Life Without Poker

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not that I'm addicted or anything, if I couldn't play poker, hide the razor blades.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am sure that I would miss it for a while but would find other things to occupy my time.

C

crimsonshroud88

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately, I haven't been playing for 2 months due to a family vacation and having to deal with real life.
It feels weird, I definitely miss the game but I don't want to be sitting there for 5-8 hours straight.
Since my $/hour in poker was way too low due to my BRM constraints, I find it even harder to go back hehe.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I can have a long break, but as long as I live, I will keep playing, simply beause is the best game on earth.

Tbone461

Tbone461

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had to stop playing poker for an extended period of time I would really miss the competition poker provides.

Igorek1313

Igorek1313

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is an amazing game in which all aspects of our understanding of life are collected. it is important all the mood, luck, premonition, psychology and many other factors. therefore, it attracts different people of any gender, age. without poker personally, my life would be without interest ... I love this sport of thought .......:icon_prof

demibar

demibar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have been out of poker for a short time.It was like something was missing ...I can live without it but it's exciting game .

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't play nearly as much as I used to. I would miss it, my wife would not.

kostas1234

kostas1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There will be no fun at i think :)

vnnby

vnnby

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker is not the main goal in life, poker is a means to an end. Cheers, joke) No problem to stop playing poker.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Few years ago, it would been a bigger deal to give it up. Any more though, take it or leave it. Do like the freedom of jumping online for a quick SnG and moving on to more important aspects of life. Rather plan my time for a marathon session at a live table than be online grinding every day. Funny how life changes and once priorities become irrelevant.

CptRunBad

CptRunBad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In what scenario would you be forced to stop playing poker? If it’s for financial reasons it’s probably for the best that you stop playing.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could live with it. Poker is only 1 of many games/sports/activities that I enjoy. Like most things, I think you need to balance poker with other activities in your life. I currently don't get to play very often, so I see no need to take any time off. If poker is controlling your life, then you may want to think about taking a break or focusing on other priorities.

Halen

Halen

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I took many years off from playing due to work. Life went on but I did miss the game. I will say that it's good to be playing again.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is an exciting game for the whole world, so I think I will always find time for it

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not much has changed, sometimes I take a break and then come back. Sometimes this is the best thing to do when you lose money, time and blame bad luck!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's never too late to stop and listen to yourself... Only you can feel that you need to pause or continue, if now something going not very good, especially in a poker, as it is a very
dispersion game! But definitely will not worse. And also, again you can continue anytime,
when you will in the best conditions. Good Luck!..:cool:

B

bitterkalt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a life without poker is possible but meaningless