Most Important Thing In Poker?

V

vpashuta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that position is the most important starting factor in poker. Doyle Brunson says he would win every session without looking at his cards if he got to always be on the button.

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think reading your opponent is more important than position

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think that the most important thing in poker is patience, it can help you to be one step ahead!

TinkCzru

TinkCzru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mental endurance. You gotta have it, and you havee to believe in your game. It's often way too easy to tilt early or late and let that destroy the remainder of your game.

E

Ekaterina Danilenko

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in poker, the main thing is attention and patience. I think good luck, good cards do not play the main role. If you carefully study your opponents, you can win with bad cards, and if you play without thinking, you will lose with AA too

Franklee

Franklee

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe everyone here is right in a way

Lorpugo

Lorpugo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
post flop play is the most important thing. This is were the money are won or lost and even if o have position on negreanu i can not beat him so it is post flop play

R

rakspin_vr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whiskey, cigar and blonde chick behind you.

cazual88

cazual88

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that you are right. The most important thing preflop is your position. Further on the importance follows the strength of your opponent. The game after the flop depends on it.

R

RingKingInc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing in poker?

I would say the most important thing in poker is patience and the ability to not tilt. Taking the time to learn your opponents and their tendencies. And when things aren't going your way to stay focused and remain composed.

C

Cazador twd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me the most important thing is to analyze each situation and make the best decision

ChrisDavidson

ChrisDavidson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the mood is one of the most important in the game of poker

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker is important luck. if not good luck will not help any skill

R

raymondzav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
patience, position, knowing the type of players your in the table with.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
bankroll management is by far the most important thing in poker. you can be the best player in the world, and go on a downswing and run ice cold and if you play outside your roll, you will go busto everytime,

fabiancampos

fabiancampos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In online poker the most important thing is that the variance plays in your favor, and always be the one who sends the bets. Playing passive guarantees you failure, who does not seek to win is already defeated.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On any given hand, luck is most important.

Yes, position is very important but luck trumps everything.

A good luck card vs. a bad luck card in a crucial situation will mean the difference between winning and losing.

Nikka18

Nikka18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My Opinion

Indeed there are many important things in poker. But in my opinion I think being prepared for downswings and knowing how to treat them is the most important thing.

See most players blame the circumstances when they lose (including me lol).
But we can tell if a player is good or not until we see how he treats his downswings. This is where the best differ from the rest.

D

Denver225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The most important thing to know who your opponent is and which table..based on this you can play even without a hand in certain situations and out of position

H

Hansadsa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read the first golden rule in poker somewhere, you need to increase the size of your bank as much as possible when you win; minimize your losses in the bank when you lose. All the rest of the rules follow from this rule.

vitalicharniak

vitalicharniak

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The most important thing in poker is to control your emotions, stop in time, cold calculation. A position - in the game.

N

NBB

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are many things that you need in this game, and yes understanding position is part of it.

But the portion of understanding that I would take over your table position any day of the week would be to know if my hand is good or not, you can have your table position to your heart’s desire ….. lol……as long as I can keep my knowledge that you’re holding cannot defeat my hand.

D

domdiego

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes your position is one of the important points in poker for example: if you are BB most of the time 98% you can receive AA that you do not win in online poker yet I do not know why this happens.