Luck

S

Szachajevy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will give 20% for luck an 80% for skill. I have some friends why makes money from poker and they are reading lot of books, spend almost all their time playing and every month they have income from game

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My opinion is that it’s better not to rely on luck. Good luck is always capricious. It does not come when you really need it. You need to rely only on your skill and knowledge when this luck will visit you most.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Luck in poker is a combination of many factors. You just can’t count on luck. Only those players who are persistent and purposeful are lucky in the game.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you very much for your comments my friends.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the short term luck can have up to 80%, but in the long its value can be negligible up to 15%!

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I have not had much luck in poker, maybe 5%. I have no expectations to be lucky because in my opinion poker is not a game of luck but it is a game of ability and concentration, knowledge and skill. If I had more "luck" I might have seen more money in my account

gravac

gravac

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck is not on my side for sure. In 7/10 cases when I'm in a almost ideal position before the river hits, I lose the hands because of a bad luck. With 80-95/97 percent in my pocket, against 20-5/2.5 % at the other player I often lose the hand. Not every time but in the most cases. I can hit A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K and only 7 gives me a losing hand and guest what card comes to my screen....Happening this so many times at the earlier stages of my play I was shocked losing with that kind of strong hands and getting so nervous that in one moment on very high tourney I punched and crushed my desk. From that day after couple of hours of madness I have understand that the river is not my friend in poker and I must use aggressive tactic to get things right. I have made statistic with my hands and saw that in many hands I got busted with the "river" so now I play very aggressive and find that very useful for my and my money. I don't say that luck is everything but I cant change that card in microsoft word when she hit it. Using tactic prevent before heal and that is working for me. You should make analysis in your play and see does luck is helping you or it is like in my case. Everything will become better with the years of play, more hands, more knowledge, more experience so you will be in position to use your brain and luck will only become with minimal impact on your game. Wish you luck :)

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the old line - Luck = Preparation + Opportunity.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look at me luck helps but it's better to know if the other one is afraid to call high stakes with good game calls or showdown cards than to evaluate if you're lucky for me luck is important but not a factor to explore .:)

A

Arthur ZM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The faster the tournament, the more luck will be needed.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my country there is a saying: "the more I study and work, the more luck I have". Thank you very much for your comments.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is somehow periods, it’s lucky, it’s not lucky.:icon_king

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The numbers don't lie. I'd say the error lies in the human perception element

But numbers are simply an invention of the human consciousness. :p

Doesn't everything just boil down to us "trusting" our senses?

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely depend on luck. And it does not seem to favor me lately, not at all.
I hope I won't get unlucky - that's enough for me.

jesuisjesus

jesuisjesus

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on what period of time to consider. You always have 3 options in stock. So I would say 80% skill , 20 % Luck.

C

CaioCesarGoes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this dont change the game, of course sometimes you need luck, but you have to learn and make your best every time. most hability than luck!:five:

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, poker is a break even game. When additional skill is implemented I’d have to say the percentage of luck is less then 50%

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I do not believe in good luck in poker I believe so that the player who has more skill wins

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The only place where luck doesn't play a role is after millions upon millions of hands in cash games. Then it is supposed to become clear what a player is all about. However, even then there will be people who will run way above the average run of variance and those who run way below average and who are chronically unlucky. And that's just in live poker. online poker is an entirely different beast.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only place where luck doesn't play a role is after millions upon millions of hands in cash games. Then it is supposed to become clear what a player is all about. However, even then there will be people who will run way above the average run of variance and those who run way below average and who are chronically unlucky. And that's just in live poker. Online poker is an entirely different beast.

Hi. What would be in your way of seeing the difference between playing live and online? It's a rookie question, I never played live and not too long ago that I play online. From already thank you very much, greetings.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hi. What would be in your way of seeing the difference between playing live and online? It's a rookie question, I never played live and not too long ago that I play online. From already thank you very much, greetings.
There is a lot more information available live. You can send and receive information, intentionally and unintentionally, with your body language, your voice, and movements for example. Online all of that information is not visible and it is more of a matter of increasing the number of hands played to get an understanding of how your opponents play. I think there is more skill required in live poker than online poker, but also more luck required live just because the number of hands are lower. You already know I don't believe there is such a thing as luck in online poker. In that way online poker also requires skill, but it is different than live.

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skillz in playing when knowing you are lucky and skillz in staying out your opponents way when they are getting lucky!