Most annoying/bad players

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly? No. I agree that it looks like it's absolutely killing him trying to keep a lid on the outbursts but I'd rather he just let the outbursts fly. At least they were entertaining. This new thing is just sad.

Oh yeah, I'd rather have the old Phil back. I think the sad part is he is deluding himself to think this "new schtick" makes a difference and that the kinder. gentler Phil will be more highly revered and more people will want to spend money on the Poker Brat line. Certainly he is no longer the most despised man in poker - but that was not his doing.

honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate Tong G with a passion, and not just because he is Australian.

He would actually be a p*i*k even if he wasn't Australian.

And Shaun Sheiekan (sp?) horrible man
+1

I despise Tony G. I actually stopped watching a poker series on YouTube on the weekend when I saw he was going to be featured heavily. There is something very sadistic about his character. Hellmuth knows he has (had?) a problem and often apologises after his blowups but I thinkTony G loves to get at people and just pretends it's all part of the game. He's a piece of work.

(-1 to the Australian part. I love Austrialians!)

JusSumguy

JusSumguy

Chipmonger
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly? No. I agree that it looks like it's absolutely killing him trying to keep a lid on the outbursts but I'd rather he just let the outbursts fly. At least they were entertaining. This new thing is just sad.
Yeah, I agree. The thing is, I always agree with what he's saying. He always has a valid point. Just that his delivery suks.

I would like to see the meltdowns again.

-

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How can you not like Tony G he is the Australian Rubik's cube champion!!!!

T-Dubs82

T-Dubs82

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey madaman the thing that you really have to remember about these other than fact that they have more money than god,have been playing poker probabaly before you even knew what a deck of cards was!

Matusow is a broke degen. still owes Ted Forrest a small fortune for their prop bet

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Matusow is a broke degen. still owes Ted Forrest a small fortune for their prop bet

LOL ya TED did not die like Matusow was thinking he would. Man wish I could get paid a mil for loosing weight(Although in my case it would have to be weight gained because i am really tiny already).

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Daniel is a pretty horrible NL cash game player....

I mean he just stations wayy too much out of pure curiosity; you cannot excel at cash games if you simply cannot lay more than a pair ever.

He also tilts constantly, plays too loose oop...plays too loose in general for someone who cannot lay a pair....etc. etc.

p.s.

Matusow's bet was laughably bad...he should have asked Forrest to lose 20 more lbs to make it interesting.

shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are we talking about "real-life" or online? Including forum foes?

C

chriseles

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If everyone was the same at the table it wouldnt be as interesting and fun. I love it when Im at a table where everyone is different. A drunk one, quiet, loud, one with an attitude about everything, and especially the guy that says, " I only called because it was suited!!" The only types i cant stand are the ones that dont shower, or they shower in Axe body spray:D

I agree with this statement completely! Also have to point out that these personas are quite possibly just to keep other players off balance...what better way to tilt your opponent than by being overly dramatic (Hellmuth), completely annoying (Matusow) or just downright insulting (Tony G)? Do you really think they act that way in their personal lives? Well maybe they do, but I kinda doubt it. But there is nothing worse that sitting down at a table with someone that hasn't seen a shower in days or, my personal pet peeve, someone that orders a mess of greasy food and eats it at the table and gets the cards all nasty with their greasy fingers.

mandyf27

mandyf27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i cannot stand Phil Helmuth. His nickname,poker brat, is fitting. He is a big brat and i cant believe has never gotten punched for his comments. I'm not condoning violence but enough is enough. I cant remember what wsop it was but a guy called him w Q-10 and won. Helmuth kept calling the guy an idiot. He has the best comback though "You didnt have to pay to play in this tournament, you got sponsered. I had to fork over 10,000 bucks of my own money so let me play the way i want" or something to that effect.

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Got to be Tony G for me, When Hellmuth has one of his rants it is laughable, everyone watches it and thinks "what an idiot."
Mike Matusow is just a big mouthed moron, he knows it and everyone else knows it..
But Tony G? I remember seeing his antics heads up with Sirinder and if I had been Sirinder I would have either stood up and walked out or hit him, it was the most disgusting personal rant I have ever heard at a poker table.
I switch off any poker on tv as soon as he comes on. He is an obnoxious human being, and even worse he is Australian, or is he Lithuanian? From what I have heard they are both trying to disown him.:D

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be total dick to everyone if I was the "Rubik's Cube champion of Lithuania"

Tony G you Rock

Colbefc

Colbefc

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am too much of a gentleman to tell you where I would like to stick Tony G's Rubik Cube :D:D:D

S

sylpoker1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i cannot stand Phil Helmuth. His nickname,poker brat, is fitting. He is a big brat and i cant believe has never gotten punched for his comments. I'm not condoning violence but enough is enough. I cant remember what WSOP it was but a guy called him w Q-10 and won. Helmuth kept calling the guy an idiot. He has the best comback though "You didnt have to pay to play in this tournament, you got sponsered. I had to fork over 10,000 bucks of my own money so let me play the way i want" or something to that effect.
I remember this Q10 rant well also.Still is stuck in my head when i play the Q10 .lol. Yes, the new Phil is a little strange,kind of like a "stepford wife Phil", I,m still always waiting for him to really lose it. With that said,Tony G is the MOST annoying player though, of all and i cant bear watching him in anything, maybe he will retire soon.

bz54321

bz54321

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tony G: u feeling ok my man
Tony G: u getting owned by a total donk old man
Tony G: start pressing sme all in buttons boy
Tony G: are you even
Tony G: QUALIFIED
Tony G: are you COMI to this

(We think he meant "commitment" there at the end, since that and having "heart" comprises a good 80% of his schtick)

M

MaDaMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's 2013 - Hellmuth has not ranted in quite some time (a couple years?).
I wonder when his last blow up was? If it weren't for YouTube anyone just starting to watch poker in the last couple of years would probably consider him quite a gentleman,

Indeed i saw Hellmuth's last moments when he tries to behave,but the moaning through his teeth "these players aren't very good" is just the same wolf in sheep's clothing.

Saying that he hasn't done it in years doesn't explain much from my point of view. I consider it like "hey that guy gets drunk and started beating up on his wife for several years, but for the past year or so he's behaving better".

Let him do that for 5 years at least and then i will have NO problem to put him into the best players top. He did win 13 bracelets and he really was remarkable, but ever since he started being on TV he just dives into hands knowing he is beat, only to rant on about how players suck and calling them names.

I've had 2 moments when i liked him or sympathized with him. First was seeing him be verbally abused by Tony G several times. That was total bullshit. The second one was seeing him go into fetal position. He could have ranted, he could have done lots of things,but he expressed it like that. I'm not sensitive, i don't cry when it rains or feel the pain of every dolphin, but that was the first and only moment that i truly admired him as a poker player. To have so much desire and passion is truly remarkable. He knew he was on TV, he knew people would go crazy over the media and the internet,but he did what he felt because he loves the game THAT much. Seeing that made me respect him,because he truly loves poker.

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Indeed i saw Hellmuth's last moments when he tries to behave,but the moaning through his teeth "these players aren't very good" is just the same wolf in sheep's clothing.

Saying that he hasn't done it in years doesn't explain much from my point of view. I consider it like "hey that guy gets drunk and started beating up on his wife for several years, but for the past year or so he's behaving better".

Let him do that for 5 years at least and then i will have NO problem to put him into the best players top. He did win 13 bracelets and he really was remarkable, but ever since he started being on TV he just dives into hands knowing he is beat, only to rant on about how players suck and calling them names.

I've had 2 moments when i liked him or sympathized with him. First was seeing him be verbally abused by Tony G several times. That was total bullshit. The second one was seeing him go into fetal position. He could have ranted, he could have done lots of things,but he expressed it like that. I'm not sensitive, i don't cry when it rains or feel the pain of every dolphin, but that was the first and only moment that i truly admired him as a poker player. To have so much desire and passion is truly remarkable. He knew he was on TV, he knew people would go crazy over the media and the internet,but he did what he felt because he loves the game THAT much. Seeing that made me respect him,because he truly loves poker.

And the amazing thing that he did after the fetal position - after that BIG walk of shame - he came back to the table when requested, signed the shirt for the guy that knocked him out (it was a bounty tourney too), shook hands with all the remaining players and even signed a couple autographs. He is definitely trying.

M

MaDaMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And the amazing thing that he did after the fetal position - after that BIG walk of shame - he came back to the table when requested, signed the shirt for the guy that knocked him out (it was a bounty tourney too), shook hands with all the remaining players and even signed a couple autographs. He is definitely trying.

Not saying he isn't trying,but i will wait a while until singing his praises. As i previously said, after 5 years, i will happily praise him :)

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate Tong G with a passion, and not just because he is Australian.

He would actually be a p*i*k even if he wasn't Australian.

And Shaun Sheiekan (sp?) horrible man

LOL - missed this first time around. What's wrong with being Australian?!? :p

As for Shieky yeah, agree. I'd actually forgotten he existed until you brought him up. Glad he hasn't been featured on TV in a long time, those early episodes of High Stakes Poker he was on really suffered because of him. He doesn't come across as having any redeeming qualities.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would be total dick to everyone if I was the "Rubik's Cube champion of Lithuania"

Tony G you Rock

Bring on the Russssssianzzzz~!!!!

Look at I made you do....you are a professional player; that is ugly, KJ....

ON YOUR BICYCLE!!

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
i lost all respect for Kid Poker when Mike the mouth was doing his thing and on and on but i have always believed he just did it to be funny. any way he is talking about taking somebody money and Dan , who is supost to be his friend, tells him he needs money to take money,embarrassing Mike to the max. Most people know Mike gets staked allot ,dont know what he blows his money on but guess he never has much. but to ay that to a friend in public and on TV is disgraceful to me, hope i get a chance to bust him someday

BigCountryAA

BigCountryAA

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love watching everyone you posted for the exact reasons you hate them. It makes watching poker a lot more fun and interesting when you have those big personalities clashing and never knowing what is going to be said or done at any moment. Seriously, watching others play poker without the table talk and big personalities would be worse than watching GOLF. SNORE.

Last edited:
OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i lost all respect for Kid Poker when Mike the mouth was doing his thing and on and on but i have always believed he just did it to be funny. any way he is talking about taking somebody money and Dan , who is supost to be his friend, tells him he needs money to take money,embarrassing Mike to the max. Most people know Mike gets staked allot ,dont know what he blows his money on but guess he never has much. but to ay that to a friend in public and on TV is disgraceful to me, hope i get a chance to bust him someday

Not sure what show you're talking about, but I'm thinking it might be Season 6 of High Stakes Poker?

If so that's one I've re-watched recently and it wasn't just Negreanu that was giving Matusow a hard at the table - pretty much everyone was. Even Doyle Brunson, and you pretty much never hear him complain about another player. I can see why too, because Matusow was a total waste of space in that game. He pissed and moaned and whinged for episodes at a time while playing absolutely no hands and taking up a seat that could've been occupied by someone interesting who was willing to play some hands and gamble a little with them.

-Phil Ivey27

-Phil Ivey27

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Forreal Matusow talks the most sh*t and he's the nittiest player to sit down with. Matusow shouldn't come to a high stakes game and lose all the money he brought and then try to get a stake.. Why embarrass yourself like that on television? Everyone saw it, Negreanu broke an awkward silence if anything.

I love Tony G idc how much crap he talks, he's hands down the best trash talker and gets in his opponents heads during the game. Poker is MENTAL WARFARE