vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Meditation is great. It will never be superfluous to clear your mind before doing difficult work and solving important tasks.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
meditation is fine i tried sometimes, hope u enjoy

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Meditating before playing poker can be beneficial for several reasons. Here are some potential advantages:

1. Improved Focus and Concentration: Meditation can help clear the mind of distractions and enhance your ability to concentrate on the present moment. This can be particularly valuable in poker, where focus is crucial for making optimal decisions and reading your opponents.
  2. Emotional Stability: Poker can be a mentally and emotionally challenging game, with swings of luck and the potential for intense pressure. Regular meditation practice can cultivate emotional stability and resilience, allowing you to maintain a calm and composed state of mind, even during difficult situations.
  3. Reduced Tilt and Emotional Decision-Making: Tilt refers to a state of emotional frustration or irritation that can lead to poor decision-making in poker. By meditating before a session, you may be better equipped to recognize and manage tilt when it arises, making it less likely to negatively impact your game.
  4. Increased Self-Awareness: Meditation can help you develop a deeper understanding of your own thoughts, emotions, and reactions. This self-awareness can be valuable in poker, as it allows you to better recognize and manage your own biases, tendencies, and behavioral patterns at the table.
  5. Enhanced Patience and Discipline: Poker requires patience and discipline to avoid impulsive actions and stick to a strategic plan. Meditation can cultivate these qualities by training you to observe and accept the present moment without judgment, which can translate into better decision-making and a more disciplined approach to the game.
When incorporating meditation into your poker routine, it's important to establish a consistent practice that suits your needs. Even short sessions of 10 to 15 minutes can provide benefits. Experiment with different meditation techniques, such as focused breathing, mindfulness, or guided meditations, to find what works best for you.

Remember that meditation is a skill that improves with practice, so be patient and persistent. It can be a valuable tool to enhance your mental and emotional well-being, and ultimately contribute to improved performance at the poker table.

nameless

nameless

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I never do it it may help but is a lot of time u gonna waste than regular poker players dont do . I have to improve my mind set normally .. if helps to someone lets be it

amatola

amatola

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
tbf time i started - seem to tilt way quicker than i used to.

B

Buttrought

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
this can actually be useful for abstracting

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The truth is that I have never tried it but I imagine that anything that helps to clear and relax the mind before a game should help greetings

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't tried. How to meditate?

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
that is one way :) , but there are other ways too ..like relaxing and enjoy life with other people could do it :)

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good morning everyone, poker is a people's game, physically and mentally it's very important, in my opinion studying the game is the most important thing to look for ranger knowledge by position, to try to explore the field, to learn new moves and to volume up is what secret of profitability.
I never tried to meditate, but of course there are players who feel good doing it, I think it's valid.
If you study and increase your profit it will be sure, an infallible recipe.

Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
Meditation is just a psychological term, a confident person will never do this. Maybe it will help someone, but I think it's a waste of time
I think the same, and there are good cards or bad cards .. and good runs and bad runs ✌️

akhilbansal

akhilbansal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Its all about focus. Practicing meditation may help your skill to focus, but whether you are focused in the moment of the game to decipher and read, it depends.

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Haven't tried meditating, but sounds logical and like it could be helpful. I will definitely try before my next few tournaments to see if there will be some difference. Of course, as I haven't meditated before, I will have to check out some videos on YouTube to help me get the hang of it. Thanks for the idea!

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I agree that be focus when you play poker is important, and the meditation is one the alternatives that help that, and you need take account that the place where you play should be ordered without things that distracts your attention.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
meditation is another training , the 4 - stroke breathing is simple but very difficult to do , the advice to listen to the meditation music is good , it calms down and helps with the tilt issue , I also listen to the binaural sound