Man crashes ladies only tournament

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's only annoying that he won it. :D I'm not interested in discriminating against anyone. Be kinda nice to be able to exclude jerks.

I'd be peeved if I were told poker is for men... oh, wait, I am told that... I don't care.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So you have a poker pro play in a beginner's women's only tourney. Sounds like the guy has some real issues. More towards his confidence that he can beat the boys than playing with the girls. I'm surprised no one has commented on this. It would be like a NFL starter playing in a high school football game if he could.

This guy has some real issues. But they mostly have to do with his playing ability.

G

Grinder101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's stupid to drag attention to yourself like that, but that being said I can't condemn any of his actions.

He sat in a tournament which illegally forbid men to attend it.

He refused a chop, which every poker player would when he thinks he's got the best of it. The cancer issue is not something that should be relevant at the poker table. The world of poker is a matter of survival of the fittest and has no place for pity, those who feel bad for their opponents get crushed.

But considering the story what most people agree on in this thread is probably true, yes the guy is probably an attention craving jerk.

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
He is definitely a jerk but imo whiny women started this crap with the we want to play in men only event things, equal rights blah blah blah.(ffs go burn a bra somewhere)
I think both sexes should be able to have their own events without interference of the other.

ukaliks

ukaliks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
He is definitely a jerk but imo whiny women started this crap with the we want to play in men only event things, equal rights blah blah blah.(ffs go burn a bra somewhere)
I think both sexes should be able to have their own events without interference of the other.

^^
yeah :)

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are a great many replies in here with some great logical points. I particularly like the arguments that Dorkus & ND have made. I'm almost proud of Kid for his compassion in this issue, as emotional a response as it was, and I love Emperor's quick and to the point message.

This is about what is right and what is wrong. Just because someone has the legal right to do something doesn't mean they have the ethical or moral right to do it.

This kind of stuff all came about because some girl in Texas wanted to play football, because there was no girls football team. NOW don't get me wrong if a girl wants to play in a mans sprot with men then all the more power to ya, but don't raise a stink when the men want to play in the womens sport.

Even if this were true, that this is the reason this is happening, what's your point? Do you blame Rosa Parks for Obama being elected President? Is progress for equal rights such a bad thing? How is poker a women's sport? Men dominate the field. There might be a few extremist who throw up a red flag if there were designated "Men's only tournaments" but most women would respect that. So to make a broad generalization about something just a few have done is not even close to comparing apples to apples.

Just because there are a few men out there that can't stand the fact that women are playing poker, and those men make it very well known to women in a very rude fashion, wouldn't give anyone the right to jump and holler that all men are rude jerks to women at the poker tables. You don't take a small sample and use it as an overall generalization to represent the greater numbers.

It's about respect and what's morally right.

Do you who think it is okay to write letters to PS demanding to be allowed to attend events that are scheduled for certain countries that you don't live in? Have you complained to the wsop about the seniors only events if your age doesn't qualify? Do you defend a females wish to enter the Boy Scouts? No, you don't, as you shouldn't. But this also makes all of you out there that think men should enter women's only tournaments hypocrites. (fwiw - I think the few females that have tried to enter the Boy Scouts are being self-righteous, selfish jerks)

Mostly, those who would defend the men's right to enter these tournaments, that feel the women who aren't happy with it are just complainers, or scream that it's sex discrimination, basically those men only defend things that serve their own self interests. Those men are so accustomed to being the dominate one, in what has mostly been a male dominated world, that they become self-righteous if others dare to do something where they aren't included. It's people like this who can't comprehend someone else's feelings, problems or challenges unless they've experienced them first hand.

For the most part, men haven't been discriminated against or had to fight the battle as a man, to have the right to participate in something that is open to all. Women had to fight for the right to own their own property and control their own money, for the right to vote, for the right to work outside the home, for the right to equal pay for equal work, the right to participate in sports, the right to pick their own husbands in lieu of arranged marriages, etc; They have had to fight for their rights on so many things that certain men just can't even comprehend.

A few nights ago I had an argument with a friend of mine who had a belief I didn't realize he had. He and some others were reminiscing of days gone by and about a few times they had been drunk driving. I was appalled by them laughing about this and said endangering lives wasn't funny. Ron's reasoning was that if other people and cops could do it and get away with it then he should be able to. To me it was about endangering lives, his reasoning was illogical to me. That's how I feel about this argument on men entering the women's tournament, it's not about if they can, they shouldn't.

Men and women should have the right to have their own competitions without interference from the other. I don't agree at all with some of the women that have interfered with men's rights to have their own tournament and would definitely defend mens rights to do so. Those who are arguing that a few women brought this on themselves, that is justification, not logical. Why punish all because of a few? As Dorkus said, 2 wrongs don't make a right.

*I do find the story of Gordon and others who entered wearing dresses to be funny, humbling and in a way, respectful. It's hard to feel intimidated by a man in a dress!

Even if she was using the Breast cancer thing as a way to intimidate you.
So If we are HU and I say to you to chop because I need a Penis enlargement would you. Emotional Intimidation is a powerful tool.
Again I say If it is that she has cancer I honestly feel sorry for her.

Emotional intimidation is a powerful tool. I understand your point here, but can not believe you used a penis enlargement as an example. That is so not even close to a good comparison. You are speaking about the difference of having a bigger dick and a persons life being at risk. I understand you are skeptical about her even having breast cancer, yes there are both men and women that have lied about having horrible diseases and such, those are just a few, most don't lie about things like that. Imo - I think saying you were at the table and stated your dad or son or whatever needed a potentially life saving surgery would have been a much better comparison.

Last edited:
Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ha ha ha, I love this story :)

PNJs_dad

PNJs_dad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought a man in a woman's only tourney was pretty crappy. Shows how little respect that he has for the game.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
So you have a poker pro play in a beginner's women's only tourney. Sounds like the guy has some real issues. More towards his confidence that he can beat the boys than playing with the girls. I'm surprised no one has commented on this. It would be like a NFL starter playing in a high school football game if he could.

This guy has some real issues. But they mostly have to do with his playing ability.

^ This

^ This

The cancer issue is not something that should be relevant at the poker table.

^ And this.

They brought up the cancer issue in the article to make him look more like a douche than he already was.

-------------------------

My main question is..... why?

You think it's stupid that women have their "Ladies Only Tournament"... fine. Just don't play in it.. go giggle in the corner with your buddies about it and make fun of it or whatever.. don't think you're making a point just to play in it. You're just being a douche.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Abraham Korotki, the new name of what you can name your new baby girl in the big book of baby names.

Any man who enters a ladies only tourney must be confused about his sexuality

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They brought up the cancer issue in the article to make him look more like a douche than he already was.
^^^ Agree
-------------------------

My main question is..... why?

You think it's stupid that women have their "Ladies Only Tournament"... fine. Just don't play in it.. go giggle in the corner with your buddies about it and make fun of it or whatever.. don't think you're making a point just to play in it. You're just being a douche.
^^^Exactly.

Abraham Korotki, the new name of what you can name your new baby girl in the big book of baby names.

Any man who enters a ladies only tourney must be confused about his sexuality

^^^LMAO!!!

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

^^ This

I think it's stupid to drag attention to yourself like that, but that being said I can't condemn any of his actions.

He sat in a tournament which illegally forbid men to attend it.

He refused a chop, which every poker player would when he thinks he's got the best of it. The cancer issue is not something that should be relevant at the poker table. The world of poker is a matter of survival of the fittest and has no place for pity, those who feel bad for their opponents get crushed.

But considering the story what most people agree on in this thread is probably true, yes the guy is probably an attention craving jerk.

I would ask you, if you could hold your head high, just for winning a woman's only game.

^^^ This.

There are a great many replies in here with some great logical points. I particularly like the arguments that Dorkus & ND have made. I'm almost proud of Kid for his compassion in this issue, as emotional a response as it was, and I love Emperor's quick and to the point message.

I would only play in one, if all of the women said yes..
I see it, being so wrong for him to hold his head up so high, for what? beating women, coz he can't beat men.
It makes it fair to give, or chop the money, for playing in a womens only game.

N.D.

N.D.

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wouldn't an excellent counter for the breast cancer issue be prostate cancer? Also men do in fact get breast cancer, so :p. Yeah I'm being immature, but can't help it. I'm in touch with my inner 6th grader.

I don't think femi-nazis are the ones who want to keep men out of ladies tournaments either. Not that I like the term but yeah, a die hard millitant feminist would be less about maintaining the "purity" of ladies events and more about changing the term to "Womyns" events. On top of that they'd secretly hate them and really just want for everyone to play in the same tournaments based on skill level. Yeah, like that's ever gonna happen, everybody goes bust sometime. I'm not a die hard feminist per se(but all women are feminists by nature if not outspoken politics). I just hate that the term "ladies" is used so loosely. Yeah they should be called women's, or females' tournaments.

Oh and does anyone else think that to an extent the ladies event at the wsop looks like a ladies auxiliary tournament?