***March Megalomania Poker Chat Thread***

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• Today.jpg
    Today.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 5
icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So long ... and thanks for all the fish.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I didn't realize TR does UB as well, apparently it's just under AP. I've got one of the steadiest graphs ever and it gives me 100 tilt, wtf? (thinly concealed brag as well ;))

Attachments

• UBTR031309.jpg
    UBTR031309.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 5
NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still playing 6 tables at $10NL because I'm not entirely happy with the way I'm playing. At 11.4bb/100 over 14,000 hands but I'm not satisfied with my use of HUD stats yet.

So I decided to force myself to play 8 tables to see if that forces me to use the HUD better. So far so good. :)

Engage doomswitch, I'm sure.

Attachments

• one $10 session.jpg
    one $10 session.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 5
dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/cash-games-11/question-day-loose-aggro-way-go-146196/#post1116764

These types of posts tilt the **** out of me. People who want to know what the best "long term stats" are make me want to skull-**** an infant with a crowbar.

You're playing an exploitive game. Getting people to make mistakes is how you make money. Stop worrying about good stats, or what style you think is "in" right now, and start worrying about how you can get some player to shuttle you sklansky bucks.

This is not rocket science. Make people fold better hands when you have the worst of it, and make them put money in when your hand is best. And there's not stat that measures your ability to do this other than money you win over the long term.

The only time stats become relevent is when you're thinking about your stats in relationship to someone you're trying to exploit. So if a donk's stack off preflop range is 3.2% of hands, and he shoves, then we should call with X.X% where X.X% makes our EV positive (and even then, how that X.X% is made up should change as well depending on the player).

When I look at a micro grinder's stats, I usually think "Gee, he's seeing too many showdowns", because people at microlimits play straightforwardly for the most part. I'm not saying a WTSD of 25% is the most optimal number. But against the average fish you play against, you should probably be seeing that many. What you really need to get out of that advice is "Well, I'm probably calling too many river bets against ABC TAG's with TPMK type hands. Maybe I'll start more hands that make top-pair, medium kicker preflop to raises from ABC TAG players."

Argh, I've edited this post like a trillion times and I don't think I'm making any sense. If anyone got anything out of it, w00t to you.

I'm really starting to see this myself, C9. Last month I studied and studied, I tried to get my stats to what the majority said were "the best" and all I did was lose money like a man with a hole in his pockets. I started off this month not giving a **** about stats and I'm making a profit again.

I understand the idea behind having good stats and such, and I still use them. But now I'm using the other players stats more and not worrying so much about mine. We'll see at the end of this month if it's still working or not.:)

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IF this thing was at 20 buyins I would probably have set myself on fire and run naked to half-court of the Lakers game and died in Kobe's arms.

Why the hell would Kobe put his arms around a flaming naked man?

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you don't know the reference you REALLY need to read Hitchhikers Guide.

But I imagine you do, and you just wonder what the heck he means and where his blog went. To that extent I join you.

wat?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ice - Suck it up dude! Your BR is more than enough to cope with running crap for a long while at 50nl.

Just play some 5nl for a bit and donk shove every hand! It makes you feel good when you suck out :D.

Play some $10 sng's, some Mtt's or w/e. Just take a break from cash for a bit and play at relatively low stakes until your confidence gets back. Are you a member of DC/Stox? Just watch some stuff and chill.

You really don't have to ban yourself from poker sites, CC and your blog just to remedy this. This is not logical imo.

I think I realllllllllyyyyy need to do a 'Well' to show you guys wtf running bad really is! Sorry, I know it's all relative and that, and it affects ppl differently. But if you can't cope with running bad, and you have to take such drastic measures, then maybe playing poker to the extent you do, is not really a wise move!

BTW, anyone seen Vanq lately? :(

Last edited:
V

Vizio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on what site can you play monopoly for money? Dame I guess you can bet on anything now a days huh.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I didn't realize TR does UB as well, apparently it's just under AP. I've got one of the steadiest graphs ever and it gives me 100 tilt, wtf? (thinly concealed brag as well ;))

PTR says: "Tilt is defined as having a downswing that is orders of magnitude larger than their average downswing, as determined by standard deviation from the mean". I think you haven't had enough downswings yet on UB to make this stat converge to any meaningful value...

Also, i don't see what is "thinly concealed" about your very obvious and shameless brag. :D

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ice - Suck it up dude! Your BR is more than enough to cope with running crap for a long while at 50nl.

Yeah I know. I just need a few days break that's all.

Jagsti said:
Just play some 5nl for a bit and donk shove every hand! It makes you feel good when you suck out :D.

Ha, I played some 2nl with CCers last night, lost a whopping $0.28. Had fun through!

Jagsti said:
Play some $10 sng's, some Mtt's or w/e. Just take a break from cash for a bit and play at relatively low stakes until your confidence gets back. Just watch some stuff and chill.

I played a $5 sng last night. Was 2nd in chips, then the big stack fed the 2 short stackers. Then this hand "crushed" my heart out of playing SNGs:

poker stars, $5.50 Buy-in (200/400 blinds, 25 ante) NL Hold'em Tourney, 4 Players Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Hero (BB): 1,995 (5 bb)
CO: 6,395 (16 bb)
BTN: 2,200 (5.5 bb)
SB: 2,910 (7.3 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with A
club.gif
K
diamond.gif

CO raises to 1,200, 2 folds, Hero raises to 1,970 and is all-in, CO calls 770

Flop: (4,240) 4
diamond.gif
club.gif
J
diamond.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
Turn: (4,240) A
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: (4,240) J
spade.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
Results: 4,240 pot
Hero showed A
club.gif
K
diamond.gif
(two pairs, Aces and Jacks) and lost (-1,995 net)
CO showed J
club.gif
T
spade.gif
(three of a kind, Jacks) and won 4,240 (2,245 net)

You really don't have to ban yourself from poker sites, CC and your blog just to remedy this. This is not logical imo.

I didn't ban myself from anything. Last night I had to migrate the IP address form the DNS server for my blog to a new directory on my webserver because my blog was getting this weird MySQL/PHP/IIS problem where you would go to my blog, but Gaming Illustrated Poker would show up. So I fell asleep before the DNS propogated, so it looked like my blog went down when in fact it was just in migration. It's back up now, but I need to reinstall all the goodies for WordPress. I also didn't ban myself from Stars or CC ... if I have time for poker today I plan to watch some PLO videos and play 25PLO.

I think I realllllllllyyyyy need to do a 'Well' to show you guys wtf running bad really is! Sorry, I know it's all relative and that, and it affects ppl differently. But if you can't cope with running bad, and you have to take such drastic measures, then maybe playing poker to the extent you do, is not really a wise move! BTW, anyone seen Vanq lately? :(

Don't. I'm sorely disappointed in my well experience. I think CC is over the whole well thing, you won't get many interesting questions. I guess you can start a thread and you and I can go back and forth talking about Epic Fail Downswing Syndrome (EFDS) and how to get out of its clutches.

Anyways, thanks man, wanted to make sure people didn't jump to conclusions, but my last message was intended to say I'm done playing NLHE even at 50nl for a while.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ice, battle through it imo. Since January my move down to nl$50 combined with a site move has re-motivated me lots (then again I did take a week off as well).

My connection speed has halfed with no apparent reason this month, bastards. Just after changing providers as well.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt needs to open their academy store already so i can see how worthless these credits are. it's obviously going to be the most appealing part of the whole idea to most players, so why the f are they delaying it? to gauge how many credits people earn in the meanwhile? pokerstars would never do that. ftp is so lame sometimes

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't. I'm sorely disappointed in my well experience. I think CC is over the whole well thing, you won't get many interesting questions. I guess you can start a thread and you and I can go back and forth talking about Epic Fail Downswing Syndrome (EFDS) and how to get out of its clutches.

Anyways, thanks man, wanted to make sure people didn't jump to conclusions, but my last message was intended to say I'm done playing NLHE even at 50nl for a while.

Yeah, the problem with the 'wells' were that too many ppl did them all at once. They are really cool imo, but unfortunately I think it was bad timing.

Love the EFDS.... unfortunately the thread you suggest would not make pleasant reading for the rest of CC, even though we may get a kick out of it. I'm sure Switch would make a guest appearance in that thread though :D.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
full tilt needs to open their academy store already so i can see how worthless these credits are. it's obviously going to be the most appealing part of the whole idea to most players, so why the f are they delaying it? to gauge how many credits people earn in the meanwhile? pokerstars would never do that. ftp is so lame sometimes

I'm just assuming each one is worth $0.000000000000000000000001 so when I find out they're really worth $0.000000000001 I can be pleasantly surprised :).

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm sure Switch would make a guest appearance in that thread though :D.

psh i run like god ill have you know (shame i still won't even cash)

Attachments

• Rebuyament.jpg
    Rebuyament.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 5
S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok so i dont run godly
--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

Poker Stars, $3.30 Buy-in (25/50 blinds) NL Hold'em Tourney, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

Hero (UTG+1): 22,905 (458.1 bb)
MP1: 4,340 (86.8 bb)
MP2: 10,235 (204.7 bb)
MP3: 1,325 (26.5 bb)
CO: 5,310 (106.2 bb)
BTN: 3,000 (60 bb)
SB: 6,760 (135.2 bb)
BB: 1,675 (33.5 bb)
UTG: 7,055 (141.1 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG+1 with Q
club.gif
Q
spade.gif

UTG folds, Hero raises to 200, 3 folds, CO calls 200, BTN raises to 3,000 and is all-in, SB raises to 6,760 and is all-in, BB calls 1,625 and is all-in, Hero calls 6,560, CO folds

Flop: (18,395) J
heart.gif
K
diamond.gif
A
spade.gif
(4 players, 3 are all-in)
Turn: (18,395) K
heart.gif
River: (18,395) 4
heart.gif

Results: 18,395 pot
SB showed K
club.gif
A
heart.gif
(a full house, Kings full of Aces) and won 18,395 (11,635 net)
Hero showed Q
club.gif
Q
spade.gif
(two pairs, Kings and Queens) and lost (-6,760 net)
BTN showed 9
club.gif
A
club.gif
(two pairs, Aces and Kings) and lost (-3,000 net)
BB showed T
heart.gif
heart.gif
(a flush, King high) and lost (-1,675 net)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 fig score ONE TIME PLEASE STARS

(still not even in the cash, but getting that out there early for when the final table starts)

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
surely i can run deep in 1 of these, currently

'Your current position is 572 out of 905' at 3rd break in $3r even though aces < j,8 :(

and

'Your current position is 387 out of 655' at 2nd break in $10 10k guarantee

please god don't let me f both up