Chips
i love opening with aces utg+1 and getting 5 callers

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol I just played 2 $50 tourneys one on Stars one on FTP they both started at 9:30 and by 1:30am I had busted in both for a grand total of -$20 net (didn't money one, $90 in the other, $10 in rake). Then I played some cash and within the first 5 minutes won a $200 stack. Why the **** do I play tourneys?

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Actually I just had a thought. We've had some great videos from CC members about all different types of limits/plays/etc etc. The majority of our videos have been from really great players as instructional videos showing how they play and there thought processes. What about a video from someone who is actually struggling to cope with variance, the limit there playing, self confidence, mindset etc etc. I'm sure there's a lot of players who suffer this at some point in their play but actually a video of someone who is struggling rather than someone who is on a heater or whatever, may be more educational with the right discussion and post video analysis.

Any thoughts?

I'd be up for this but I seriously have no clue how to make a video:( . And trust me all, atleast most of you run like GOD on the tables, I run like W/E is the Opposite of GOD:p (ASS good term:p ).

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Decided to give 3/6 on UB a shot tonight:

Absolute/UB Cereus No-Limit Hold'em, $6.00 BB (6 handed)

Button ($2217.50)
SB ($1163.10)
BB ($971.68)
Hero (UTG) ($724.90)
MP ($1176.65)
CO ($750.77)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A
club.gif
, K
club.gif

Hero bets $18, 3 folds, SB calls $15, 1 fold

Flop: ($42) 8
diamond.gif
, 10
club.gif
, J
club.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $28, SB raises to $126, Hero raises to $706.90 (All-In), SB calls $580.90

Turn: ($1455.80) K
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($1455.80) Q
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $1455.80 | Rake: $3

Results:
SB had 10
heart.gif
, 10
diamond.gif
(three of a kind, tens).
Hero had A
club.gif
, K
club.gif
(royal flush).
Outcome: Hero won $1452.80

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Decided to give 3/6 on UB a shot tonight:

Absolute/UB Cereus No-Limit Hold'em, $6.00 BB (6 handed)

Button ($2217.50)
SB ($1163.10)
BB ($971.68)
Hero (UTG) ($724.90)
MP ($1176.65)
CO ($750.77)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A
club.gif
, K
club.gif

Hero bets $18, 3 folds, SB calls $15, 1 fold

Flop: ($42) 8
diamond.gif
, 10
club.gif
, J
club.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $28, SB raises to $126, Hero raises to $706.90 (All-In), SB calls $580.90

Turn: ($1455.80) K
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($1455.80) Q
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $1455.80 | Rake: $3

Results:
SB had 10
heart.gif
, 10
diamond.gif
(three of a kind, tens).
Hero had A
club.gif
, K
club.gif
(royal flush).
Outcome: Hero won $1452.80

Board: 8d Tc Jc Kh
Dead:

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 25.000% 25.00% 00.00% 11 0.00 { AcKc }
Hand 1: 75.000% 75.00% 00.00% 33 0.00 { TdTh }

Donk ;)

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Congrats on 1k Tygran

Works going ok, I have joined a web design forum, well I joined in about october but been looking about on there more and theres so much cool stuff on there which is awesome.

Not much poker but gotta get this work done first and then I can grind 24/7!!

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another try at not tilting today, I usually don't tilt too bad, I just go and play 1 0r 2 tables of 50nl or 100nl, not so bad right? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Te pokah not likes us anemoar. But iz ok. Us not likes it back. Sumwun go tells it we hates it. ty

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just played some 50NL HU and maked a massive profit of 6.25$.
Before u all tear me to pices for not following BRM i was searching some people on my buddy list and noticed one of them siting with 20$ stack at a HU table so obvs. i joined him a took his money.
But wow at how much ev- SS at 50NL probably is cause of the rake...

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
March has been the most up n down, happy one minute, raging the next month of poker ive ever played, I've gone from running like a god in my first session of 10nl to not being able to hit a bloody thing while everyone else at the table is constantly catching something on the flop, be it 2 pairs, fd's, straight drawsm, they catch any of the flop and theyre all sticking around and hitting what they need to be beating me on the turn or the river!!

I've played 8000 hands at 10nl now and i've been up $50 at my highest point and now i'm down $4.50 after my most tilt inducing day to date, downloading HEM now to get the free trial and see what my ev thingys like, i'm hoping that can give me a bit of a confidence boost.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played 8000 hands at 10nl now and i've been up $50 at my highest point and now i'm down $4.50 after my most tilt inducing day to date, downloading HEM now to get the free trial and see what my ev thingys like, i'm hoping that can give me a bit of a confidence boost.

DONT. your "ev thingy" is almost useless and will almost likely give you the wrong information. also stop focusing so much on your results. it's alright to be down less than a buy-in, that happens, but what you should do to cope with it is think more about how to play your hands better and make better overall decisions rather than the "EV line"/"flopping sets!"/"rivering the nuts!" bs that most people seem to be concerned with.

seriously, make the best decisions you can, and you'll win. don't get sucked into the whole "gotta hit silverstar" "gotta flop a set" mindset that will cause you to crumble when you run bad.

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
downloading HEM now to get the free trial and see what my ev thingys like, i'm hoping that can give me a bit of a confidence boost.
This is NOT an accurate representation of whether you have been running bad or not. Especially over only 8,000 hands. Seriously dude, this will do nothing to boost your confidence. Just focus on making correct decisions. Any variance that occurs is part of the game. No graph is going to make you a better player. And the HEM EV stat isn't perfect anyway.

EDIT: Vanq beat me to it, but, yeah.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you're above ev you'll feel bad because you're not playing as well as you thought. If you're below ev you'll complain about your shit luck. It's just such a small percentage of the luck involved as well that it really doesn't matter. Just play your game.

That said, everything else about HEM is better than PT3, so I'd still get it and use it.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
DONT. your "ev thingy" is almost useless and will almost likely give you the wrong information. also stop focusing so much on your results. it's alright to be down less than a buy-in, that happens, but what you should do to cope with it is think more about how to play your hands better and make better overall decisions rather than the "EV line"/"flopping sets!"/"rivering the nuts!" bs that most people seem to be concerned with.

seriously, make the best decisions you can, and you'll win. don't get sucked into the whole "gotta hit silverstar" "gotta flop a set" mindset that will cause you to crumble when you run bad.

Cheers, that was a tilted posting lol, should've put it in the vents bit really, I sacked off the idea of the ev graph, mainly b/c (and zachs said about this) i'd convinced myself it was all down to running bad and if i seen a plus ev graph i'd want to cry lol

This is the worst i've ever ran i think so its a bit tough for me, i know its going to get tougher than this but i'm going to man up and deal with it sensibly, had a look at my sessions and i think i'm having a bit of trouble playing overpairs, specifically the bigger ones, seem to be paying off everybody that hits a set!! i think this comes from just moving over from 5nl where you can play an overpair like the nuts b/c of all the tp.../tk/gk/bk lovers there lol

Theres just sooo many completely passive players that sit c/c'ing their AA or KK or set or quads!!! lol This could stem from me being a bit too aggro, but it's denting my confidence b/c i now keep seeing monsters under the bed when i get c/c by anyone and i'm not getting proper value for the hands that i'm winning with.

Anyways, gonna do the right thing and put some hands in the HA section, would be much appreciated if a few of you guys could take a look for me, cheers.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Orange i hope u start running good again but tbh if your worst downswing is 4 and half buy-ins you shouldnt really be complaining.
Thats just a very standard swing that shouldnt even bother you.
Just focus on playing your A-game,avoid tilt and value right decision making over ev graphs and you will be fine :).

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've really come to realize that way too many people aorund here, including myself, freak out over downswings that shouldn't freak us out or for that matter really cause us to break a sweat.

3, 4, 5 BI downswings in the big scheme of things really are extremely minor and if you think you will never experience a 5 BI downswing either you are God or extremely delusional (course if you think you are God you are extremely delusional anyway...)

What's a "bad" downswing? Well.. I shouldn't really have to enumerate this but it really depends on your game (10 BI is nothing at HU but probably at least approaching a lot at FR..etc etc).

I understand this thread has sort of become the cool place to vent but don't you think we ought to make a bit of a concentrated effort to not freak out over stuff that doesn't warrant it?

Note that I'm not at all saying a 4 BI or 5 BI (whatever) downswing doesn't suck, it most certainly does... and I'm not saying we can't come vent. But let's be a bit more realistic about it yeah?

Besides..that's just gotta be annoying for some of the ones on here who really have experienced a god awful downswing to see someone losing their head over "omg I lost 3 BI's today".

Along these same lines.. I'd say most of us including myself really gotta stop worrying about day to day bottom line results as much as "did I make good decisions today?"