Liar = Good Poker Player ???

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a good liar will not always give you victory in poker games but it will be a good tool for players who can play a good liar role at poker tables

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For live poker by far but fraught with consequences. Online can't give a definite answer rather no than Yes.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
Should you be a good liar to be a good poker player?

one thing definitely is certain with poker: never believe any player what he is telling you during a game:D

M

milagua

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do I improve my bluff skills? I have noticed as my fault that I do not squeeze enough of my opponents.Any advice, plz... :)

No1eJoker

No1eJoker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For live Poker maybe mean, because it's harder to see on his face when his bluff, but for online poker not so much !

vvalente

vvalente

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This only works in live poker. Online you do not see the face, emotion and feelings of your opponent. At most you notice a standard behavior along the standard movements that it performs.

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Has to be sporatic, not, all the time. Just to keep everyone else off guard.

XXPXXP

XXPXXP

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
bluff is important part of poker.

1k95

1k95

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the most amazing emotions that you can experience in poker is to get your opponent to throw out a hand that he should win at the showdown.

OlauOlsson

OlauOlsson

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in poker, no matter what kind, bluff is really needed;)
Poker is a game of many instincts, one of which is a scam, which in many cases helps.

So I answer the question: YES;))

Y

Yoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is a good point assuming a King when he's on flop and is not in your hand is lie so yea you need to be a good liar.In live i see it verry important.You have to belive first than the oponent.I just fun and adrenaline rush.But dont make a obsession on long time you'l be spoted and when does happen your in trouble:) make a balance.Nice thread hehe.

M

mex4el

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think in poker, you can not do without it, you need to play and so on and then luck will be on your side ...

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips

Liars, whether good, bad, compulsive, sociopathic, white or any other type are unlikely to be good poker players. A number of different skills are required to be a good poker player, of which bluffing is only one. Good players generally know when to bluff.

Lies and bluffing skills are, completely different things !!!!

I agree, so my answer to the question must be no.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Liars, whether good, bad, compulsive, sociopathic, white or any other type are unlikely to be good poker players. A number of different skills are required to be a good poker player, of which bluffing is only one. Good players generally know when to bluff.

I agree, so my answer to the question must be no.

Are you saying that all professional poker players are people who are liars in their lives ???

I

Ioscu Ion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lying is the art of the bluff,I agree.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Are you saying that all professional poker players are people who are liars in their lives ???

No, just the opposite. The question is “Should you be a good liar to be a good poker player”. I said no and totally agree with you, that lies and bluffing skills are completely different.

It was close to midnight here (and well past my bedtime), when I posted. Rereading what I wrote, I can see the confusion. So I re post.

I agree that lying and bluffing skills are not the same thing, so to be a good poker player, you do not have to be a good liar. A number of different skills are required to be a good poker player, of which bluffing (not lying) is one.

ezgift

ezgift

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not always a lie in poker brings pluses! You must be able to use it

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes , I agree with what has been said , if it's live it's an advantage being a good liar , maybe it will help you manipulate some very weak/easy scared players or even bigger fish , ofcourse if you already know how to play poker , or else being a liar it won't help you become better .

But online , I don't think it could help , except for the deal making process (how to confuse maybe , irritate the opponents , make them believe your bluffs or bluff threats ) .

Marlongamer7

Marlongamer7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For many yes, because the lie is part of the art that is the poker
and also because no one believes when a liar tells the truth, if you are the liar the situation is favorable to you

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In certain situations, of course you can use a bluff, it's better to have a semi-bluff, but do not abuse this technique. If you play long at the same table, opponents can notice it, so you need to be able to use bluff correctly.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is a dividing line between being a bluffer and being a liar. The first is an unspoken action, the second is a verbal announcement and has no place in poker.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

You mean in everyday life or at the poker table? There is no lying in poker, concealing the strength of your hand is the whole purpose of the game, otherwise we would play with the cards facing up. Pathological liars probably don't even make good poker players.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should be able to lie to help your game but just because you lie does not mean you will be a good poker player.:D:D