Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think there's no point in meditating for me, I just come and sit down to play, I rarely tilt so I don't really need meditation, but I think this system can help many players because it helps psychological but don't get used to this technique, try to do it yourself in the shower and in your head yourself

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I try not to play poker when I'm worried about something, but I think meditation will help focus on the game

JeffSBrito

JeffSBrito

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Meditating before playing poker has been extremely effective for me. By taking a few minutes to calm my mind and focus on the present moment, I can achieve a state of greater clarity and focus. Meditation helps me reduce stress and anxiety, allowing me to make more thoughtful decisions and avoid impulsive reactions while playing. In addition, the practice of meditation helps me cultivate patience and approval, essential characteristics for dealing with poker variations. I feel more balanced and aware of my emotions, which allows me to maintain control even in the face of adversity. Meditation became a valuable preparation ritual for my poker sessions, providing a solid foundation for a more focused and productive game.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Meditation is just a psychological term, a confident person will never do this. Maybe it will help someone, but I think it's a waste of time
Would you consider Bencb (Benjamin Rolle) to be a person who lacks confidence? He's a big advocate of meditation. (in case you're not aware
he is one of the top online HSMTT players in the World today)
How about Dan Cates? Arguably the best poker player in the world (at least in HeadsUp poker but perhaps in other disciplines too?)
Here's a guy who rarely competes in any type of poker aside from NLHE & how VERY rarely plays tournament poker.
And yet... he entered the wsop $50,000 Players Championship (the one tournament that is considered to be the toughest field & best indicator of the greatest all round poker player in the world. It attracts all of the world's best!).
in 2019 and he placed 6th (first time entering it).
2020 (covid)
2021 - he placed 1st ($954,000)
2022 - he entered it again and once again he took 1st ($1,449,103)
back-to-back 1st place finishes!
One other thing that makes this accomplishment totally surreal.... he played the ENTIRE tournament while 'in character' (dressed as & talking as if he were Randy Machoman Savage). It was an incredible performance.

Daniel is into mediation. (he's actually running a meditation challenge thing right now... asking for people to join him and attempt to meditate for the next 14days). I'm off to a dismal start... only a few minutes the first day and zero today (too tired and wasn't able to get my mind quiet enough).

My plans are to continue to practise. Not because I am not confident but because I want to channel my brain to where it will perform at its absolute maximum ability! (would I run my racing motorcycle on lousy gasoline?... or would I put the best stuff I could afford into it?... I guess it depends on how fast I want to go and how much I want to care for my bike).
I know of many, many players who meditate. And fwiw, it's not to help me with 'Tilt' or not tilting, etc. For me it has nothing to do with that at all... nothing to do with my emotions.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
If you have the opportunity, never refuse the needy. Everything returns in triple size, both evil and good. This is the law of the aura.
If the law of the aura would be a reality, millions of people would drop dead right this very instant.

SopianaeExtra

SopianaeExtra

between my 2 ears
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Your intuition tells you something, decipher it.
Well, he's always there, at the same place, with a well-fed dog, so I have to wonder: Why does he need to beg when his pet can be in such good shape?

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't meditate or do anything before playing, I just try to stay calm during the entire game.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Would you consider Bencb (Benjamin Rolle) to be a person who lacks confidence? He's a big advocate of meditation. (in case you're not aware
he is one of the top online HSMTT players in the World today)
How about Dan Cates? Arguably the best poker player in the world (at least in HeadsUp poker but perhaps in other disciplines too?)
Here's a guy who rarely competes in any type of poker aside from NLHE & how VERY rarely plays tournament poker.
And yet... he entered the WSOP $50,000 Players Championship (the one tournament that is considered to be the toughest field & best indicator of the greatest all round poker player in the world. It attracts all of the world's best!).
in 2019 and he placed 6th (first time entering it).
2020 (covid)
2021 - he placed 1st ($954,000)
2022 - he entered it again and once again he took 1st ($1,449,103)
back-to-back 1st place finishes!
One other thing that makes this accomplishment totally surreal.... he played the ENTIRE tournament while 'in character' (dressed as & talking as if he were Randy Machoman Savage). It was an incredible performance.

Daniel is into mediation. (he's actually running a meditation challenge thing right now... asking for people to join him and attempt to meditate for the next 14days). I'm off to a dismal start... only a few minutes the first day and zero today (too tired and wasn't able to get my mind quiet enough).

My plans are to continue to practise. Not because I am not confident but because I want to channel my brain to where it will perform at its absolute maximum ability! (would I run my racing motorcycle on lousy gasoline?... or would I put the best stuff I could afford into it?... I guess it depends on how fast I want to go and how much I want to care for my bike).
I know of many, many players who meditate. And fwiw, it's not to help me with 'Tilt' or not tilting, etc. For me it has nothing to do with that at all... nothing to do with my emotions.
it's just self-hypnosis and nothing moreo_O:ROFLMAO:;)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
it's just self-hypnosis and nothing moreo_O:ROFLMAO:;)

It actually has nothing to do with that ^

Are you not the least bit interested in expanding your horizons? Gaining knowledge?

Why does it seem to work for so many? Why do some of the world's best poker players do it regularly & swear by it? Aren't you the least bit curious to know why?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well, he's always there, at the same place, with a well-fed dog, so I have to wonder: Why does he need to beg when his pet can be in such good shape?
Perhaps he cares deeply for the dog.
Maybe he's looking after someone else's dog.
Maybe the dog eats before he does.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do whatever necessary to get into the zone.. I prefer listening to music..

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
If the law of the aura would be a reality, millions of people would drop dead right this very instant.
You said nonsense. Why should they drop dead? They will simply suffer, and they and those who are dear to them.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It actually has nothing to do with that ^

Are you not the least bit interested in expanding your horizons? Gaining knowledge?

Why does it seem to work for so many? Why do some of the world's best poker players do it regularly & swear by it? Aren't you the least bit curious to know why?
This works for many because they think it helps somehow, but in reality it's just self-hypnosis .I don't see anything wrong with that, they want to believe it's their right(y)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I understand what you're saying but I don't fully agree with parts of it.

Suggesting that I cannot help a beggar with charitable donations is not true. If I am able to show this person that they matter... that I care.. that I acknowledge their presence.. MATTERS and HELPS (imo). Maybe I stop and listen to some of their story. Maybe I give them some money... (I often give them $5 but sometimes I will give them $50 or $100). I am not in a position to do much more.

I have in the past picked up a homeless hitch-hiker on the highway (I was on my way home from Vancouver B.C., a 7hr. drive). When I asked this person where they were headed, they didn't even know where they wanted to be dropped off but then named a city that was 45mins. away. I listened to their story on the drive & shared some of my own... it was obvious to me that this man was an alcoholic. I ended up bringing him back to my home, brought him to AA, got him set up in a Motel (via Salvation Army), & got him a job. He stayed in the community for a few years and stayed sober for 5+yrs.
5yrs. later, I met him in a Treatment Center. He was still trying to stay sober & was there with 2 weeks sober.
Another 20yrs. later, we still keep in touch although he lives 5hrs. away from me.

I know what it is like to have nothing. I know what it is like to receive $1 from someone so that you can purchase a loaf of bread. People showing you they care about you... this helps! It doesn't solve the problem but it definitely helps the person.
Impeccable comment brother @Poker Orifice
No waste.
I congratulate you, that's how you act in life.
Those of us who live a Christian spirituality like me at least do so.
I help without needing to see who he is or what he is doing, I just help him and leave.
I am satisfied with the fact that most of those I help say "thank you, friend. May God bless you." For me that word is only a huge caress to my soul and my heart.
Greetings:):):):)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
For those of us who live Christian spirituality, meditating is nothing less than praying in contact with the creator, our God.
It is also a way of being at peace, and doing everything in life as correct as possible.
Neither more nor less than "love your neighbor as yourself"
All the various forms of spirituality always help, Buddhism, Hinduism, Christianity and others are very good as long as we do things the way we should.
greetings brother, good post:):):):)

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This works for many because they think it helps somehow, but in reality it's just self-hypnosis .I don't see anything wrong with that, they want to believe it's their right(y)
You fail to understand what meditating actually even is. It has nothing to do with 'hypnosis' or trying to convince oneself that something is working or not.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't meditate, I don't exercise, and I eat a lot of junk food. I smoke, drink coffee and cough. My pre-game ritual is very simple, drink coffee, smoke, and cough.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
How cool that you found a technique for you. I usually listen to music, take a vitamin and eat good bread with eggs, lettuce and tomatoes. I don't know if it's my ritual but when I do this I have had good results.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You fail to understand what meditating actually even is. It has nothing to do with 'hypnosis' or trying to convince oneself that something is working or not.
I understand everything, I'm just kidding:ROFLMAO:

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Once the person meditating realizes there no longer is a person in need of meditating, the mediation has started to work. ;)

Also, meditation/mindfulness does not have to be sitting on a cushion. Mindfulness always has to be mindfulness of something. Mindful eating, mindful walking, mindful breathing.

Can we get ourselves to a point where we are no longer separating meditating from not-meditating? Or...ourselves from the meditation? :)

An insight that has recently helped me is: I am not the analyzer inside my head. I am not the voice in my head that sounds like my spoken voice. These are just thoughts, which spontaneously arise along with all the other quantum thoughts at any "moment."

Last edited:
A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
We must do everything that helps in the game. If it's meditation, that's good too.