Just focus on poker or do other things while playing?

ANATOLII1981

ANATOLII1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I want to ask you about how you play poker. Do you play completely immersed in the game, in solitude, so that no one can stop you from making the right decisions. Or you can do a lot of other things, watch an interesting movie, do gymnastics, listen to music or even read a book.:bath::bath::bath:

G

Giacominii

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When i'm playing usually i listen to some music but its just that. Need maximum focus on my game :p

Jon Poker

Jon Poker

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To be one of the best at the game it requires your undivided attention and dedication to the game.

I take mental breaks from time to time and will either get up and walk around or slide back in my seat and mess with my phone - but when I am playing I am usually super focused. Dedicating all I can to the game at hand and my abilities.

When I do listen to music playing the game it is often not my typical preference. When playing poker with music I like to keep it strictly relaxing - classical music, instrumental music, cultural music, sometimes not even music but just relaxing sorts of sounds - lyrics can be distracting so I tend to avoid music with vocals in it. Weird or not it works for me.

C

Cash2019

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!
When I play poker, I try to be focused on the game, however if I lose the tournament, but in another I am still in the game, then I turn on the movie in order to relax and regain strength.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If I multi-table on a stake where I try to make money it is full concentration on the game.

Headphones on so I can hear the tables better nit only see them.

If it is some tournament that is cheap or even a freeroll I can read something online so it doesn't get to boring waiting for players to act.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I want to ask you about how you play poker. Do you play completely immersed in the game, in solitude, so that no one can stop you from making the right decisions. Or you can do a lot of other things, watch an interesting movie, do gymnastics, listen to music or even read a book.:bath::bath::bath:

I usually watch TV while I play.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online i always multi task which is why i limit myself to micro stakes (<$5 mtts, sngs, no cash games). i've done well doing this and i don't feel like i'm wasting time by focusing on games in which i make less than a $1 an hr. doing this has been my sweet spot and i get a nice roi. if i end up going deep in an mtt, then i'll do less of the multi tasking so i can focus, but the $ amount is so low (<$100 for the winner) that it rarely keeps me from focusing 100% on the game

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
During the game I look "good video," if you know what I mean :D

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played poker with all the above methods )), communicated in social networks, watched movies, and even read a book )), all this has a bad effect on the game. But when you sit in silence, alone, only poker is open on the computer, it's another matter, a positive result will not take long to wait, you only need a little patience.

H

HaroldHouse

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have 3 young daughters so there is no solitude at my house. So I have to jump in and out at times. Thats why I play a lot of freerolls, so Im not in and out of a game I have my winnings from freerolls invested in. Im a no deposit player. I have a small bankroll spread between 3 sites. If I play a big tourney its usually late at night here in the Philipinnes. But daytime is freeroll time.

E

Erickaie

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fun and focused

i usually play in solitude but focused but fun at the sane time like watching netflix series or something that wont keep me totally bored, if im playing a deep tournament then i focus on it instead and play only that tournament, and if for example on a sunday i listen to music alone so i can keep up with multitables:)

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play poker, I usually watch TV or listen to music.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When playing freerolls, I try to do something other than poker. I read useful information on the Internet or watch a movie.If I play for money, then only poker is busy.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I always try to play distraction free poker. In a room by myself, no phone, no tv no music. It's how I play my best.

FoxMS

FoxMS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often watch TV or listen to music while playing. Although I believe that for good results, the player should be fully focused on the game.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I try to focus on the game as much as possible. I never listen to music while playing because music annoys me. But sometimes I can also watch TV.

tehb1987

tehb1987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Quite often on half monitor open any the film. Helps to survive the beginning of MTT without extra hands. In this format, not much delve into the game, as a consequence of the draw very few hands. And closely monitor the opponents do not see any sense, because too often change.
On the bubble exclusively watch the game, there is no time for movies. As well as in the prize area. All attention to the game.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to listen to rock music when i play

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Multitasking is always great idea :cool:

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It´s better when you focus all your attention in your game.I usually watch soccer or tennis while playing poker though:)

kleopatra123

kleopatra123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I playing poker with music and good coffee , I feel strictly relaxing , then I am focused on the game ! :elefant::musicus::icon_thum

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there
i only focus on the game which is already too much
lololol
rgds

pepsilv

pepsilv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Focusing on the game is the best, if there is distraction you miss alot while playing. It has happened to me many times. GL at the tables.

Bidolaha

Bidolaha

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I can play in different ways, and there are no special rules as such.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]I only play online poker listening to music and preferably, classical music, opera and old music.[/COLOR]​