Longest Time Away From Poker?

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest lack in poker,more than three days.There is a joke: don't drink half a year but it's not in a row.

E

EvE2K

Yes, i really think this is correct question. For sure, if you want to win in poker you need to make some breaks. I mean, that you need to take some big breaks in your game sometimes. Of course, it,s really hard to do, because people like the game and can,t stop, especially if some good promo is going and you think that this is not right time to make a break. But i,m sure, that you need to have a break in your game. For example, if you understand that your moves in poker is right, but you still can,t win enough money, that means that this is a bad luck, and you need a rest. You need to have a break to clear your mind from different things. After that you can play normally, and i,m sure, that if you good enough - you can have a nice winning streak.

W

World master

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I loose I stop playing for a month

Dmytro Lysyuk

Dmytro Lysyuk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment, I only play online poker. I had a period when I did not play poker for half a year, and maybe more.

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About 1 month, deep depression because of poker :)

PapaC

PapaC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time it would be just long enough to deposit more money after losing what I had. I'm old but I do learn things pretty quick. Sometimes when I'm on a down hill run, I will just quit for a day or two and try it again after that. Besides a good break is good for me and it would be for anyone. For the past month and a half I been doing like I always do by listing the MTTs I want to play during that day, but most of those days I will get knocked out of my first one and I just unregister from all the others and do something else. So I could say that it's been 1 1/2 months since I really played much poker. I think there has been several times I haven't even turned my computer on for a day or two. I know how hard that is for many players, but it's worth it if you do.

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not play poker for about 2 months, I had to go to another region and did not catch the Internet, and then I started playing without poker, but sometimes I need to rest, sometimes when I lose nerves,

enolan

enolan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I stop playing for 2 weeks every year. But i guess it doesn't count because it's when I'm on holiday with the family and simply can't (I gave up trying to play online abroad .. too frustrating).
The worst thing about this sabbatical is that I always miss a couple of the CC Decathlon game!
Apart from that I doubt there is a gap of 24hrs that I don't play at least 30mins of Cash\Zoom .... even on Christmas day I make a point of escaping the madness for 30 mins for a few hands ... it chills me out.

vvalente

vvalente

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not played for more than two years because I lost interest. I often go a few months without playing.

Poker has to be enjoyable, when it is not over, the main interest if you run out of patience that is key in the game.

R

Rational Madman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The many years of my life that I spent as a broke useless loser. Pokers saved me and I never would leave it again.

P

Pinokio_385

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had a break of 36 years ..... and then I started ......:'(

T

Tidal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started playing poker with friends when I was 6th grade and then I stopped playing for 4 years. And I started playing poker again last year but now I'm more serious about it.

OI7TuMuCT

OI7TuMuCT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The longest time I did not play poker was when I did not know how to play =)
Now, I play every day - after all, practice is always needed.
There are days when I do not play, but this is if something is very important. This happens rarely, but it happens)

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The longest break in poker I had about 10 days !!

macthemax

macthemax

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BE
Chips
It depends, sometimes I don't like to play for more then 2 or 3 months.
When I don't have the hunger to play I really can not concentrate myself, so I quit until the hunger to play comes back.

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was 6 month without poker play.
No Internet no connection only I with the word .

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My longest time without playing was one year

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
couple years when i was younger. now i play every day

Odysseus101

Odysseus101

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've gone years without playing. I'm not all that good, and like to play on a friends' table more for the social elements of the game. A year or so I got back into playing online, more to just try to stay in practise or get better for those live games.

P

pokgirl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A maximum of a couple of weeks. Really pulls into the game))

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have not played for two weeks to cool my head and when I came back I was playing better than before.

B

Brazenly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
14 years. From the day i was born to 19 june 2007 :D

ovitoo

ovitoo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just recently finished up about a 1yr break. I just got to a point where my winnings were not improving and it felt like work on top of my regular job. I think it's good to step away if you're not enjoying yourself. Also, it feels great to come back after a long break. Feels like I'm back to what I love again :)

M

m_christova

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A couple of months, I would say.

But I stop always not because of losing. I stop because I am investing too much time.