Most annoying/bad players

HUmanMustard

HUmanMustard

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mike Madasow, But in an entertaining way.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love Tony G idc how much crap he talks, he's hands down the best trash talker and gets in his opponents heads during the game. Poker is MENTAL WARFARE

I think you might actually have nailed why Tony G doesn't bother me too much whereas guys like Matusow and Hellmuth do - it's all to do with the intention.

When Tony G gets on a rant, it's to get inside a player's head, trying to get them to make a mistake. You can debate how ethical or tasteful at is, but at least there's a point to it.

When Matusow or Hellmuth rant, on the other hand, there's almost never a point. It's just them bitching about some standard beat, or how much it sucks to be broke or whatever. It really is just pointless bitching.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you might actually have nailed why Tony G doesn't bother me too much whereas guys like Matusow and Hellmuth do - it's all to do with the intention.

When Tony G gets on a rant, it's to get inside a player's head, trying to get them to make a mistake. You can debate how ethical or tasteful at is, but at least there's a point to it.

When Matusow or Hellmuth rant, on the other hand, there's almost never a point. It's just them bitching about some standard beat, or how much it sucks to be broke or whatever. It really is just pointless bitching.

Precisely.

And I really think Matusow and Hellmuth are just ego maniacs that feel so defeated when they lose a hand that they have to point at "poor play" by their opponents to justify their losses

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be total dick to everyone if I was the "Rubik's Cube champion of Lithuania"

Tony G you Rock

Don't forget Olympian - talk about the Olympic ideal - HA.

Z

zingbust

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with this statement & it applies to all sports.

I loved the jerkoff that I played with last week. I called his small bet hoping to hit my flush. I didnt hit it. No biggie, only cost me $200 to take a stab with a stack of about 10k (early in the tourny) I show my nothing hand & he starts laughing at me. A few hands later I shove with AQ & he calls with garbage. Set him up pretty well.
Yes, but he got the last laugh after all when you didn't improve and he hit his garbage right? Or do you mean your 60%er held up for you??? If it did hold up, lucky you. What's a shame is when you're running bad and your 60%ers hardly ever hold up. Then it's always the jerkoff that continues to get the last laugh. Maybe later on he pisses away his stack, but that's to someone else. But when you're his victim 2 or more times, including the one that sends you to the rail, it can get frustrating.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

In a nutshell, Hellmuth and Matusow are just being reactive and Tony G is being proactive (or at least active).

GOTHEART

GOTHEART

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We all know that Good Mental Health is not a prerequisite to playing poker...and the three players mentioned prove that! LOL!

Their tirades and antics make for great TV Poker and also throw other players "off their game".

However, Tony G is just a loud idiot bully, and personally, I would like to Never Watch Him Play Again.