CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
Hello Regie, it's a pleasure to talk with you brother.

Well, I'm going to explain. Chi Kung and Taichi are in themselves two different disciplines but they go hand in hand.

Chi Kung is based on Chinese body medicine. It is based on mental and physical concentration and relaxation through breathing.
In the main movements there is muscle relaxation based on stretching, then there is a process of mental concentration, where you slowly visualize all your body organs from the toes of your feet through the entire body to the last corner of the skull, and Then come the body exercises, where based on your mental visualization you are doing exercises linked to the pancreas, stomach, blood vessels, joints, heart, etc. to achieve positive energy in the healing of your body.
You should consult it, but I really don't think it affects people with heart problems, I think on the contrary. Since the exercises are so gentle, and do not require enormous effort, such as going to a gym, for example, then if you have these heart problems, I believe that they would be essential for your health.

In the case of Taichi, this is a martial art. But it is not a contact martial art, rather it is a defense martial art that simulates many situations in which you could see yourself faced in daily life, and that in turn with very simple movements you could solve them.
In turn, as in Chi Kung, the movements are based on breathing and are very smooth. They do not require a remarkable physical effort.

Both in Chi Kung and in Taichi, the central basis is to de-stress and control anxiety, which today are fundamental factors in the fast-paced world in which we live and which causes our health to deteriorate day by day.

For my taste, Chi kung, Taichi and yoga are 3 disciplines that anyone should do at least 2 to 3 times a week, to improve their daily routines.

In an interview with Damian Salas, my compatriot WSOP 2020 world poker champion, he exposes all the benefits he obtained in performance for playing poker based on yoga.

If you have to make almost constant decisions in daily life, be it with children, family, work, etc. Imagine the number of decisions you have to make in a poker tournament. In a typical tournament of 5 to 6 hours, and supposing that you get to good instances of the tournament, you are dealt no less than 300 to 400 hands, in which you have to see cards, table positions, ranks, position in the tournament, your Big blinds, and in turn the confrontational hands in which you should see if you open raise, 3 bet, 4 bet, all in, calls, limps, in addition to live watch how your rivals play, and online take notes of players, hands etc.
Poker is not a game of, for example, I have 1010 and this hand is all in, no, the analysis is a little more complex than that.
That is precisely why, if you said that only in a game of luck, and well, the one with the luckiest could reach an important final. But you generally see players who always make it to final instances. And you wonder, could it be that this human being is so lucky??? and the answer is simply NO.
Behind this supposed luck, there is a huge process of studying the game, visualizing hands, practicing, studying the hands you play, etc., in addition to the physical/mental preparation that goes into sitting down for many hours in a tournament, having a enormous level of concentration, and the mental exhaustion that can mean sleeping badly, eating badly, instead of concentrating on the game, focus only on a hand that you played badly, or that the villain was supposedly lucky, and others.

That is why everyone agrees that meditation and these disciplines that I name, the most common being yoga, are essential in this process of adaptation to the game.

A big hug Regie, and I hope I have been able to answer your questions regarding these extraordinary disciplines that improve our quality of daily life.

A big hug and blessings brother for you and your family.

Below I leave some videos, if possible translate them into your language, or look for them on youtube in your language that surely there must be about Chi Kung and Taichi.

And in turn I leave you the interview that our coach from Chile Fabian Pichara did to our world poker champion Damian Salas, I hope you can translate it because it is really very interesting.:):):)

Interview to Damian Salas

The testimonials from world-class players like Damian Salas, along with the instructions on these disciplines, were very informative, and I'll make sure to incorporate them into my game. Thank you, bro.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
The mental game, is by far the hardest thing to train because it's about discipline it's about I believe in yourself believe in that you're doing right choices and believing that the theory that you know will give you results in the long run.

I believe it is the most important more than the theory and the math of poker, the mental game it isn't just for poker it is for life, your lifestyle must be set up from the moment you wake up until you go to 😴 sleep, I'm fan that habits are our life if we built habits of the life we want and do it every day, you'll get there even when you don't know you're getting there.

Study know the theory know variance because knowledge give us strength to understand, practice makes perfect, things you may find hard will become automatic, so practice study and tale care of your mindset because that's ⛽ gas of everything else 😉😉

Also there are material of this topic and of course there are coaches that can help a lot to keep discipline

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
How can developing mental preparation routines, such as visualizing positive outcomes, focusing on strengths, and maintaining composure under pressure, enhance a poker player's performance at the table?
Hi :)
My productivity is boosted by daily meditation. I have been meditating for many years, every morning, and it has a very positive effect on my spiritual, mental and physical state.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
@billibooo tells me all the time
I'm busy playing holdem and I need to focus!!

I say .......no

you need to learn to be able to deal with distractions.
Especially going Deep or on a Final Table

Prepare for Hell.... by fire

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
@billibooo tells me all the time
I'm busy playing holdem and I need to focus!!

I say .......no

you need to learn to be able to deal with distractions.
Especially going Deep or on a Final Table

Prepare for Hell.... by fire

and a side of AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh lolol :) but I say bring it on mister <3 I could use a little more of your light :D

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
A good strategy and you win as many chips as possible by turning your cards over; and try not to lose chips when your cards don't show up on the table

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I also recommend the ICM training, preferably the complete one in German, it is a great push and fold training fundamental in making quick preflop decisions, I have been testing some frequency Naural beats that help with concentration or relaxation, I like to create small mantras , such as "I will win"

userX

userX

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't have any special preparation procedures. In my case, everything is very banal, the main thing is to have free time :)
But in general, I think that for professionals, their psychological state is very important and probably requires various preparatory procedures.

georgi krastev

georgi krastev

Legendary Donk-Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
How can developing mental preparation routines, such as visualizing positive outcomes, focusing on strengths, and maintaining composure under pressure, enhance a poker player's performance at the table?
"visualizing positive outcomes" - It's like expecting to win with the :ah4::ad4: every time. (So it looks like I'm setting myself up for an illusion, that will send me into a furious tilt!)

"focusing on strengths" - What about the weaknesses...

"and maintaining composure under pressure" - Tilt handling is required here...

In fact, our tilt exposes our weaknesses…

(I had to pay more attention to my mental game than my technical game, (because my mental game screws up the technical, so, my mental game is way behind, with one word - mental fish). I simply had no choice if I wanted to continue playing poker. I found answers in this book that deals with tilt and types of tilt. More or less I cover all types of tilt, which is pretty serious in my opinion...

Tilt is no joke!

This book was kindly shared by my friend... Thanks a lot my friend... 💓)

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

and a side of AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhh lolol :) but I say bring it on mister <3 I could use a little more of your light :D

xD
shhhh

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You say that like I know how to be quiet :p <3 Happy Sunday Jett :) I hope you crush wherever you go <3

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Try studying anything by :

Tommy Angelo​

This guy will help you ubderstand poker flow and deal with negatives.

Remember results don't matter plus EV correct play does.

If you play 1,000,000 hands with +EV, you will come out in front.

The key is understanding when to play and when to fold. Even when your hands are sucked out on, keep remembering long term play with +EV if you play enough hands will put you in front eventually.

Last edited:
vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
being in harmony with yourself - you are in harmony with the game, everyone has different factors for achieving this state

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
best of luck studying 'poker flow' when you keep getting bad beats in tournaments near the bubble !

vladsink

vladsink

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
it is important to be mentally prepared, sometimes you are simply not in the mood to win the tournament, or vice versa