Length of poker game & concentration

M

marcelo benavidez

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i have problem with concentration after 3 hours...the i play normal poker, not tournements.

D

don1980

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel the same way Digital. 12 hour tournaments will have a player exhausted.

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Physical part of poker training is real. I see guys falling asleep in cash games (especially when drinking) far too often.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is where I find that my job helps., As a software engineer I have spent many 12+ hours coding and focusing on a problem. That really comes in helpful deep in large live MTT fields.

I also find the the fewer things I have to think about while playing helps me concentrate. So the more practice with ranges and spots the fewer times I have to really focus on which saves energy. I also always try and get a good nights sleep before playing.

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The thing I do to keep my focus is to utilize the breaks . Get up , walk around , get something to eat or drink and don't be afraid to sit out a little here and there during the tournament .Good luck .

A

Amdrius

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was wondering how much time you can keep your concentration at highest level while playing poker? I feel like after 4 hours of the game I kind of can't focus any more and usually in that time i make big mistakes and bad plays. What is your experience and are there any strategies to overcome this?

My concentration depends on many factors as real - such as hunger, physical fatigue, mood, and on the kind of cards that are distributed to me during the game and the number of situations when, for me to say the least, the roller rides. Therefore, I do not think I will answer if I can keep the concentration in the game depending on the various conditions from 2 hours to 10 hours. But I think it's much more important not to keep the concentration for a long time, and if there is an opportunity to play breaks and make up for your physical and psychological strength, then again sits down to play.

E

Ero2407

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same situation with me , so I prefer cash games , where I could stop play any moment

Top 10 Games