Just focus on poker or do other things while playing?

antifragilegg

antifragilegg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually play in solitude but focused but fun at the sane time like watching netflix series or something that wont keep me totally bored, if im playing a deep tournament then i focus on it instead and play only that tournament, and if for example on a sunday i listen to music alone so i can keep up with multitables:)

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to listen to music but except that it is best to focus entirely on the game. Even when you are not involved in a hand you can still monitor the other players and get some useful information from that. Saying that i sometimes simply can not focus at the early stages of slow tournament and do other things till the game becomes more serious. In this cases i usually browse on the web when i am not in a hand.

Timmi1015

Timmi1015

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start watching a movie when the game gets boring. Then the brain stops making calculations and gradually the stack begins to decrease. You need to look very closely at how your blinds are stolen. Now when I play poker, I’m not doing anything else

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi the ALL CardsChat Community!
When I'm play in Poker, I try not to distract on anyone and anything... But, as always, goes
this famous "BUT": not always get, unfortunately... But there is something to work on,
and this a few calming... Main, not to calm until the End!;):cool::D

rflbarreto

rflbarreto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Obvious ... but not

of course that having focus and only playing poker without any distractions would be better, BUT, there are times that listening music, or even playing online poker at the mobile during a live event, brings you more tranquility and you could even hide some tells to the opponents :)

L

LuisBoaC

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to have the TV or radio on in the background but have realised both are detrimental to my concentration (and therefore my reads and my play). Nowadays I try to play in silence.

Richardb77

Richardb77

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I want to ask you about how you play poker. Do you play completely immersed in the game, in solitude, so that no one can stop you from making the right decisions. Or you can do a lot of other things, watch an interesting movie, do gymnastics, listen to music or even read a book.:bath::bath::bath:
I Cannot walk and chew gum at the same time so if Im dividing my attention, I'm losing. Occasionally I listen to music or a podcast in my headphones but I need to be focusing on the game. I have a friend who plays and drives at the same time. I told him if he deserves to win anything, it's a Darwin Award.

T

TheBigOneQQ

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I want to ask you about how you play poker. Do you play completely immersed in the game, in solitude, so that no one can stop you from making the right decisions. Or you can do a lot of other things, watch an interesting movie, do gymnastics, listen to music or even read a book.:bath::bath::bath:

I like to play alone and focused to be able to make better decisions so much better.

antifragilegg

antifragilegg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I play poker, I always listen music

mountainfox

mountainfox

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, I do other things while playing poker. I either watch a movie or listen to music. It helps me to not go on tilt.

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I play no more than 2 tournaments I can watch YouTube or listen to music. This is because I use HUD.

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to either watch Twitch, Youtube, Sports or listen to some music while playing. I like paying attention to my tables and the opponents tendencies so I can be aware of how everyone is playing so I can make the best decisions in the moment with the limited information I have available.

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it is better when no one and nothing interferes, but it is almost impossible.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always get distracted while playing MTTs. Typically load up a chess game or some youtube videos in the background

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When a tournament starts I usually watch or do something, waiting for the kamikazes to stop the crazy bets, then I just focus on the game.

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to play only poker and not be distracted by extraneous matters. I don’t listen to music, I don’t watch movies, I have long understood that this is very distracting. Even if you leave the table for a few minutes, this will affect the distribution of hands, I make some kind of mistake, mainly postflop.
Many play with music, but I am not a music lover and I can not choose anything for the session. Therefore, I do not really worry and play without music.

P

pawelmad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
during sessions watching tv shows movies youtube sometimes even playing in football manager:)

yomarianob

yomarianob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would love to be able to just focus on the game, but I always play with some extra entertainment, mostly sports (soccer or NBA) or youtube videos.

B

Biibel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good question.

I play my best game when i focus only to poker, all thou i do listen to music or keep TV on for the backround noises and not to get bored and start to grave action on table.

DanielSpaan

DanielSpaan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only soft background music, no other things...

chilindrodolar

chilindrodolar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I focus far in the game , sometimes I hear songs, but I am also very aggressive in moments of entering the bubble.!!!

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am usually watching a Youtube vid on my phone when I am playing. Since I am folding most of the time, it's too boring to just sit there.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually do several things at the same time while I play a single tournament, since I don't bet so and I don't get involved in hands with mediocre cards.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
always music, also depending on the tables if they are maximum 2 I can see something on youtube having everything on screen, if they are more just music and the tables, it is very complicated to watch movies or be surfing the internet because there are many details that I would miss out on how they are playing, who is climbing continuously, I prefer to be focused watching the tables and analyzing the game of the rivals to get the most out of it:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

kleopatra123

kleopatra123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i'm playing poker , usually i listen to some music. Need maximum focus on my game!