Let's build some bankroll - who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

eddiedontplay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys been awhile since i posted. I have been putting money in out of poker lately. Recently put 180 into pstars, and through a nice 45 sit go win and a lot Omaha cash games i am at 1030 roughly. I'm not sure whether to be happy and pull most of it out, or keep going and see where it leads me? OPINIONS?

marcogd

marcogd

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys been awhile since i posted. I have been putting money in out of poker lately. Recently put 180 into Pokerstars, and through a nice 45 sit go win and a lot Omaha cash games i am at 1030 roughly. I'm not sure whether to be happy and pull most of it out, or keep going and see where it leads me? OPINIONS?

Nice run, Eddie. I'd say keep going

benevg

benevg

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey guys been awhile since i posted. I have been putting money in out of poker lately. Recently put 180 into Pokerstars, and through a nice 45 sit go win and a lot Omaha cash games i am at 1030 roughly. I'm not sure whether to be happy and pull most of it out, or keep going and see where it leads me? OPINIONS?

pull out 200 and play with just winnings. :)

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Latest update, had a major downturn the last few days. Some bad beats and general lack of cards leading me to play lesser starting hands. But Im glad it didnt put me on tilt. The old me would be broke now - by playing and losing $50/$100 heads ups chasing losses. Onwards and upwards

Day 1 $70
Day 24 $559
Day 25 $563
Day 26 $460
Day 27 $475

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 1 $70
Day 28 $ 543

Much better to be heading upwards.

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.

Update:

Day 33 $602

Finally broke through $600, ended up being a big mental barrier. Hope to push on towards $750 soon, and I am 3/4 of the way there, and I can step up to $50NL where all the juicy games seem to be.

Hope your all well

Stuventus

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well done stuventus, ur doing great :)
by any chance, would anyone happen to know what is going on with mister chris?

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 34 $619

Had a little dabble at $50 nl today, and felt in ability terms that I was either the same or better compared to 90% of the players. It just seemed as if they were less worried about getting involved with marginal hands. when I add another $500 or so to my BR I plan to get involved at this stake.

With regards to Chris, my guess is as good as yours, ChrisTC are you out there?

Stuventus

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe he went busto and just doesn't want to tell us :(

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not busto. As mentioned in my last post, I had dropped to $1,200. I've barely played since, but right now I'm at $1,900.

The reason why I'm not updating at the moment is because I need to focus on my game without looking at previous highs.

Thanks for keeping the thread going, I will rejoin as soon as possible.

Cheers

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no problem chris, just keep us updated
hope it goes well for u from here on out :)

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im at about 600$ after 4 weeks or so. Just playing 10$ SnGs, which is stupidly below my BR but i have ROI of about 80% in them so i don't see the point in moving up. Had a really bad day day before yesterday and lost like 65$, but made most of it back yesterday. Haven't played much at all as of late because of school...pretty good tho coz i don't think i want a BR of over 1500$ anyways...playing 50$ SnGs and max of 30$ MTTs would suit me just fine, and i'd just withdraw anything over that. Don't have great visions of playing 400NL or anything...

A

Atheist8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all, I've not posted here before. I've been lurking on this thread for a while, but yesterday I reached a suitable milestone in my bankroll so I thought it was a good place to join in. I'm pretty proud to say I've managed to get to where I am now purely from my last deposit of £5 (about $10). My goal is to get my bankroll up to $5,000 by the end of the year.

Day 0: 100% ($2,001)
Day 1: 101% ($2,015)

I only had time for one game today, so not much change. Also, since I just hit a milestone, I dropped down from my normal $20 games for a bit to a $5 game. Purely because when I've just managed to make it to a milestone figure in the past I've then immediately plummeted back down, so I'm just grinding out a bit of a cushion first before moving back to $20/30 SNGs.

A

Atheist8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 2: 104% ($2,089)

After actually typing that last message out, I realised how ridiculous it is to be playing $5 SnGs with a $2,000+ bankroll, so I moved back to $20/30 games and instantly plunged down $120 like I predicted, but thankfully managed to rebound with 3 consecutive wins. I feel like tracking this openly should really help, right now I've just got back from a night out, and feel like playing some poker. Luckily, the desire to keep a healthy increase on this thread is enough to restrain my urge to play whilst drunk.

G

greener_lax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im at about 600$ after 4 weeks or so. Just playing 10$ SnGs, which is stupidly below my BR but i have ROI of about 80% in them so i don't see the point in moving up. Had a really bad day day before yesterday and lost like 65$, but made most of it back yesterday. Haven't played much at all as of late because of school...pretty good tho coz i don't think i want a BR of over 1500$ anyways...playing 50$ SnGs and max of 30$ MTTs would suit me just fine, and i'd just withdraw anything over that. Don't have great visions of playing 400NL or anything...

not to burst your bubble, but don't expect the 80% roi to last. the best sng players in the world have an roi of around 20% and even lower at high stakes.

A

Atheist8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 3: 117% ($2,342)

The second best day I've ever had of poker, profit wise. High point was winning my first ever $50 SnG. I had a lazy day lying in bed til pretty late playing on my laptop, and so made over $250 before I got up. If that's not a reason to love poker I don't know what is.

A

Atheist8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 4: 111% ($2,221)

My first red day was inevitable, but hoped it wouldn't be this soon. I tilted a bit today. Ah well, hopefully tomorrow will be better.

19honu62

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mother won't let me play for real money! LOL! When I get my freeroll winnings up to $50 I'll join.

A

Atheist8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 5: 113% ($2,261)

Didn't have much time for poker today, and squandered most of it playing microstakes Pot Limit Omaha, which I'm trying to learn. Now for the next 3 days I'm off to a live national students' poker tournament which I won a ticket to. Woohoo!

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey all.

Hope your all building well.

I am staying at around the $500 for the time being and taking a daily profit (when up). Reason being this is the month my car needs its insurance renewal, tax and service. so I can do with the extra spondoolies in my bank account.

Will push on towards $1000 in may

Stuventus

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Evening all. i am down to $20.

no... dont worry.....

I have had to withdraw my bankroll, well i didnt HAVE to, but i needed it as I am having a very expensive month car / birthdays etc. so, with about £250 about to hit my account :)). I am starting from the $20 i kept in. will focus on $2 STT (the variance of cash games will be to harsh) until i get to about $75 and then re assess.

Wish me luck......

Stuventus

-new daily Broll figs to follow.

F

feitr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha i got to 1k+, then had a TERRIBLE day with horrible bad beats where i lost 150$, got so pissed off that i withdrew about 1 000$ and left myself with 15$. So um yea...at about 75$ after 2 days but pretty stupid having to play 5$ HU SnGs (which are still out of my BR but the competitioin is terrible so i don't really mind).

E

eddiedontplay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, just deposited another 200 even though i shouldnt. I won decent last time then blew most of it on a bad run at PLO. So ive been playing omaha hi/lo and nl holdem cash games and been doing much better. Im at about 350 and let u guys now how it goes.

A

Atheist8

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 9: 118% ($2,365)
Day 10: 121% ($2,411)

Day 11: 118% ($2,360)
Day 12: 122% ($2,435)

Days 6-8 I was at a live tournament, so that's why there's a gap. Played really poorly at the live tournament. Ah well. Day 11 was HORRIBLE. I lost so many straight games in the morning, dropped all the way down to the $2,180s. Then I took a couple of hours break, and when I came back I won 4-5 games in a row, taking me back to near my starting position for the day (before losing another and calling it a night). Talk about swings! I just flopped my first ever straight flush in my last game today (not counting a Royal Flush I once got in a home game).

S

stuventus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So, the Latest challenge from $20. Update Day 0 $20 Day 1 $29 Day 2 $39 Day 3 $52 Day 4 $95 Have only been playing STT ($2 and $5) compared to last time when i got from $70 to $600 only playing cash. A rough aim is to be at about $300-$350 by the end of the month. Stuventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management