One million dollar for a living. Is it enough?

Lupu Anatolie

Lupu Anatolie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think not only me, but also all children and grandchildren

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a million dollars - you can live in any country well !!!)))
It remains only to win ..)))
:icon_king

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me, 1 million is really enough! With this money I would just live doing what I like, without needing to have a job for money :p

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on a few factors:

1-How much do you like to spent every month?

If you live frugal ($3,000/month) you can get by but if you like to go out a lot($5,000+/month) it will drain the money a lot faster.

2-Where will you live?

If you live in the US you wont have the same quality of life of lets say my country with the same amount of money, here with $2,000/month you can live like a KING and dont worry about much. With that same money on Los Angeles or New York and you would be below poverty line.

3-How old are you and how many years is your life expectancy?

If you are lets say 35 and live to 80 thats 45 years that the money has to last, instead if you are 40 and live till 70 thats just 30 years, $36,000 a year for 45 years vs $36,000 a year for 30 years= $1,620,000 vs $1,080,000, thats a huge difference in the money required.

4-You have to take into account inflation, $100 will not have the same buying power 10 years from now, inflation is about 2-3% a year.

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Imagine that you won one million dollars in a poker tournament. Weigh all your decisions and answer - will you have enough of this amount of money for the rest of your life, provided that you will also be engaged in that work in real life that will bring you pleasure.

P.S. I would very much like to hear the answer from the residents of USA, as this country impresses me very much and would like to live there some time. I will also be very grateful to the people of Canada for their response.

USA here........

My dad retired at the age of 56 years old.

On $57,000.
That's United States dollars.

THEN...he intentionally waited to draw Social Security Retirement until he qualified to draw it at 100%. Instead of drawing it 3 years earlier and losing 20% or more of it monthly. He was 65 when he started getting it.
((for you people in another country the United States pays old people for just being old))

He was an automotive body man his entire life.
His FULL CASH availabilty when he retired was...that $57,000.
His house was paid for, his 10 year old car was paid for and in good condition.

He and my mom never went hungry, and their bills were ALWAYS,ALWAYS,ALWAYS.......paid on time.
My dad was very strict about his bills.

I ...could retire off of $60,000 right now at the age of 57 and live the rest of my life in comfort. But I don't have $60,000...so there you go. :beerglass:beerglass

Some people have wants that will not do without.
They would rather cry, or kill themselves, trying to get those wants.

Me?....I know we're all going to die soon.
I just want to be comfortable in the process.

But I don't need.....$1,000,000.00

(it would be nice to see the world....but..I have PBS television..so there you go)

In my realm.....an ice cold beer, or a Crown Royal, and Rule #1....is as good as it gets.
Life's short...live it. Don't worry it.

:bebored::bebored::bebored::bandit::bandit::bandit::beer::beer::beer:

Last edited:
G

Gojira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
SURE

I totally believe that I would set for a life without being nervous with a million dollar....

Hackerosito

Hackerosito

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First fight to win them, and actually a million dollars is not so important, Many more factors are, and if it is for ambition of money, it is not about counting the money, because the fact of telling and you limit yourself to a figure .

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
depends where you live, and the type of lifestyle you plan to live. In most countries you would not survive a lifetime on 1 million alone imo. if you live somewhere cheap then its possible

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
depends where you live, and the type of lifestyle you plan to live. In most countries you would not survive a lifetime on 1 million alone imo. if you live somewhere cheap then its possible

I am living off of $18,000 a year.

No food stamps, no social security, no government handout, no begging borrowing or stealing.

My back hurts, my knee hurts, my hip hurts, ((excruciating hurt going on here).....and I can't perform the work I spent 40 years of my life making a decent living at anymore.

But...I can sit on a stool and ring up a customer on a cash register.
I can work.

Anyone that can not be handed $1,000,000.00 US.......
and make it out of this world in some form of comfort.....
is a needy human being without one single clue what life is all about,
and deserves to bust their butt working for the rest of their lives while that million sits in a bank waiting on them to have a heart-attack.

Me...I'm going to buy a fishing boat, a truck to pull it with, and take a trip to Vegas and sit at the high roller black jack table once and play off about $100,000 of it if I don't win.

Then, I'm going fishing with my CrownRoyal and my ..mood adjuster.

life is short man...
don't sweat the pocket change. Live it.

Douglas Gonzaga

Douglas Gonzaga

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, knowing how to invest and not go out spending with silliness can survive.

P

pokerpick311

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me a million dollars is a lot of money, the first thing I would do is build my house with a large park and many trees, help my family and enjoy some travel, meet other countries and also play live tournaments to acquire more experiences

sanekhorror

sanekhorror

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think for a million dollars you would turn your whole life, change your place of residence, travel, translate all your dreams and desires, at least you would not know what debts are, to some extent you would feel paradise, this is cool course, only to submit a million dollars at your disposal.

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if it would be enough but it would sure make life a lot easier to live.

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One million dollar for a living. Is it enough?

I do not know if they are enough, but better with them than without

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think 1 million is small, you need 2, that would put one in the bank and live on interest, and on the second buy an apartment car, and try to invest in the business )

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think yes you can live with 1M dollar if you dont spend on innecesary things

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At my age it would be plenty.

carli

carli

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the way you get up to a million dollars. For example, some winners of the lottery lost all their money in a short time. A factory in my city was privatized.The workers got huge money.Some workers spent all their money in a short time and did not even know they were obliged to pay taxes.Then they had to sell their property to settle their obligations to the state.In the situation when we come to big money, it does not need to fly into the clouds, but it needs to be firmly on the ground.

C

Cashcards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont know how much you plan to live living on a million dollars even if you plan work. i think you or need shorten your life span or not tochange nothing radically. if you plan living at least 20 years on million dollars you`ll have to living better than usual, nothing more. no new car or new house and so on.

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A million dollar is def. enough if you still work.
With a million dollar you can buy a house, a car and other expensive things, for which you would normally need a loan.
So you don't have to pay off a loan for 20 years.

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could easily live on it here in canada .I would buy skidoos,a boat ,harley and play live small and medium poker 7 days a week.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I did not became greedy and stupid I think a million dollars can be enough for me and my family :D that would be a nice present for everybody and sure i will have the chance to travel some more :p

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If a person buys a house, furniture and car. But plan on playing more poker and winning more money. I say they could make a career from that million dollars.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<div>I'm sure for some no amount will ever be enough. how ever for a lot that's more than enough, or at lest to invest and create, to maintain a decent life. and more than some will probably ever make.
Just need to spend it wisley</div>

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<div>how come my posts all have </div><div> in front and behind it can u guys see that or just me