Most important trait in poker

A

andrezito38

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can put together all the answers that were given, all are important. but all of them against a fish's lucky day, they won't stop it. patience to accept things as they are, a good virtue.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important I think is psychological stability.

1nsomn1a

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If only one ability, then of course the ability to know the opponent's cards, without other abilities, only knowing the opponent's cards will make it possible to achieve success.

papapokera85

papapokera85

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I think an important trait is calmness, intelligence, and patience. Of course, the quality of the game depends on this. Good luck to all.

K

Kingedward10

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most important trait in poker for me I have two traits that I think are most important in playing your best poker they are patient and concentration staying focused and taking your time

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
in my opinion, the most important feature is calm and self-control, after winning a sweat and a lost hand, the ability not to succumb to emotions

leifen

leifen

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
If I should pick one, It would be percentage calculations, play with the odds on your side and in the long run you will get ahead

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hey everyone,

in poker there are so many advices, strategies, watching Live-play, reading books and so on.

But if you could use only one special trait / skill to go through a tournament or a cash game, what would it be?

Would it be discipline, mathematic skills, patience, courage or even self-confidence?

I‘m excited to hear you answers.

Best regards,

Joe ;)

Hey RussianWolf, I think it all depends on the table you sit at. Its dynamic will dictate how you should proceed regardless of the strategy or the tricks you've intended to use prior to the start of the game. One of the skills you haven't mentioned is the ability to adapt. But a combination of the ones you've talked about is certainly required. Good luck...

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Like others, I also believe that patience is a key skill of a successful player. In my opinion, patience is the basis for all the good in our lives.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe the most important trait especially in tournament play is patience.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The love of the game that gives you the ability to continuously put in the work and endless effort to improve your game and eliminate your weaknesses.

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey everyone,

in poker there are so many advices, strategies, watching Live-play, reading books and so on.

But if you could use only one special trait / skill to go through a tournament or a cash game, what would it be?

Would it be discipline, mathematic skills, patience, courage or even self-confidence?

Best regards,

Joe ;)

This is a good question.

I would say leave your ego outside the poker table.

Do the hand analysis - board reading - villain range - bet sizing - without your ego getting in the way.

Good luck !

demesquita

demesquita

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read some very powerfull insights here, thanks everyone!!
(except for luck)

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think I'd say patience. Many players get super excited w any good hand they get and won't mind go all in or invest a huge stack just because they can't wait for another good hand.

Hitmanshoot

Hitmanshoot

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone,

Best regards,

Joe ;)
For me after the reading is know the positioning at the table and choice the good cards at the good position

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being lucky is THE most important trait.

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trait- lucky
Skill- patience

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think the best advice would be patience, because by this you can improve your other skills and of course your results in the game!

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I miss a bit of everything, but I have not had good results, but I have realized that this luck is seasonal, it sounds crazy but I can only earn money in October and in March the rest of the year pure pennies and even chorizos, and that is repeated over and over again is like being programmed, greetings strange answer lose, take care of luck at the tables. :)

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Without a doubt, patience is a key skill. But I also think that the player's ability to concentrate on the decision-making process is very important. For me personally, concentration is one of the decisive factors in my effectiveness.

RussianWolf6

RussianWolf6

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So all in all you can say that your mindset and your mental stability define how good you play, beside all your „technical“ skills