Lack of respect for Vanessa Rousso

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What part of "total package" don't you guys understand?

Vanessa's queenly attitude turns me off and her looks aren't my type. Annie may not be a "10", but she'll always be a point above Vanessa with me. Sue me.

I understand all of the 'total package', by which I assume you mean skill, looks and personality, and Duke has none

Skill wise, she's quite clearly not a 'great' player, whether we're talking about cash or tournaments. She's obviously not the worst looking woman in the world but if we're gonna compare her with some other female players (most mentioned itt) then she's way down the list. Personality? Well although I hear she is a good public speaker, I have to cast huge doubts on the personality traits of someone who a) Represents UB, b) Defended UB during the biggest scandal in online gaming (and indeed the manner of her defending of UB) and c) Makes claims of being able to 'give great blow jobs' on national television

Duke is a phenomenally poor representation of 'women's poker' (bleh I hate that wording) in 2010. If I was a woman starting in poker and I wanted a 'role model', I would be looking to Vanessa Selbst ainec

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I endorse onemorechance's message. Brought to you by kit kat.

PC69

PC69

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol. gotta be honest with ya all. Only scanning this thread to see if there were more pics. Havent read the responses since the pics started tp get posted. More pics?

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand all of the 'total package', by which I assume you mean skill, looks and personality, and Duke has none

Skill wise, she's quite clearly not a 'great' player, whether we're talking about cash or tournaments. She's obviously not the worst looking woman in the world but if we're gonna compare her with some other female players (most mentioned itt) then she's way down the list. Personality? Well although I hear she is a good public speaker, I have to cast huge doubts on the personality traits of someone who a) Represents Ultimatebet, b) Defended Ultimatebet during the biggest scandal in online gaming (and indeed the manner of her defending of Ultimatebet) and c) Makes claims of being able to 'give great blow jobs' on national television

Duke is a phenomenally poor representation of 'women's poker' (bleh I hate that wording) in 2010. If I was a woman starting in poker and I wanted a 'role model', I would be looking to Vanessa Selbst ainec
I guess we all have our own opinions and interpretations of things because I disagree with about 90% of your post regarding Annie. But to each his own.

And any woman who can joke about blow jobs on national TV has the kind of personality I wanna party with. So I guess we all have our own tastes, too. Cheers.

jaymfc

jaymfc

R.I.P DJ & Buck
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can hold my mouse over each pic to see the name but could be because I posted them . someone try it .
white bikini girl in black ... Tina Wallmann
Tina wallmann 2 display image

9kimberlylansing display image Helen chamberlain photo 3 display image

Shak1 65437a display image 17isabellemercier display image

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just try finding a pic of a hot professional poker player of the male persuasion, its impossible.:rolleyes: :( :confused:

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The problem is, is that poker is open to everyone where as football is not. If a female highschool student wishes to play football, her only option is to play on the guys team.

Wat ??? Have you never heard of the Lingerie Football League ?

lingeriebowlREX_450x300.jpg

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For hotness, bleh
Jennifer Harman>Vanessa Rousso
Liv Boeree>Vanessa Rousso
Lacey Jones>Vanessa Rousso
Erica Schoenberg>Vanessa Rousso
Beth Shak>Vanessa Rousso
Kara Scott>Vanessa Rousso
QFT, however

Harman<<<<< Rousso

Elie_Yammine

Elie_Yammine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do have to say I agree with marginal on the sexist thing.
Men have had men only things for ever, and all of the sudden women decided it was not fair, sexist, blah blah blah, fought their way into them to crash them.
And then for chicks to turn around and make chick only events blows my mind.
It is hypocrisy at it's greatest.

Also, same thing goes with senior games and any other game that singles out a certain group of people. There is the argument that they dont feel comfortable playing with men, if that is so, are they even comfortable in real life where they come in contact with men? Does not make sense to me.

I like you both :p!

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Men have had men only things for ever, and all of the sudden women decided it was not fair, sexist, blah blah blah, fought their way into them to crash them.
And then for chicks to turn around and make chick only events blows my mind.

Actually, that's not quite how it happened. In poker news, Amy Zupko wrote: "In 1977 the World Series of Poker, then in its eighth year, began what would become an annual tradition. On Friday, May 6th, at 12:00 PM, the first ladies-only championship poker event began, and since that date the World Series of Poker’s Ladies Event has been the largest women’s-only tournament in the world. The event has grown annually and now features a truly international field.

According to legend, the WSOP Ladies Event was started in order to give the wives and female companions of the male poker players something to do in order to bring a bigger draw to the other events that were predominately male. The WSOP has not been able to deny or support this rumor, as the records from the time were not very accurate and no complete history exists."

Moving right along, no one can argue that there is a huge disparity between the numbers of men and women who play poker. While I know of no specific study, in Chapter 45 (titled The Biology and Eros of No-Limit Hold'em Tournaments) of his book Cowboys Full, James McManus speculates as to why this might be so. Interestingly, he doesn't mention the fear of playing against men as a factor that has been discussed in this thread.

As for opinions about women's only tournaments, even the pros are divided. I've read that Annie Duke, for one, is strongly against them because she feels they demean women. Other women pros, like the topic of the OP Vanessa Rousso, obviously support them. Daniel Negreanu thinks they're great.

Personally, one of the reasons I love poker is that the playing field between men and women is level unlike, as has been pointed out here, other sports. I actually prefer poker in mixed company, but that's just me. I do, however, enjoy playing in women's only events too.

In an ideal world, there would be no need for such distinctions in poker. Until then, I support women's tournaments as a marvelous way to introduce women to the game and even out those numbers a little bit. :cool:

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wasn't necessarily just talking about the poker events. I find women's only events hypocritical.
Whenever there are men only events women are regularly fighting to get in saying they are sexist, equal rights, etc....Whether it's golf, football, whatever.

I personally think both sexes should be able to have their own events, but if women insist on crashing men only events, they shouldn't have their own.

LarkMarlow

LarkMarlow

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally think both sexes should be able to have their own events, but if women insist on crashing men only events, they shouldn't have their own.

On this point I agree 100%.

And, I've often said that because there are women's and seniors' tournaments at the wsop or similar venues that there should be men's only tournaments too, as well as ones for players aged 50 and younger. To date whenever I've brought that up I've been shot down, sometimes viciously. :confused:

We have a long way to go as far as true equality goes...

Poof

Poof

Made in the USA
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On this point I agree 100%.

And, I've often said that because there are women's and seniors' tournaments at the WSOP or similar venues that there should be men's only tournaments too, as well as ones for players aged 50 and younger. To date whenever I've brought that up I've been shot down, sometimes viciously. :confused:

We have a long way to go as far as true equality goes...
So true....

C

Chemist

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am trying to understand why many women have very little consideration for professional poker player Vanessa Rousso.

I have read many disrespectful comments about her primarily from the female side.

Perhaps it is Anna Kornikova syndrome.

But you know what poker players say about AK.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Perhaps it is Anna Kornikova syndrome.

But you know what poker players say about AK.

No, I dont know what they say about AK, please go on.

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just try finding a pic of a hot professional poker player of the male persuasion, its impossible.:rolleyes: :( :confused:

Well...
antoniuso4_2.png

As to Vanessa, I think she's a pretty awesome player. And I don't really care if she uses her looks -- but when I see her play on TV, she's not exactly flirting at the table. She's won over $2 mil in tourneys. I have respect.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont forget, Darvin Moon, that man is smexy.

Extreme Fishing

Extreme Fishing

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vanessa Is amazing. Hot and great at poker!

R

rozzz5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think she is particularly underrated or overrated. I think most people respect her game but non one is making her out to be one of the best in the world (like an ivey or durrr).

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wasn't necessarily just talking about the poker events. I find women's only events hypocritical.
Whenever there are men only events women are regularly fighting to get in saying they are sexist, equal rights, etc....Whether it's golf, football, whatever.

This makes me sad, title nine was enacted for a reason, its in my history growing up. Its like people arguing as to why we have affirmitive action or civil rights, there's a reason and its in our not so distant past.