Let's build some bankroll - who's with me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jay0382

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i am curious to how you all have graphs of your winning and losing. How can I get one?

J

jay0382

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
help

i am curious to how you all have graphs of your winning and losing. How can I get one?

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bad day #19 was just bad playing on my part. #21 was part bad play, part variance. I just wanted my graph to be the same as the graphs of each Chris, I guess.:D

16 125.2%
17 127.1%
18 127.1%
19 119.2%
20 119.5%
21 116.0%

Attachments

• PigpenNew.jpg
    PigpenNew.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 117
Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My bad day #19 was just bad playing on my part. #21 was part bad play, part variance. I just wanted my graph to be the same as the graphs of each Chris, I guess.:D
That was pretty funny, I laughed out loud. :D

Your support means a lot to me, but you may now go back to playing awesome poker and kicking variance in the behind ;)
Oh, and while you're at it, please tell her that I never want to see her again. There's so many fish waiting to hook up with her that she really needn't bother with you and I :D

As far as the playing goes, I took a short two-day break over the weekend. But today, I already played a session, and session 2 will follow shortly, as will the update.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Progress Update

Day 74: 542% ($10,834)
Day 75: 452% ($9,043)
Day 76: 355% ($7,106)

Pokah is teh devil.

Attachments

• ChrisTC_bankroll2.jpg
    ChrisTC_bankroll2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 107
Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uhh, im going to restart.

From $600 down to like $210 or $220 on full tilt because of a few big losses ($216 750k tourney and multiple bad $22 games), so im just going to leave that money on there, perhaps rebuild, perhaps withdraw, whatever.

Back to pokerstars for now. King of sit and go's. Had $2 on it because I withdrew all money last month. (Was like $350 or smths)

I put on $100 yesterday. Now at $560. Begin!

Progress Report

Day 1: 100% ($100)
Day 2: 560% ($560)

SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What on earth did you play on PS to win $460 in one day?

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
monoxide i think u play way over ur bankroll
u went from 600 to 200 in 1 day
dont get me wrong im happy for u that u won but it is way to fast (unless u finall tables a big tourny)

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree fully, but i just played well in 2 45 seat $27 sngs got 2nd and 3rd and placed well in a few 12$, lost a few but won lots

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
so ur risking roll to play in 3 sngs?
if u lose all 3 u only have 19$ left
anyway now that u have 560$ u can play 12$ gamees comfortably

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yup, thats what im doin :cool:

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uhh, im going to restart.
No, you're not. At least not in this thread.
The purpose of this thread was never to artificially make the graphs look good. Either you stick with your initial starting point or you'll have to stop posting your progress altogether.

There have been a lot of participants in this thread who have posted a few times (most of them have posted a few winning sessions), and they were never heard of again. That's not how this was supposed to work.

I think that most players get fed up too easily when things don't go their way. Some of the people in this thread may have already gone busto and "started over" (probably playing freerolls, building from zero like Chris Ferguson) without any of us ever knowing.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I haven't posted in the past 10 days because I blew up one night and went on tilt. Blowing all of the progress I had made over the past few months. I thought maybe if I waited a few days and built it back a bit, I'd be less embarrassed or I would snap back to normal. But it hasn't really worked. I am back over 100% but only because I'm doing the wrong things. gambling way to much, popping up into levels I shouldn't be playing with my roll. I'm not going to quit. I'm just going to refocus and see how things are. It is kinda interesting how all of us had a nice run up for awhile and now were all getting slammed lately.

103 146.37%
104 96.55%
105 94.46%
106 100.51%
107 104.12%
108 105.81%
109 103.95%
110 106.90%
111 115.10%
112 116.37%

smd173_perc.jpg

pigpen02

pigpen02

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More bad days. I keep reviewing the hands and don't think I am playing worse than I was when the line was going up. Still playing until I make my 50 points a day for Iron Man promotion and January bonus, but performance still sucks.

21 116.0%
22 110.8%
23 110.8%
24 107.8%

Attachments

• PigpenNew.jpg
    PigpenNew.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 99
Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I haven't posted in the past 10 days because I blew up one night and went on tilt. Blowing all of the progress I had made over the past few months. I thought maybe if I waited a few days and built it back a bit, I'd be less embarrassed or I would snap back to normal. But it hasn't really worked. I am back over 100% but only because I'm doing the wrong things. Gambling way to much, popping up into levels I shouldn't be playing with my roll. I'm not going to quit.
It certainly looks like you tilted quite a bit there. I can't give you any specific anti-tilt advice other than to immediately stop playing and take a break when you notice that you're spewing chips/money.

Also, there's really nothing to be embarassed about, we've all had tilt happen to us at some point. Just make sure to keep your bankroll at least semi-safe!
I'm playing a bit on the edge myself right now (even though I dropped to NL400 once again), but I'd never play let's say NL2000 or something because I know I'd go on life tilt if things went wrong and I busted my roll.

More bad days. I keep reviewing the hands and don't think I am playing worse than I was when the line was going up. Still playing until I make my 50 points a day for Iron Man promotion and January bonus, but performance still sucks.
Hang in there, it's all gonna work out. You know I know how you feel, so let's get back to the tables and own everybody.

B

bulletsaa123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
---------------------------------------------------------
day 1=15.43...100%
day 2=13.34...86%
---------------------------------------------------------

had a terrible session mostly beats eek hopefully today will be better

Monoxide

Monoxide

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, you're not. At least not in this thread.
The purpose of this thread was never to artificially make the graphs look good. Either you stick with your initial starting point or you'll have to stop posting your progress altogether.

There have been a lot of participants in this thread who have posted a few times (most of them have posted a few winning sessions), and they were never heard of again. That's not how this was supposed to work.

I think that most players get fed up too easily when things don't go their way. Some of the people in this thread may have already gone busto and "started over" (probably playing freerolls, building from zero like Chris Ferguson) without any of us ever knowing.

Ah cmon its not exactly like that.

Playing at full tilt was with christmas money, hence why I went a little extra spewy and am sitting at what? 35-40% now? I have no desire to play there atm.

Its not like im starting over at <insert amount left> at 100% on full tilt. Its entirely different! Its a new deposit ($100) on my main website I play, Pokerstars. I have over 1k+ games there ive been there since july only reason I stopped was for this full tilt deal.

Anyway I think i should be able to start over on pokerstars, its an totally different website and I only had $2 in my account.

Dont be a nit omggzzz :cool: :D :D damn if i ever try to start over again ill give you my full tilt money, gimme a chance here w/new BR.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, whatever.
Another day over, another grand down. I'll go smash something now. No update.

A

AutoArt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry I haven't been posting in a while, I don't really know why I haven't been. I'm really trying to figure out the holes in my game because I seem to be a really up and down type of player (playing slightly over my BR doesn't really help either but I just play where I'm comfortable but also won't go broke). I kind of think that I'm just not aggressive enough in certain situations. I also notice that when I sit down at a table in the first hour or so I'll make a little bit of money but over the next few hours I'll start losing it, not from bad play but just getting shit cards or maybe even being outplayed by the other players. Not having PokerOffice or PokerTracker is kind of hard to see where my game flaws are.

Anyways, here are the updates since the last time I posted:

Day 11: 140% ($71.31)

Day 12: 123% ($62.41) - Played in a lot off different levels of ring games, lost and lost a lot of HU matches. At one point in the session of was profiting money but ended up losing some in the long run.

Day 13: 171% ($87.01) - Played a couple heads up matches won a couple and lost a couple, then I sat down at a ring game and caught some good cards against a couple fish and made some good money - Total time played 2 hours.

Day 14: 161% ($81.66) - Won 4 heads up matches and the lost 4, lost a $1 45 person sng, and lost a little bit at the ring games - Total time played 3 hours.

Day 15: 119% ($60.61) - Horrible, horrible run added with some tilting. Played for 7 1/2 hours and just had a bad day, so bad that I didn't even write any notes about how I did that day because the numbers are self explanatory - Total time played 7 1/2 hours.

Day 16: 108% ($55.00) - For the most part the day started off good, I made some decent money and then lost a really big pot. I had A K and there was a pretty big raise pre flop, I called the raise and caught aces and kings on the flop. Villian bet out a lot of money which I called and one other person went all in, turn came a blank and the villian put me all in. I ended up folding because I had a feeling he had pocket aces and caught 3 of a kind, turns out I was right when he showed his cards. Played in a $1 18 person SNG and placed 3rd, and then played a pot limit (by accident) $1 tournament placed 39th and made a couple bucks. - Total time played 5 1/2 hours.

Day 17: 132% ($67.20) - Session didn't start off too good. I started off with losing 2 heads up matches but then made some money at the rings because I was sitting at a table with a fish who had a lot of money. - Total time played 1 1/2 hours.

Day 18: 146% ($74.30) - Did pretty good in the cash game, I even noted here that even though I won money I still have some leaks in my game. Also won a heads up match against a guy who played like a retard. - Total time played 45 mintues.

Day 19: 131% ($66.70) - I was pretty tired, I don't even know why I ended up playing that night. I did pretty good in heads up games but ended up losing some money at the ring, and did really bad in a 180 person SNG because I was tired and didn't really feel like playing anymore. I did however make some good fpp's that day - Total time played 1 1/2 hours.

Day 20: 138% ($70.30) - Not a bad day, made a little bit of money at the ring. I then had the sudden urge to play omaha so I sat down at .01/.02 ring and made a couple bucks. Won 1 heads up match and lost a $1 hundred grand satelite. - Total time played 4 1/2 hours.

Day 21: 257% ($130.40) - Overall a really good day and was really happy with the way I played. Made a little bit of money at the holdem and omaha ring games. I then had an urge to play in a tournament so I registered at a $4 180 person SNG and placed 4th, I won $57. This tournament by far was my best play as of yet. Slowly increased my stack in the begining and just kept on going. I was the top 3 biggest stacks throughout most of the tournament. - Total time played 4 1/2 hours.

Day 22: 225% ($114.55) - Card and flop dead for the most part. Lost some money in the ring, placed 50th in a $4 180 person SNG, won a $2 heads up match, I then took a stab at a $5 heads up match and lost, then lost another $2 heads up match - Total time played 3 1/2 hours.

As you can see, my graph is really up and down. I really need to find out where I'm playing bad and what I'm doing wrong.

AutoArt_bankroll2.jpg

Sorry for such a long post, just haven't updated recently as you know. I'm also getting really close to gaining enough FPP's to get my initial deposite bonus which is $50, I'm only 93 FPP's away.

Last edited:
SeanyJ

SeanyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't updated this for a while because...well it's exactly what Chris said I lost a bunch and was kind of embarrassed, I still kept track of my bankroll I just didn't post it. I was playing too high for my bankroll, I'm lucky I didn't lose all of my money. now I'm only playing $10NL, usually 4 tabling which still might be a little high for my bankroll thats at around $150 now but the players at that level are really weak. I have won a lot more than my bankroll shows because I keep playing in MTTs and losing. Anywaysssss here is my graph.

Attachments

• 011708.jpg
    011708.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 80
Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Progress Update

Day 76: 355% ($7,106)
Day 77: 241% ($4,836)
Day 78: 217% ($4,353)

I'm actually happy with today's result. No, I haven't gone insane, it's just that being only one stack down feels almost like a heater to me right now.

Today's low was an incredible $2,950 :eek:
Having bounced back from there sure was an important psychological success.

But I did switch to an immediate emergency plan. I move down with 7 stacks and move up with 10 stacks. I don't recommend this kind of BRM to anyone, just to be clear...
Being so close to my starting point from 78 days ago is a bit depressing, but then again I'm playing higher stakes and one good run can kick me back up in no time.

Attachments

• ChrisTC_bankroll2.jpg
    ChrisTC_bankroll2.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 80
dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not too late to join?

I gave up my starting from $0 quest on poker stars and deposited $100 - After seeing the results of the first few days from others, I thought I was doing something wrong, not playing enough or well enough but I am going to stick to the correct limits for my bankroll. Hopefull posting here daily will be like a daily weigh-in and keep me accountable.

Day 1: 100% ($100)
Day 2: 104% ($104)
Day 3: 108% ($108)
Day 4: 105% ($105)

Attachments

• dufferdevon_bankroll.jpg
    dufferdevon_bankroll.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 78
HartAttack3

HartAttack3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well im gonna give this a shot, didnt know I could make graphs too lol.

Day 0 372.81 (100%)

of course this is after i won 156 in a tourney and then lost 30 but w/e lol

MGiani

MGiani

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ouch.....thats really rough Chris. I've had terrible stretches like that. It feels like you trapped losing. Just stick with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management