flop. My opponent with a larger stack had 3-4 hole cards got 3 on the flop and 4 on the river, I’d by this point thought pair of aces and K kicker was worth shoving all in for in the hope they’d not had anything obviously I thought wrong lol. Live and learn and start again

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sng and mtt is more profitable but with your bankroll I would suggest go play limited holdem cash games as you can build some bankroll that way and won't loose all as it's limited

Awaterfall13

Awaterfall13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys a quick update over the last 3 days I’ve had some great results on the $1 super turbo mtt on william hill poker. I finished 6th and 10th getting me roughly £40 for my bankroll then tonight finished 2nd in the same tournament which got me just under £100, safe to say I think I’m best of playing the Mtt as there as less risk and great reward for my patience and play. Let me know how you guys fair in future and thanks for all your advice

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think what type of poker is most profitable depends on what kind of player you are and what parts of poker you get the most enjoyment out of. I really enjoy playing cash games and think in the long run they will be my go-to game. However right now I have a limited BR and am trying to learn the game again as much has changed since I was last really into it. The way I see it MTTs are great if you're looking for a big score and have the discipline to keep coming back after a bad beat or two. Usually at that point I'll just call it a day for poker but you can't do that if you're stuck in a tournament!!

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In My opinion, you should play where you like and have a profit there. I personally like tournaments but more of course freerolls.

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, it's a cash game. You are only dealing with one table of 8 or 9 others. When you win a pot, that is instant cash. When you win a pot in a tournament, it brings you closer to cash. The top prize in a tournament is a lot better usually, but to get there brings a lot of stress. Cash games, you can get up at any time with the profit you made.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
MTT is the most profitable look

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Buy-In Tournaments (Re-buy)

The main difference between cash games and standard tournaments - if you lose all your chips, you fly out. Tournaments with additional purchases have different rules: here you can replenish your chips as many times as you like. The only time in which this can be done is limited - an hour or two. In many re-buy tournaments they also offer an "addon" - the ability to buy additional chips until a certain point, for example, before the first break. This format fundamentally changes the strategy of the game: participants are not afraid to stay at zero, because they play more freely. But as soon as the re-purchase period ends, the chips are no longer added to the game and the game becomes tougher.