Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Some people need to learn pot odds. I had to explain to someone why I was the favorite in this hand out of the four of us. (I was called a donkey for calling the all-in.. as were the other two in the hand.)

Here's the hand (sorry, accidentally exited out of hand history, but I remember what it was):

Blinds 5/10 -
MTG+2 raises to 20 (min raise)
Button calls 20
Mortis in the SB calls 15
BB calls 10

Cards:
MTG+2 has Ad/Ks
Button has Qs/Jh
Mortis has 6d/9d
BB has Jc/10d

Flop:
9c-Qd-2d

I bet the pot, call, call, Button raises all-in... the 3 of us call (I knew he had the Q, and didn't put anyone on a two pair, therefore I knew I still needed to catch a 6, 9, or diamond, and heads up, it would have been a coin flop post-flop)

post-flop.... Me with the middle pair + flush draw.. I am a 40% favorite while in this 4 handed game. I had 17 outs to win the hand.

Turn:
8d

Still not out of the woods, yet.

Flop:
5d

The A/K won, with his Ace high flush.. he was only a 15% favorite after the turn.

But... my point being.... a middle pair + flush draw is a very very good hand.. even against top pair, and is the favorite while 4 handed.

So, before you call someone a donkey for calling, betting, or even re-raising with a hand like this.. just remember, they may be the favorite against your Ace.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are you teaching the fish anything? Just take the chips and keep on playing. Next time they pick up a pair+FD, they'll remember the guy who said he was a favourite with it, and they might play it more aggressively...

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Why are you teaching the fish anything? Just take the chips and keep on playing. Next time they pick up a pair+FD, they'll remember the guy who said he was a favourite with it, and they might play it more aggressively...

lol.. you're right. Mods, delete this post! :D

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You counted your outs wrong but you were definitely the favorite. Oh yeah and listen to Chuck. Just don't say a word.

Oh yeah and generally just fold this crap preflop when OOP.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You counted your outs wrong but you were definitely the favorite. Oh yeah and listen to Chuck. Just don't say a word.

Oh yeah and generally just fold this crap preflop when OOP.

9 diamonds, 3 6's, and 3 9's..... oops ya, that's 15 outs, my bad, lol...... and I pride myself at being good at math :eek:

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When some one calls u a donk or something,IGNORE IT!
And defenatly dont go teaching him about pot odds and outs.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
9 diamonds, 3 6's, and 3 9's..... oops ya, that's 15 outs, my bad, lol...... and I pride myself at being good at math :eek:

theoretically you had 14 outs

once cards were flipped you had 12

although thats irrelevant since you were still monster favourite

Last edited:
Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When some one calls u a donk or something,IGNORE IT!
And defenatly dont go teaching him about pot odds and outs.

The person who called me that is not a member of this forum. I thought this forum was to be helpful to other members. There are a ton of other posts and advice from great members that help with poker plays and strategies. I didn't get mad or anything.. just made me think, and thought I was making a productive post.

I'm starting to feel sorry for making this post. I will delete it if you guys really want me to.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The person who called me that is not a member of this forum. I thought this forum was to be helpful to other members. There are a ton of other posts and advice from great members that help with poker plays and strategies. I didn't get mad or anything.. just made me think, and thought I was making a productive post.

I'm starting to feel sorry for making this post. I will delete it if you guys really want me to.
i was refering to this:
"Some people need to learn pot odds. I had to explain to someone why I was the favorite in this hand out of the four of us. (I was called a donkey for calling the all-in.. as were the other two in the hand.)"
Not about this post.
And your right the objective of these forum is to learn to become better at poker but where talking about you should never school the fish at the table.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i was refering to this:
"Some people need to learn pot odds. I had to explain to someone why I was the favorite in this hand out of the four of us. (I was called a donkey for calling the all-in.. as were the other two in the hand.)"
Not about this post.
And your right the objective of these forum is to learn to become better at poker but where talking about you should never school the fish at the table.

Gotcha.

I did it to shut him up (which he did)... but you guys are right. I probably shouldn't have said anything to him.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotcha.

I did it to shut him up (which he did)... but you guys are right. I probably shouldn't have said anything to him.
No you shouldnt.
schooling the fish at the table will only result in a few things:
Bad players might learn something and use it against u
Good players will get inside into you thought process and can use it against u.
Bad players might leave.

And btw there is nothing wrong with this post;)

Full Flush Poker