Is mental health related to poker performance?

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes of course! Sometimes a bad mood affects the game negatively.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
For sure. Poker demands a lot from our mental side.

If someone is facing difficulties that affect their psychological side, most likely they will not be able to perform at their A game.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think mental health is the main factor that can lead a player to either win or lose. If a person does not know how to keep his emotions to himself, does not know how to make sound and thoughtful decisions in any critical and stressful situation, then it is better for him not to play poker and other gambling games. In poker you need to be able to stop in time, regardless of whether the player wins or loses. A very important skill for any poker player is the ability to fold, despite the fact that you have a very strong hand, but at the same time you understand that your opponent has a stronger hand than yours.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is an important part of the game, and we also need to work on this plan, which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I really hope not 🥴
But yes, also emotions and (I think the word is) maturation (?)

romerim

romerim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Behind the cards and tokens are individuals with their own emotional journeys. Mental health in poker is unquestionably as important as any win or loss in the game.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you think the psychological side interferes with your success in the game?
This is what separates amateurs from professionals. All amateurs know this, but they can't do anything about it.:)

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it is the most important part, even more than mastering the game's mathematics.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
In my personal case, it does affect me, because I feel that I will solve problems by playing poker and winning it. So the first time I play poker a bad hand, I feel like I'm out of luck and I lose my concentration, leading to my bad game

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Do you think the psychological side interferes with your success in the game?
Hi :)
Our game and our results are directly related to our psychological state. It is obvious that a player in a state of stress, despite his skills and experience, can make decisions that are not completely considered and rational, and this in most cases will lead to bad results. Our psychological state is a very important aspect that we must always take into account.