***March Megalomania Poker Chat Thread***

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After this I concluded that beating these stakes for 90ptBB must be a piece of cake if you play 15/10 and open-raise to 20 big blinds every time. Of course, I wanted to play loose as hell, so I gave up.

It really is that simple. Open shove AA and raise huge with any other premium. Then BOOM profitz.

Stick to high stakes though, Chris. ;)

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After Jagsti mentioned how relaxing it is to play the micros, I played some 1c/2c yesterday. I played 92/80 and lost $21 in like 100 hands.
And I didn't find it relaxing at all. The fact that people called my triple barrels with bottom pair right after I had sat down (i.e. with no way of knowing how much of a maniac I am) just tilted me out of my mind. :mad:

And I'm not even kidding. The money involved really shouldn't matter to me, but it made so angry how you cannot make them fold anything. So I started making my opening raise sizes anywhere between 20c and 40c. I got action pretty much every time. I was so longing to flop second pair so I could valuetown them to death, but I never flopped anything. Then, when I finally had AA, of course I got called for 30c preflop by one player. But then he folded to my c-bet! Like wtf. C-bet success up until that point had been 18%. I mean wtf.

Then I shoved Q5s for $5 (250 big blinds) over someone's preflop raise. He called me with A7o and I sucked out. Yay! This gave me new confidence. Then this happened:
I open-raised QTo to $0.40 (20 big blinds) and got called by both blinds. The flop came:
club.gif
diamond.gif
T
club.gif

SB checks, BB bets $0.20 into $1.20. I had top pair good kicker, i.e. the nuts, so I raised to $1. Now the SB called and the BB shoved for $3.32. I had not been very aggro postflop (obviously, cause they called everything and I never had anything), so I figured my hand can't be good. I folded, and the SB insta-called it off.
SB showed 5h Ah (a pair of Fives) and won $7.66 ($4.33 net)
BB showed 2h Ks (a pair of Twos) and lost (-$3.33 net)

So yeah. Second pair and third pair, but excellent kickers. After this I concluded that beating these stakes for 90ptBB must be a piece of cake if you play 15/10 and open-raise to 20 big blinds every time. Of course, I wanted to play loose as hell, so I gave up.

You obviously didn't notice the blinking neon sign telling everyone you had AA. The guy that called and folded to your c-bet was holding 92o hoping for a 992r flop, because 92o is one of the top hands in micros, ldo.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all, just updated my blog with details of my first (swingy) tippy toes into 10nl, any comments appreciated, thank you

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
blah ! havent played for 2 days now because of University work and cheltenham festival. Got more work to do today, this sucks !!

Suppose I have to do it though work > poker! (thats work before poker) everybody knows work <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<poker!

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 more hours of work, then I am going drinking until Wednesday sometime :)

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
5 more hours of work, then I am going drinking until Wednesday sometime :)

I guess most of ireland is shutting down for 4 day weekend. Except the pubs of course lol.

***edit -make that a 5 day weekend - nobody will be fit to work on Wednesday.

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey all, just updated my blog with details of my first (swingy) tippy toes into 10nl, any comments appreciated, thank you
like the blog..well written and illustrated...still can't find what orangepeeleo is though :)

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
like the blog..well written and illustrated...still can't find what orangepeeleo is though :)

It's an old nickname from the army, we were talking about stupid school nicknames once and i let slip that a lot of the girls in my primary school used to go "Neil,Neil, Orangepeel" lol (b/c they fancied me of course) so my army mates in training started calling me orangepeel for a while i added the 'eo' bit b/c orangepeel was taken and i was well into the godfather and goodfellas etc at the time lol

Thanks for reading though :D

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone seen Vanq or Feitr lately?

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just so nobody worries, i know for a fact vanq is fine and active on the internets. he just apparently hasn't wanted to come on AIM or CC

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's an old nickname from the army, we were talking about stupid school nicknames once and i let slip that a lot of the girls in my primary school used to go "Neil,Neil, Orangepeel" lol (b/c they fancied me of course) so my army mates in training started calling me orangepeel for a while i added the 'eo' bit b/c orangepeel was taken and i was well into the godfather and goodfellas etc at the time lol

Thanks for reading though :D
lol ty...neil neil .....

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sigh

computer is now broken for about 2 weeks or more, got it back from the pc store repair place building and it still doesn't work.

First they replaced the cooler then they replaced the motherboard and I'm fairly certain it's fixed now, but I was installing my powersupply yesterday and again I'm fairly certain I put all the wires where they are supposed to be but when I start it up I get no screen on my monitor :( which has never happened before (I brought it in because it kept rebooting every 2-3 mins when booting up)

On top of that our internet has disappeared wednesday and still hasn't returned which brings me to the overall sentiment I want to express here:

FML FML FML FML FML FML FML FML FML FML FML FML.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to be honest i feel like i have become a troll on CC and my posts have lost almost all value i know you guys have probably gotten tired of seeing my 5 character posts never talking about anything important. posting in HA my advice has been trivial/inane/wrong so i've avoided it. in general i just havent been posting because i dont think i have anything to contribute. i neglected that people would worry about me but i want it to be known ive been playing poker, watching videos, posting useless stuff on other forums because i think here is not the place for me to continue to do it. i know there are a few of you who have expected me to help you with coaching and that stuff, but right now i am unforunately putting that on hold. i am considering making some videos however and if i do i will be sure to post them on this website because it is still my home.
so if there were some of you who were actually worried i apoligize i was trying to avoid the typical drama that comes with my comings and goings. it is good to see everyone is doing well and also i meant to apologize for posting some really weird stuff here before i took some time away from posting. that was a mistake that probably stemmed from some mild deression i have been suffering from (standard for me). about AIM, i dont wanna go on AIM anymore, it's not a very good way to communicate because i think its a medium through which my words offend people and i get tiled and get in fights with u guys over AIM, and it's just not a good idea for that. also i get drunk often and if i chat on AIM then i make empty promises and talk about weird stuff and i 'm trying to condition myself away from that.
i have not read any of the current threads i just came here because i felt like a clown for leaving all dramatically as if i was trying to make u guys worry about me which was not the case. i am aware of my drama queen status here and i wish for it to go away but that will take time and for now i will just marinate in the consequences of what i posted/said to people on this website.
i am aware that i am being immature and i'm sure there are [plenty of people who have started to dislike me because i was once a contributor and i tryed to make everyone laugh but now it's gotten out of hand and my posts leead to stupid disagreements and general trolling. if you guys want to contact me i still read my PMs or if needed i can get on AIM etc if its truly necessary, but i'm not going to be the same old o3c/useless post machine and i hope you will understand this. also i'm trying to get a 4.0 this semster :D. a lot of time is spent doing marketing projects for schook though

thats about it on this front, i'll be browsing a bit today and then i have to go do some things i'm still around though. sorry for being a dbag to those who i was a dbag too. i see chris has quitting smoking, combuboom won his prop bet and chuck and zach and all the people are still on the grind, i'm trying to get some money too, not quite so profitable, but still grinding nevertheless as well.

i will try to make sure my future posts have more value than my former ones.

:6c4:

tl;dr

cliff notes: i've become a non-contrubor to the forum and am trying to change it

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just reread my post and realized how idiotic it seems. oh well.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also i posted it on the 25th page of this thread. jesus i really came to school with my lunchbox prepared today. im going to play some poker soon i think. maybe i should go play some live? maybe. i lost a coinflip for 6 buy ins the last time i played online heheheheh. i think i made a bad play but i had a read that the guy 4bets semi-wide and never 4bet/folds so i shoved JJ over his 4bet for a very big stack and managed to get action from AK though. i wish i had the hand but my hold em manager is broken

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i just reread my post and realized how idiotic it seems. oh well.

Seems like an incredibly sensible, self-reflective and mature post to me Vanq. Not wishing to patronise you at all, but I hope you get where you want to be.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Glad to hear you're doing ok Vanq. I hope getting that 4.0 works out for you this semester.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have come to the conclusion that stars is rigged in AA v KK situations. I've had it twice in my favour, won 1 against a shortstack, and lost the other against a full stack, and i've had the kings twice, lost both, 1 for a full stack, and the other we were 200bb's deep and i managed to play it godly and lose only like 65bb's

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also, could villain have butchered this any worse? and hes a reg

poker stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

UTG+1: $5.30 (21.2 bb)
MP1: $24.95 (99.8 bb)
MP2: $25.05 (100.2 bb)
MP3: $44.30 (177.2 bb)
CO: $16.25 (65 bb)
BTN: $4.65 (18.6 bb)
Hero (SB): $25.85 (103.4 bb)
BB: $25.35 (101.4 bb)
UTG: $8 (32 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with A
club.gif
A
spade.gif

7 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2) 5
club.gif
J
spade.gif
J
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.50) Q
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

River: ($7) K
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Results: $7 pot ($0.30 rake)
Hero showed A
club.gif
A
spade.gif
(two pairs, Aces and Jacks) and lost (-$3.50 net)
BB showed A
diamond.gif
J
heart.gif
(three of a kind, Jacks) and won $6.70 ($3.20 net)

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome back Vanq.

Feels like my head is going to fall off! I have been working on assignments for the last 9 hours uggh !! thats it for today im going to have some tea, chill and play some pokahz yay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
also, could villain have butchered this any worse? and hes a reg

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

UTG+1: $5.30 (21.2 bb)
MP1: $24.95 (99.8 bb)
MP2: $25.05 (100.2 bb)
MP3: $44.30 (177.2 bb)
CO: $16.25 (65 bb)
BTN: $4.65 (18.6 bb)
Hero (SB): $25.85 (103.4 bb)
BB: $25.35 (101.4 bb)
UTG: $8 (32 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with A
club.gif
A
spade.gif

7 folds, Hero raises to $1, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2) 5
club.gif
J
spade.gif
J
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.75, Hero calls $0.75

Turn: ($3.50) Q
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $1.75, Hero calls $1.75

River: ($7) K
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB checks

Results: $7 pot ($0.30 rake)
Hero showed A
club.gif
A
spade.gif
(two pairs, Aces and Jacks) and lost (-$3.50 net)
BB showed A
diamond.gif
J
heart.gif
(three of a kind, Jacks) and won $6.70 ($3.20 net)

What's Jennifer Tilly's screen name?