Luck, skill? What strategy do you use?

D

diodi775

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Is poker luck or skill? What strategy do you use to play the tournament stages??

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i gues poker is knowledge, skill and a bit of lucky

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i find no matter what you are playing , it is good to be a little aggressive and sometimes passive. rarely bluff and sometimes sit with a monster

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use skill as a strategy. If you're going to count on luck in the game of poker, most of the time you're going to lose for sure. Therefore, it is better to prepare yourself by studying and training before playing a real money poker game. Luck is part of not just the game of poker, but everything in life. Not being lucky in life is also defeat for sure. This is a paradox!

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I know that you need to have skill sometimes and a little luck is always needed in poker, because there is a lot of luck decides at the right time, and in general, the player who thinks more and plays better wins the rest I think it's not so important if you know how to play then you will earn

Igor G

Igor G

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Is poker luck or skill? What strategy do you use to play the tournament stages??
Luck and skill are necessary ingredients for good results. I generally just rely on my skills and hope that luck will be on my side as well.

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

The game of poker is a unique blend of both luck and skill. In the short term, luck can play a significant role in determining the outcome of individual hands or even entire tournaments. However, over the long term, skill becomes the dominant factor in determining a player's success.

The element of luck in poker arises from the random distribution of cards. Players have no control over which cards they receive, and sometimes the best hands can be defeated by weaker ones due to lucky draws. However, skilled players are able to maximize their chances of success by making strategic decisions based on probabilities, game theory, psychology, and their opponents' actions.

When it comes to tournament stages, the strategy you employ should depend on the specific stage you're in. Here are a few general guidelines:

1. Early Stage: In the early stages of a tournament, the blinds are low relative to the stack sizes, so there is more room to play a wider range of hands. Focus on playing solid, tight-aggressive poker, meaning you play fewer hands but play them aggressively when you do. Look for opportunities to accumulate chips without taking excessive risks.
  2. Middle Stage: As the tournament progresses and the blinds increase, the pressure to accumulate chips becomes more significant. Look for spots where you can take advantage of players with smaller stacks or those playing too conservatively. Maintain a mix of aggression and caution, adjusting your play based on the dynamics at the table.
  3. Bubble Stage: The bubble stage refers to the point in a tournament where only a few players remain before reaching the money. This stage is crucial as players become more cautious to secure a cash finish. Take advantage of players who are trying to "survive" and accumulate chips by putting pressure on their weaker holdings.
  4. Final Stage: Once you reach the final table or the latter stages of a tournament, the dynamic changes. Pay attention to stack sizes, player tendencies, and the payout structure. Your strategy will depend on factors such as your stack size relative to the blinds, your opponents' tendencies, and the payouts. Aggression and selective targeting of weaker opponents can be effective strategies.
Remember, every poker tournament is unique, and you should always be adaptable to the changing dynamics at your table. Continuously observe your opponents, adjust your strategy accordingly, and make informed decisions based on the information available to you.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
I try to depends on skill as much as possible, always have. I'm just not a gambler at heart, but I'll take some occasional luck now and then. It's a much needed spice to taste the sweet juices of victory. ;)

B

biel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Everytimes you will need some lucky to win, but I dont believe you will be a winner with this only. Strategies in the game, in early, mid and to finish tournments and, I think it is the first principle, how you can create and play in advantage, and its important how you can play without the advantage.
So you will use skills, Lucky and strategy combined in game.

pankoffff

pankoffff

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is the harmony of your skill and luck; here, one complements the other.

T

TheDealer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
both of them! both are needed but above all mathematics!

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Don't think luck can be a strategy. Sure, it is always needed, but you can't rely on luck because it comes and goes unaffected by any factors - just randomness. On the other hand, what you can always count on is skill, refined strategy, calculated decisions, etc. Those things will be the fundament, the spine of your performance at the table +/- a little bit of luck.
Otherwise, counting solely on luck is called pure gambling.

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
The game of poker is a unique blend of both luck and skill. In the short term, luck can play a significant role in determining the outcome of individual hands or even entire tournaments. However, over the long term, skill becomes the dominant factor in determining a player's success.

The element of luck in poker arises from the random distribution of cards. Players have no control over which cards they receive, and sometimes the best hands can be defeated by weaker ones due to lucky draws. However, skilled players are able to maximize their chances of success by making strategic decisions based on probabilities, game theory, psychology, and their opponents' actions.

When it comes to tournament stages, the strategy you employ should depend on the specific stage you're in. Here are a few general guidelines:

1. Early Stage: In the early stages of a tournament, the blinds are low relative to the stack sizes, so there is more room to play a wider range of hands. Focus on playing solid, tight-aggressive poker, meaning you play fewer hands but play them aggressively when you do. Look for opportunities to accumulate chips without taking excessive risks.
  2. Middle Stage: As the tournament progresses and the blinds increase, the pressure to accumulate chips becomes more significant. Look for spots where you can take advantage of players with smaller stacks or those playing too conservatively. Maintain a mix of aggression and caution, adjusting your play based on the dynamics at the table.
  3. Bubble Stage: The bubble stage refers to the point in a tournament where only a few players remain before reaching the money. This stage is crucial as players become more cautious to secure a cash finish. Take advantage of players who are trying to "survive" and accumulate chips by putting pressure on their weaker holdings.
  4. Final Stage: Once you reach the final table or the latter stages of a tournament, the dynamic changes. Pay attention to stack sizes, player tendencies, and the payout structure. Your strategy will depend on factors such as your stack size relative to the blinds, your opponents' tendencies, and the payouts. Aggression and selective targeting of weaker opponents can be effective strategies.
Remember, every poker tournament is unique, and you should always be adaptable to the changing dynamics at your table. Continuously observe your opponents, adjust your strategy accordingly, and make informed decisions based on the information available to you.
This is a good advice, of course the luck is part of poker but The skills to play poker should be trained and practice a lot, this article should help you.

23maxim88

23maxim88

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Poker is 50% luck and 50% skill. At the beginning of a tournament, you can play more hands aggressively. In the middle stages, it's more about playing based on the strength of your cards. However, when you have 10 big blinds or less, it's generally advisable to adopt a push-fold strategy with suitable hands.

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes "luck" plays with you, sometimes it doesn't, but that's something that is not up to you, so you have to focus, practice and get experience with the skills or facts that are up on you?

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hello, a combination of each one 80% skill and study discipline 20% luck

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
always skills :)) ...the intervine in the last 3-4 players :)

Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
You always need luck with poker , Strategy= not enough

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
For me, I think luck is important in poker.
But you should not rely entirely on luck.
Knowledge of new strategies and methods is more important.

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I always find I need to shake up my approach on each table. Some tables allow me to be aggressive and win a lot. Other times I just sit back and wait for a big hand.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good cards are the door keys to get winning.
But sometimes that's not enough and you need to come in through the window

- D. Brunson

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
''luck strategy'' never gonna exist. You can win sometimes with ''bingo style'' but never gonna be a lucrative thing