Moral Issues Related to Gambling

B

brianthompson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think its a moral problem when someone recognizes someone has a gambling problem and encourages the behaviour.

GRANDPAPA929

GRANDPAPA929

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To go to the water closet - is also a moral issue?

Your question is a separate issue for each.
We have no right to decide for the people.
Everyone has one life and how he will live is his right.

A game for real money is always condemned.
200.webp

Last edited:
D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play should be happy, including gambling. Well, sometimes to the point, since people tend to different feelings and emotions. It is necessary to control their emotions and actions.

SlimHeperpokerstars

SlimHeperpokerstars

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whether we like to admit it or not,Poker in some ways is related to gambling.

“As much as we'd like to separate poker from gambling, poker played for money is gambling.”- Daniel Negreanu.

“‘Gambling is an addictive behavior, make no mistake about it. It has all the properties of a psychoactive substance. It changes the neurochemistry of the brain.’ In other words, the excitement of the possibility of winning a huge sum of money, with minimal investment, has a narcotic-like effect on the brain — that calls for greater and greater risks, in the hope of that ‘big’ win.” -Dr. Howard J. Shaffer, of the Harvard Medical School Division on Addictions.

But the question is,when would you consider this as a “moral” problem?

Feel free to share your opinions and thoughts.:top:

For most people, poker is a game of chance. Many people see poker negative happens so because they have little information about this game, and they themselves have heard about poker only from friends or on TV. Those who have deepened the understanding of the game, have a different opinion. And the view is the opposite. Professional poker players earn poker for a living. For them, it is work and attitude have to play more serious) why professionals are rarely exposed to gambling and playing poker "with the mind," I wish you the same!

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As a Canadian I am amazed by the American attitude.
It must be so frustrating to not be able to play your favorite game on line.
Why are the victims of fraud being punished?

P

parks124

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with you that poker is gambling. The problem isn't poker it's addiction. If you play addictively (your life and relationships are affected negatively), or you are irresponsible with money and creating financial problems, then poker is a problem. Some people can handle things better than others.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's strange for me, I have a very addictive personality but playing for large amounts of money is not one. I guess I'm addictive to the game but not the rush of big money.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thought this was going to be in line with like views of Dan Colman and many others who like the fact that they're good at this "game" and that it has made them rich, but dislike the fact that they're literally taking money from other people to accomplish this.

THAT'S the moral dilemna, if there is one.
Yea,im sure Dan is having trouble sleeping at night,,,:D

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are so many different levels of morals in todays world.
Just pick a level of who gives a shit that suits you.

For me, if it makes you feel uncomfortable doing it, then its probs put ya at your moral tipping point.

Related Gambling Guides: AU Gambling - CA Gambling - UK Gambling - NZ Gambling - Online Gambling