Let's build some bankroll - who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Couldn't edit my post.

Current Blinds: .01/.02 (25 Buy-in's @ $2)
Starting BR: $50 (100%)
End of day 1: $45 (90%)[-$5/-10%] - 3 Hours
End of Day 2: $47.50 (95%)[+$2.50/+5%] - 6 Hours

Started Multi-tabling today, and playing tight (not weak) poker. No way in hell I can do any more than 3 tables. I can do 3 tables with EASE, but once I add that 4th its as if I added 3 more and it messes my game up...bad. My table selection seems to be okay for now, and it appears I've fixed some holes in my game, but I won't know that until I get to the long term.

I also would've mad about $10 today (or more) with all that seat time if I hadn't made some stupid moves. I decided to enter a coin flip with AA, and bet a Buy in on it. Of course I lost to a 10,10. I SWEAR I'll never do that again (lesson learned for the second and FINAL time).

The other losses of the day were straight up fishy. I was trying to win pots with high cards or top pair (this is also how I lost the 1st 10% of my BR) when i knew I should've folded. Once I cut that crap out, I did nothing but win $.50, $1, $1.50, and $2 pots. All it takes is a little patience, and I already knew that but I don't know what got into me. Maybe its because I'm new to playing with my own cash and let my curiosity get the best of me (like I said I wouldn't). Hmmm...O WELL, all I know is thats over now after todays monster comeback (I was down a total of $8 [BR went under $40 AGAIN]or so if you add them all up) and results.

Last edited:
L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good News.

Start Day 3: $50.50 (101%)[+$3.00/+6%] - 1 Hour

Oh yeah baby...got my BR back and it only took an hour thanks to multi tabling (highly recommended w/ control). Only major loss I had was .$37 (I flopped top 2 pair, he drew a straight). Cant wait to finish off this day.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I spoke too soon, and will have to, of course, bash the weekend once again before it's over, next time around. For the end of May, I was averaging a fairly greater winning % than the past three days have brought. Having to basically sitting around and wait for decent cards to come, somehow this happens a lot more on the weekend than any other time, I managed to snag a couple trips and grind away to end my weekend with a decent gain. The icing on the cake was when I tripped on the flop against an opponent who raised my blind every damn time. Payback's a biatch. K's are no good son.

Day 01a: 218%
Day 02a: 210%
Day 03a: 228%

L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New discovery

End Day 3: $55.00 (110%)[+$7.50/+15%] - 6 Hours

:eek: Why didn't anyone ever say to try SnG's to build your BR? Maybe its all the freeroll practice, but at this level, SnG's are cake. When you make it to the final 3/4 no one changes up their strategy at all. They are still waiting for prem hands. On top of that, most finalists are weak. All it takes is one re-raise, and they fold. Also, the only bluffing they attempt is to steal blinds with All-ins. Maybe its beginners luck, but I placed 4th in my first SnG (should've been at least 2nd, but I went all in, and then pressed check [would've knocked him out with an Ace High Flush]! The guy later ended up getting lucky on the turn to knock me out), and 1st in the next.

I may be speaking too soon, but I think I have SnG's down. Time to read up to get my BR up, Up and Upperer!

R

rvp11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won about 1.2k on party poker last night. (started with 50USD) I was on a massive heater, the biggest card rush I've ever gotten. In the space of 3 hours I got pocket aces 4 times, Kings once, Queens twice, Jacks twice, Tens twice, nines 4 times and other pairs about 20 times. Caught big slick get this, seven times! And had a success rate of 100%. I hit the nuts on the flop more time than I can remember, I hit runners to get sets, straights, flushes and even full houses. The best thing was people couldn't believe that I kept making hands so they'd constantly push me all in. What can be better than being pushed all in with two big A's hovering over your screen? Just Beautiful.

Only low light was when my jacks got beaten by runner 7's that gave my opponent a set in a 750USD pot.

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just a Quick update

Will not be doing a spreadsheet and putting numbers here. Posting to say I am building towards $1000, still quite a way off - and am slowly pushing up there. Have done a lot of poker reading recently and have realised that my play is / was weak aggressive, when I thought i was being strong aggressive. I am working now to plug the holes in my game and develop a stronger style.

Stuventus

L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
End of Day 4:$51 (102%)[-$4.00/-8%] - 4 Hours
Start Day 5: $47 (94%)[-$5.00/-10%] - 1 Hour

Retarded SnG day today, and it looks like I spoke too soon about SnG's.

Wanrning: RANT BELOW

Doesn't matter what hand I get, I lose. I flopped a nut straight, all in I go, someone draws a river flush (only flopped 1 suit). I slow play a set of deuces, someones slow playing a set of Aces. I flop top two pair, a donk draws a set on the river. I go in with AK, some donk who goes in with anything actually has KK for a change and flops a K. I have pocket aces, a donk goes all in with 9-5 suited...flops a nut straight.
Another time, I flopped a nut straight, someone kept raising me, and finally went all in, and the SAME THING happened...someone drew a turn, river flush. All this actually happened today, and in one hour. Believe it or not, I'm leaving some stuff out. Like how my full house, was beaten by a straight flush.

The second flopped nut straight loss I really really couldn't believe because someone in chat who I eliminated kept talking crap about how all I did was fold, and only played when I had GREAT hands (had a good laugh) which is an image I definitely established.
He then later said I'm all luck when I flopped a set of 5's that turned into quads on the river (would've won regardless), but that only further helped my image. Mind you, that guy lost his stack when he had pocket 4's, didn't flop a set, and all cards on the board were 7 and higher, but he kept raising when there were 2 other people raising with him. Anyway, I just have no idea what in the universe was going through the mind of the player who went all in with me with nada after I established an image and kept re-raising his bets. I didn't think being a fish meant you necessarily had to be dumb, but slightly poker handicapped I guess. The guy was holding 10,5 suited...even if I was bluffing, he didn't have a high card, pair or flush draw on the board. He couldn't do a single thing about my (very improbable, but I guess possible) bluff at all. I'm still thinkin' about this...

Sorry for the rant, the game really upsets me at times. Don't really feel like playing anymore, but I don't know how to quit! So, I'll be playing to break even later. As for day 4's loss, I played like crap and deserved it.

Last edited:
wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Monday night = Donkeyfest in the Micros?

Starting the night two-tabling, one which I bought in for a small amount, drew dead and dumped the remaining "spare change", the other where I probably gained a half-dollar or so. I usually try to play at least two tables at once, to get a better chance at doubling up so that I can quit for the night. Although I'm sure it's achievable, and probably a very decent idea to get to eventually, three decent tables is usually hard to find at once. Maybe it's just out of my comfort range right now. Anyway, maybe I'm just tired or frustrated, but I'm definitely lacking some patience. An hour into playing I close out the remaining table, which players had left, leaving it three seated. I don't need to be pushed around only to hit a good hand and not get paid off.

That's ok. Therefore, I'm off to find one or two more tables before I quit for the night, and take a seat at one with a high avg. pot and moderate players to the flop. A hand before I'm dealt in, a player raises moderately pre-flop and is called by two players. The flop hits, one pushes and gets a call. I knew I was in for a treat when I saw both called the pre-raise with crap-of-hands. A player leaves, making the table 3-handed as I'm dealt in. pfff. My blind gets raised, big surprise. Waiting for the button to come makes me look like I'm saving money or something? I tend to think this is what some people conjure up in there heads about me because of it. It's the polite thing to do imo. Right~!? Ok. So the next hand comes and I'm ready to take the inititive. Take my chances and hopefully pull a back-door slider on these muppets. That's right~! First time ever. Muppet is such a lame insult, but I'll choose to use it here for obvious reasons. ;) One of the two opponents still at the table won the big hand prior by getting extremely lucky with crap. The flop hits and I push, Turn. . . Oh Crap. You've got to be kidding. "There's no way I'm going to win this hand" I think in a irritated sad stupor. I was just at a table where people kept calling my bets with bad kickers and catching their miracles. pfff. "What is this!~ The WEEEKEND!?" The River hits and and they both muck to my surprise. HOOOLY CRAP~! So, I end the night on the positive. :)

pokerstars Game #17235342931: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2008/05/06 - 01:43:22 (ET)
Table 'Vicia' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 1: IOU1GALAXY ($3.85 in chips)
Seat 2: ancientdeale ($20.48 in chips)
Seat 3: laube1963 ($11.98 in chips)
IOU1GALAXY: posts small blind $0.02
ancientdeale: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IOU1GALAXY [5h 2h]
laube1963: calls $0.05
IOU1GALAXY: calls $0.03
ancientdeale: raises $0.10 to $0.15
laube1963: calls $0.10
IOU1GALAXY: raises $0.15 to $0.30
ancientdeale: calls $0.15
laube1963: calls $0.15
*** FLOP *** [3h Ah Kh]
IOU1GALAXY: bets $3.55 and is all-in
ancientdeale: calls $3.55
laube1963: calls $3.55
*** TURN *** [3h Ah Kh] [8h]
ancientdeale: checks
laube1963: checks
*** RIVER *** [3h Ah Kh 8h] [Jc]
ancientdeale: checks
laube1963: checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***
IOU1GALAXY: shows [5h 2h] (a flush, Ace high)
ancientdeale: mucks hand
laube1963: mucks hand
IOU1GALAXY collected $11 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $11.55 | Rake $0.55
Board [3h Ah Kh 8h Jc]
Seat 1: IOU1GALAXY (small blind) showed [5h 2h] and won ($11) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 2: ancientdeale (big blind) mucked [8s Ad]
Seat 3: laube1963 (button) mucked [3s 2s]

Day 02a: 234%

Last edited:
wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must be one of the only original members still doing this thing.
There's nothing much to speak of. One table was hyper aggressive pre-flop. I called a few hands with decent hole cards but couldn't hit a flop to save my life. I left the table with a $1 loss. The other table I had open, I viewed for about 15 minutes prior to having a seat. One player had $4 the max. buy-in and it looked like the only other player at the table was chatting to himself about the big stack getting lucky, and was attempting some unsuccessful moves to gain back his losses. After ten or fifteen minutes I sat in the seat left of the big stack and the table filled shortly after. Each player bought-in for a small amount, so it was comfortable imo. Shortly after, one of the smaller stacks took a hit and raised pre-flop. With two other players in the hand and myself, the player raised, one called, and I decided to re-raise the small amount to put him all-in pre. Hitting a flush with four in on the flop, K high in hand, I felt I probably had the best hand. Betting a moderate amount on the flop, I knew I'd have at least one of the two remaining players with money calling me, and if I lost the hand to the all-in player, at least I'd have some money coming back to me from one of the others. A pair hit the turn, I'm re-raised the min. amount, but then get checked into on the river. There wasn't a re-raise on the river against my decent size bet, which confirmed my instinct that the opponent didn't have a pocket pair and pull out a boat. Little gain is good enough for the night. ciao.

Progress:

Day 04a: 234%
Day 05a: 240%

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad to see this thread still going. Nice hand everybody ;)
I think I might get back to posting in this thread shortly. My bankroll hasn't changed much since the last post because I haven't been playing. Two days ago however, I got back into the game, and I have some fairly ambitious goals.

So here's knocking on wood, I hope to see you soon.

L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Been lazy

End of Day 4:$51 (102%)[-$4.00/-8%] - 4 Hours
End of Day 5: $47 (94%)[-$5.00/-10%] - 1 Hour
End of day 6: $30 (60%)[-$17/-34%]
End of day 7: $39 (78%)[+$9/+18%]
Mid of day 8: $54 (108%)[+$15/+30%]

Well, I took a couple days off after my loss on day 6, and came back patient. I played very well, but at the same time tried some new things out such as betting with low pairs. It works out pretty well.

Also, by mistake, yesterday I played in a .10BB game. Well, I won $7 (yesterday) in 10 minutes, and then decided to stick around at .10BB and won another $10 (today) in about 30 minutes. You can actually get some coin flips going at this level which is great. I can never find a coin flip, or even calls to x4 BB bets, in .02BB games. I used to detest coin flips, but now i realize I wasn't doing them right, or was just having some bad "variance".

Since I started raising preflop, and going all in when appropriate, with PAIRS QQ-AA (ONLY) I have had some good success. The only other hands I'll raise, but not go all in, with are mid pairs, A-k, A-Q , KQ and if I'm feelin' lucky, QJ. I wont raise too much either, but I switch up the bets from time to time to keep everyone guessing.

I've decided to stick around at the higher (for me) limits. However I don't think I'll stay at .10 as its too risky for my BR. I know I can hold my own and probably build my BR quicker, but I'll just play it slow and move up to .05 cash games. I should be fine or even great.

SnG's are great, but I've spent 40 on them so far, and after looking at my records, I can tell I've been way too impatient in them becasue I've only won about $30. My main profits come from ring games and the graph goes straight up for the most part.

I will play 2 18 person SnG's daily, and play very patiently. If I play anymore than that I'll probably start making dumb decisions. The rest of the day, I'll be playing ring games. I'm up 15 today and I want to continue because today is a good day, but shoudl I? Usually its a good idea to quit while I'm ahead, but I would like to see if by playing the way I've been playing, I can sustain my gains. If I fall under $51, I'm FINISHED, and I'll know that from now on its a good idea to quit when I', ahead.

Bad Beat of the day: My hand K,K I'm all in (against some donk who beat me earlier with quads because I had an ace [board was J J J], and didnt believe she had quads or any other pair. I was wrong, she had the J). Flop comes 9 10 8. Turn: 9. River: 9. Board 9 10 8 9 9. I'm feelin pretty good, about to win $5, but what did this donk go all in with your wondering? 9 10 Suited. Beat with quads a second time, and in such a horrible way I couldn't help but laugh. I'm still laughin lol.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have tried to find some decent tables this weekend with the little time available, but couldn't seem take a seat. The holiday weekend seems to bring out too many unstable players crowding the tables making high average pots not worthy of even sitting in on. I should have taken a chance at one of them, but considering it's the weekend it's probably best to leave it be and get some sleep. ciao

L

Liveone1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its official

Blinds: 01/.02

End of day 1: $45 (90%)[-$5/-10%] |-250BB| - 3 Hours
End of Day 2: $47.50 (95%)[+$2.50/+5%] |+125BB| 6 Hours
End of Day 3: $55.00 (110%)[+$7.50/+15%] |+375BB| 6 Hours
End of Day 4: $51 (102%)[-$4.00/-8%] |-200BB| 4 Hours
End of Day 5: $46 (94%)[-$5.00/-10%] |-250BB| 1 Hour
End of day 6: $30 (60%)[-$17/-34%] |-850BB| - Time N/A

Test Blinds: .05/.10

End of day 7: $39 (78%)[+$9/+18%] |+90BB| - Time N/A
End of day 8: $54 (108%)[+$15/+30%] |+150BB| - Time N/A, but not long.

Current Blinds: .02/.05

Start of day 8: $60 (120%)[+$6/+12%] |+120BB| - 1 hour

I've decided to stick around at the .02/.05 tables. I've also realized that my table selection, while decent, could've been much better. Instead of looking for tables with 8 players and 30%-34% flops seen, I can easily find a 40%-45% table when there are only 6-7 players at the table. This pays off very well, especially if you catch a couple of hands early.

Broke $60... WoooH! Can't wait for $75 :D

R

rvp11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm glad to see this thread still going. Nice hand everybody ;)
I think I might get back to posting in this thread shortly. My bankroll hasn't changed much since the last post because I haven't been playing. Two days ago however, I got back into the game, and I have some fairly ambitious goals.

So here's knocking on wood, I hope to see you soon.

Chris, as a person who built an incredible amount of bankroll then went to his original stack of 2k, how did it feel at the time? Were you under pressure to sit at tables with all your BR on the table due to the frustration? How do you feel now that you've gotten some time to clear things up and reflect? Did you consider yourself to having a gambling problem? I apologise if these questions are a tad personal but I'm going through something similar right now and would appreciate reading what you have to say.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chris, as a person who built an incredible amount of bankroll then went to his original stack of 2k, how did it feel at the time?
Well, it sucked pretty hard obviously. I had a few days where I lost several thousand dollars. And as much as I had gotten used to these stakes, it was still pretty devastating.
I certainly moved down the limits too slowly. But you know, this takes a lot of discipline. One level down, you'll have to win twice as many buy-ins just to break even. Even so, you should ignore this and stick to proper BRM. Moving down in time will save you some headache.

See, I lost most of my peak bankroll at $3/$6. Not only is this a very tough level where you encounter almost exclusively regulars (moreso than at $5/$10), but I also ran pretty bad and as a result spewed a bunch of chips.
I eventually did move down the levels, but a lot of the damage had already been done. Too little too late.

Were you under pressure to sit at tables with all your BR on the table due to the frustration?
I never sat at a single table with all my BR. During the most extreme sessions, I was 7- or 8-tabling with my entire BR. Since my BR was split across these tables, I couldn't have lost the entire roll in a single hand.
I guess it was mostly frustration, yes. Having lost no less than 13K, I just wanted to play as high as possible to rebuild as quickly as possible. However, I got fed up with it after a while and eventually took a pretty long break from poker.

How do you feel now that you've gotten some time to clear things up and reflect?
I'm a little mad at myself for not moving down as aggressively as I moved up. However, I've accepted my mistake, will not make it again, and I'm confident that I can get back to where I was. If I did it once, I can do it again (minus the downfall).

Did you consider yourself to having a gambling problem?
Not at all. The downswing didn't affect my life outside of poker, and I didn't invest any of my own money. Poker hasn't cost me a dime because I only lost what I had previously won. So I don't think I ever qualified as someone with a gambling problem.
Either way, I'm still playing with my original bankroll and I don't intend to ever make a deposit. I've been playing $0.5/$1 for about a week now. My bankroll is $2,900, and I strictly follow rules this time. For now, I won't post any updates.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slight Set-back.

They have me working morning now which results in tired, slightly tilting play the last few nights. I caught a couple good hands and lost a few. The one that p's me off today was when I'm raised preflop by the known donk of the table. I push all-in pre with A's and the kid calls me with something like 108 off and hits trips on the river. Or yesterday when I have the flush on the turn and the boards pairs its ace on the river to kill my flush. Pffff. . .And I was somehow thinking I really hadn't taken a bad beat since I came back. Well, the idea it wouldn't happen at all :cool: or or even a lot went straight to hell pretty quickly imo. There's still tomorrow. cyas.

Day 06a: 216%
Day 07a: 220%

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm Back!? Well, after an interview I played a bit around 11am est and came out on the winning end of a hand where I shouldn't have called, but made the right move. Then again before Cinderella turned back into a skank, I managed to sit down at a table and grab pocket Q's on my first hand. Having only viewed a few hands prior at the table, I had jumped in primarily on seat position and stack sizes. Someone raises, gets reraised, so I push. Take a look at that flop. The next hand the guy calling with suited cards hits his straight, so I lose a few $ after having high pair, not hitting a draw, and basically sheer belief there's no way he has anything. This is the kind of typical play when opening up PS too early in the night imo. It's best to come in during the steadier play of the early morning est hours where you can easily understand every opponent and what they think they're going and trying to do, instead of gambling like the hand below. cya.

PokerStars Game #17436403922: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2008/05/14 - 22:08:14 (ET)
Table 'Fini' 6-max Seat #2 is the button
Seat 1: porky64 ($6 in chips)
Seat 2: TimmyGman ($2.45 in chips)
Seat 3: IOU1GALAXY ($3.95 in chips)
Seat 4: SeeUBluff ($11.37 in chips)
Seat 5: Kisbeni ($11.50 in chips)
Seat 6: wbwayne00 ($2.03 in chips)
SeeUBluff: posts big blind $0.05
porky64: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IOU1GALAXY [Qd Qh]
Kisbeni: calls $0.05
wbwayne00: calls $0.05
porky64: checks
TimmyGman: raises $0.20 to $0.25
IOU1GALAXY: calls $0.23
SeeUBluff: raises $0.35 to $0.60
Kisbeni: calls $0.55
wbwayne00: calls $0.55
porky64: folds
TimmyGman: raises $1.85 to $2.45 and is all-in
IOU1GALAXY: raises $1.50 to $3.95 and is all-in
SeeUBluff: calls $3.35
Kisbeni: calls $3.35
wbwayne00 said, "lol cannniot fold now cmon hearts"
wbwayne00: calls $1.43 and is all-in
*** FLOP *** [6s 6h 6d]
SeeUBluff: checks
Kisbeni: checks
*** TURN *** [6s 6h 6d] [Jh]
Kisbeni: checks
*** RIVER *** [6s 6h 6d Jh] [5h]
wbwayne00 said, "lol"
Kisbeni: bets $7.55 and is all-in
SeeUBluff: folds
Uncalled bet ($7.55) returned to Kisbeni
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Kisbeni: shows [5s 9c] (a full house, Sixes full of Fives)
IOU1GALAXY: shows [Qd Qh] (a full house, Sixes full of Queens)
IOU1GALAXY collected $4.25 from side pot-2
TimmyGman: mucks hand
IOU1GALAXY collected $1.63 from side pot-1
wbwayne00: shows [7h Ah] (a flush, Ace high)
IOU1GALAXY collected $9.70 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $16.38 Main pot $9.70. Side pot-1 $1.63. Side pot-2 $4.25. | Rake $0.80
Board [6s 6h 6d Jh 5h]
Seat 1: porky64 folded before Flop
Seat 2: TimmyGman (button) mucked [Th Jd]
Seat 3: IOU1GALAXY (small blind) showed [Qd Qh] and won ($15.58) with a full house, Sixes full of Queens
Seat 4: SeeUBluff (big blind) folded on the River
Seat 5: Kisbeni showed [5s 9c] and lost with a full house, Sixes full of Fives
Seat 6: wbwayne00 showed [7h Ah] and lost with a flush, Ace high

Day 08a: 244%

Last edited:
Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
figure ill start tracking from the beginning this time

day 1: 25 (100%)
day 2: 46 (184%)
day 3: 51 (204%)

now back to the tables

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I must have played for a good 45 minutes until pocket Q's prevailed once again after going in pre-flop. I don't know how people can re-raise me, then end up calling with suited high cards when I had basically sat back the whole time at the table and had my blinds raised and bluffed to on the flop countless times. I guess a good way to look at it is that I should be very thankful I have came out ahead in the past two hands where I push with Q's pre-flop. I 3-tabled for maybe 50 minutes, coming out even at one, slightly ahead at another and doubling-up at the other. All-in-all it was a decent night. Good Night/Good Morning/Evening everyone. :)

PokerStars Game #17462394145: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2008/05/16 - 01:21:52 (ET)
Table 'Hirons' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: jaden c. ($4.83 in chips)
Seat 2: IOU1GALAXY ($3.03 in chips)
Seat 4: mecash$ ($4.08 in chips)
Seat 5: a 2k ($5.73 in chips)
Seat 6: Da Nutz Man ($4.76 in chips)
mecash$: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IOU1GALAXY [Qc Qd]
a 2k: calls $0.05
Da Nutz Man: folds
jaden c.: folds
IOU1GALAXY: raises $0.20 to $0.25
mecash$: raises $0.20 to $0.45
a 2k: calls $0.40
IOU1GALAXY: raises $2.58 to $3.03 and is all-in
mecash$: calls $2.58
a 2k: folds
*** FLOP *** [4c 7s Th]
*** TURN *** [4c 7s Th] [6s]
*** RIVER *** [4c 7s Th 6s] [3c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
IOU1GALAXY: shows [Qc Qd] (a pair of Queens)
mecash$: mucks hand
IOU1GALAXY collected $6.21 from pot
JDogg722 has returned
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $6.51 | Rake $0.30
Board [4c 7s Th 6s 3c]
Seat 1: jaden c. (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: IOU1GALAXY (small blind) showed [Qc Qd] and won ($6.21) with a pair of Queens
Seat 4: mecash$ (big blind) mucked [Jh Ah]
Seat 5: a 2k folded before Flop
Seat 6: Da Nutz Man folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Progress:

Day 09a: 254%

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nothing big to speak of other than running in circles. The weekend's begun. Need I say more. :cool:
It's late/early and I need to make some spaghetti-o's. cyas

Progress:

Day 010a: 250%

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Earlier in the day I opened up 3 tables and sat down looking to make a gain and quit in as little time as possible. The plan went well. I sat down. The first hand at one table went to the river and the opponent pushed all-in causing myself to fold after betting the flop and turn. The third hand the player raised 3x the big blind preflop and I called with crap, naturally, and caught a full house on the flop, doubling up. It's too bad the one othe person in the hand didn't want to come for the ride also. lol
I believe one of the other tables I came out 1/3 ahead and the other I believe slightly behind, but I honestly can't remember, nor care. All-in-all the weekend was usual. cya

Progress:

Day 010a: 250%
Day 011a: 255%

Attachments

• image001.gif
    image001.gif
    3 KB · Views: 13
wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mon: I haven't seen one of these in a while. I took a shot at taking as much as I could and was paid off. It probably helped that this was during after-school/work play also. Play the board. . . sure.

PokerStars Game #17549295784: Hold'em No Limit ($0.02/$0.05) - 2008/05/19 - 18:01:40 (ET)
Table 'Idomeneus V' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: WoutMeelis ($16.69 in chips)
Seat 2: Cosmo1k ($1.68 in chips)
Seat 3: IOU1GALAXY ($4.42 in chips)
Seat 4: zveki666 ($5.80 in chips)
Seat 5: Hiaki07 ($4.66 in chips)
Seat 6: laffitte100 ($2.07 in chips)
Cosmo1k: posts small blind $0.02
IOU1GALAXY: posts big blind $0.05
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to IOU1GALAXY [Ts Td]
zveki666: folds
Hiaki07: folds
laffitte100: raises $0.05 to $0.10
WoutMeelis: folds
Cosmo1k: folds
IOU1GALAXY: calls $0.05
*** FLOP *** [9d 7d Jd]
IOU1GALAXY: checks
laffitte100: bets $0.20
IOU1GALAXY: calls $0.20
*** TURN *** [9d 7d Jd] 8♦
laffitte100: checks
*** RIVER *** [9d 7d Jd 8d] K♦
laffitte100: bets $0.30
IOU1GALAXY: raises $1.40 to $1.70
laffitte100: calls $1.40
*** SHOW DOWN ***
IOU1GALAXY: shows [Ts Td] (a straight flush, Seven to Jack)
laffitte100: mucks hand
IOU1GALAXY collected $3.82 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $4.02 | Rake $0.20
Board [9d 7d Jd 8d Kd]
Seat 1: WoutMeelis (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: Cosmo1k (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 3: IOU1GALAXY (big blind) showed [Ts Td] and won ($3.82) with a straight flush, Seven to Jack
Seat 4: zveki666 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: Hiaki07 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: laffitte100 mucked [9c 8c]

Tues: I opened up 4 decent tables and looked to do something before dinner. Nothing big to speak of after 30-45 minutes of play other than hitting trips and taking down a decent pot. Ahead at one and out slightly behind or even at the other tables. Done for the night. cya.

Progress:

Day 11a: 255%
Day 12a: 264%
Day 13a: 268%

Attachments

• image001.gif
    image001.gif
    3 KB · Views: 12
wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today I've decided that 4-tabling is a quality idea when I can find decent tables to attempt it, since I'm playing comfortably at this limit. The first hand during lunch time brought me pocket K's, which tripped, yeilding a nice increase in the bankroll. About an hour later I looked a bit for a few tables and sat down. It's odd that the table I thought would pay off didn't work out and the 4/6 player table, which includes myself, over-rided the other tables. An over-aggressive bluffer pushed the rest of his stack on the river, basically drawing dead, with no pair, ending myself in another positive session. It's easy pickins if you're running good.

As for the 3rd session, a few hours later, I was reaching, playing out of my comfort zone, up then down, then I finally came out a few dollars ahead. Dinner...

The fourth session, a.k.a. "the after dinner special", I made a killing for the half-hour, and nothing went wrong more than some slight stupidity. Making a bad move early-on at one table made me realize I had to stop pressing, and everything went very well at each table from there out. So, the night is done. My day off went well, I'd say. Good luck at the tables everyone! :)

Progress:

Day 12a: 264%
Day 13a: 268%
Day 14a: 308%

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok im in heres my BR:
Fulltilt: Starting 50$ Curent 620$
Since jan/feb
PS: Starting 10$ curent 13$
Started 3 days ago.
Carbon: Starting 0$ curent 5$
Started 3weeks ago
bodog Starting 0$ curent 2$
month ago
Pokertime stating 10$ curent 6$
Month ago

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe, thankfully, I am proving my own miserable comments wrong, which I had posted months prior. :cool: Once the little tiny rock starts rolling and gaining moss, it keeps building rapidly as long as it doesn't hit a damn brick wall! Hopefully things will keep jammin', and I can keep the losses at a minimum. I feel I'm doing well at keeping to a fairly strict mental game plan and it has probably helped me into avoiding multiple losing days in a row or a huge down-swing here or there thus far.

My internet connection keeps going in and out for some reason. I'll have to end the night right here after the third "session". The Pre-dinner multi-tabling came with mixed results, ending slightly behind, but I managed to come out slightly ahead overall by the completion of the after dinner special. A quick nap and I pulled up probably five or six tables I could sit down and play. A short period brought good luck and I was up by a bit. Then the downward spiral started after the cards stopped coming and the kids kept catching. It wasn't too bad, I was ahead of the previous mark I set after dinner. I found myself grinding to gain back enough to where I was twenty to thirty minutes prior, where I felt comfortable enough to quit for the night and the weekend. To recap yesterday, I came into the same type of memorial day weekend sporadic play and still managed to come out a few $ ahead after reaching during play. All-in-all, I'm still running relatively well and will have no time to play for the next couple days at minimum. Far well ahead of my expectations for the month, I might take the rest of it off as well. Good Luck at the tables everyone. :) I think some may definitely need it this weekend.

If you've started playing again as you've said, I hope you're doing well Chris. I think it would be great if you could post a couple hands or comment a few days a month minimum. No need to see your bankroll progress. I'd just like to see your thoughts etc...on specific notes you had for a day, player, or hand, etc. It's up to you. It's no big deal if you care not to or don't have the time. Cyas.

Progress:

Day 14a: 308%
Day 15a: 314%
Day 16a: 336%

Attachments

• image001.gif
    image001.gif
    2.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management