Status
Not open for further replies.
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll never understand why you raise far less than pot preflop, but postflop, you're not afraid to stick a big fat pot sized be out there twice on a dry flop. Seriously, which do you think looks scarier? Which do you think people are more likely to call?

daxter70

daxter70

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ooops...and he flat called all the way to the river..:cool:

Attachments

• quad10sAAOMAHA.JPG
    quad10sAAOMAHA.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 132
Suited Frenzy

Suited Frenzy

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll never understand why you raise far less than pot preflop, but postflop, you're not afraid to stick a big fat pot sized be out there twice on a dry flop. Seriously, which do you think looks scarier? Which do you think people are more likely to call?

I already said that I 3bet weak pre-flop. I know this...

I admit that I played it weird, maybe that's why I got bad calls all the way & got the guy to stack off w/ less than middle pair.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ooops...and he flat called all the way to the river..:cool:

vnh! Nice to have someone come along for the ride when you flop top set. What'd he have, a set of 22's?

Pot it pf, re-raise pot on the flop, (check turn???? yikes!!!), get it in as quickly as possible!!!

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
blah
Grabbed by Holdem Manager
NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
SB ($2.55)
BB ($1.93)
Hero ($2.21)
UTG+1 ($0.58)
UTG+2 ($2)
MP1 ($1.10)
MP2 ($2.18)
CO ($1.75)
BTN ($4.89)

Dealt to Hero K K

Hero raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.06, fold, fold, BB calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.19) 5 Q J

BB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.12, CO folds, BB calls $0.08

TURN ($0.43) 5 Q J 6

BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

RIVER ($1.03) 5 Q J 6 Q

BB bets $1.03, Hero pulls his friggn hair out...

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woops I did it again...

NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Full Tilt
SB ($1.71)
BB ($2.04)
UTG ($2)
UTG+1 ($3.49)
Hero ($2.41)
MP1 ($4.34)
MP2 ($1.07)
CO ($1.21)
BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero J A

UTG checks, fold, Hero raises to $0.06, MP1 calls $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.17) T A 4

Hero bets $0.14, MP1 calls $0.14

TURN ($0.45) T A 4 Q

Hero bets $0.30, MP1 calls $0.30

RIVER ($1.05) T A 4 Q T

Hero bets $0.30, MP1 raises to $3.84 (AI), Hero folds

MP1 wins $1.54

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
blah
NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
SB ($2.55)
BB ($1.93)
Hero ($2.21)
UTG+1 ($0.58)
UTG+2 ($2)
MP1 ($1.10)
MP2 ($2.18)
CO ($1.75)
BTN ($4.89)

Dealt to Hero K K

Hero raises to $0.06, fold, fold, fold, fold, CO calls $0.06, fold, fold, BB calls $0.04

FLOP ($0.19) 5 Q J

TURN ($0.43) 5 Q J 6

BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, BB calls $0.20

RIVER ($1.03) 5 Q J 6 Q

BB bets $1.03, Hero pulls his friggn hair out...

That's what happens when you size your bets so small villain needs a microscope to read them.

No Brainer

No Brainer

Losing keeps me sane
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought 3x the original bet size was standard for a 3 bet... I have just started playing cash games so would be interested in what you think would be better sized bets for this situation...

I know it is super micros so it sometimes takes a bit more to get people of hands which they have hit something but in this type of situation I kind of want him to stay in the hand to get more value from it right?

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can't remember who said it but yeah I am way too aggressive. I'm not laggy, something like 21/19 at 6-max, and as low as 10/9 at FR, i'm just a spew tard and I bet till they fold :)

On related news, since I spent all my bankroll on crack(poker), I now have a grand total of $2.78 across FT and PS, thanks to rakeback and a small freeroll win (PS loves brits hard).

Lets see if i'm broke by the end of the hour, go go go.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol at buying in for $1.95 and $.83, now i'm depressed...go go go!

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ship the all-in pre with 77 against the guy who went all-in 3 times in a row. I win flips apparently. Boo the rag flop with AK on the button in a 3-bet pot.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol 2nl-aments, i got a lil mad before realising he had like 20cents.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (6 handed) - Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

MP ($2.32)
CO ($0.19)
Button ($1.68)
SB ($0.82)
BB ($1.57)
Hero (UTG) ($1.23)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 10
club.gif
, 10
spade.gif

Hero bets $0.08, 1 fold, CO calls $0.08, Button calls $0.08, SB calls $0.07, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.34) 9
club.gif
, 5
heart.gif
, 2
heart.gif
(4 players)
SB bets $0.04, Hero raises to $0.30, CO calls $0.11 (All-In), Button calls $0.30, SB raises to $0.74 (All-In), Hero raises to $1.15 (All-In), Button calls $0.85

Turn: ($3.49) Q
spade.gif
(4 players, 3 all-in)

River: ($3.49) 5
club.gif
(4 players, 3 all-in)

Total pot: $3.49 | Rake: $0.23

Results:
Button had A
heart.gif
, 7
heart.gif
(one pair, fives).
SB had K
spade.gif
, 9
spade.gif
(two pair, nines and fives).
Hero had 10
club.gif
, 10
spade.gif
(two pair, tens and fives).
CO had K
heart.gif
, Q
heart.gif
(two pair, Queens and fives).
Outcome: Hero won $2.53, CO won $0.73

Argh PS doesn't always pop up and I folded KK, fml.

I am up to $5 though woooo.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought 3x the original bet size was standard for a 3 bet...

you should not size your bet in relation with the size of villain's bet. You should size it in relation to the size of the pot.

When you do this:

FLOP ($0.19) 5 Q J

by calling villain's bet, the pot would be $0.27. By raising another $0.08, you make a raise of 30% of the pot. That's tiny. Pot sized raise would be $0.31. Something around $0.25 - i.e. 80% of the pot size - would be quite appropriate here, imo.

Last edited:
slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vnh! Nice to have someone come along for the ride when you flop top set. What'd he have, a set of 22's?

Pot it pf, re-raise pot on the flop, (check turn???? yikes!!!), get it in as quickly as possible!!!

Oops, just noticed his hand, not used to seeing that screenshot :eek: duh - rivered quads lol. Even more important to get the money in earlier...

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sigh, I really really hate poker at the moment. Running like dog-shit will do that to you. Its the first time in my poker career that ive experienced a 25buyin downswing. I sat down to play last night and realised that before i even opened a table that I was actually on tilt (wtf) so i didnt play.

TBH I've been massively neglecting my game as well, no study, no nothing, suppose thats gonna have to change in the next few months.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woo, finsihed the short session at a bankroll total of $6.81. Was at $8 something at one point but I can in no way complain haha. Might play later if I feel the urge.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sigh, I really really hate poker at the moment. Running like dog-shit will do that to you. Its the first time in my poker career that ive experienced a 25buyin downswing. I sat down to play last night and realised that before i even opened a table that I was actually on tilt (wtf) so i didnt play.

TBH I've been massively neglecting my game as well, no study, no nothing, suppose thats gonna have to change in the next few months.

Wow, that sucks. It will turn around eventually, good call on just not playing last night. I've had a 30 buy-in swong, but i'm not a winning player, I just suck :). It WILL turn around tenbob. How is live poker treating you atm? (I think you play live?)

IveGot0uts

IveGot0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the same spot as you tenbob. I have suddenly lost the ability to win. Thankfully it was preceded by a nice heater, so its not killing me, but its killing me. 750 dollars in under 5k hands split between 25nl and 50nl. If my stretch reaches the 25BI mark I'll be looking to set a baby on fire.

I've been neglecting the studies too. Guess the poker gods are issuing a reprimand. pokerstars bonus bonanza right now between reload, stellar, and sale are about all thats kept me solvent. I almost wish I was playing poorly so I could wrap my head around it.

Oh well, sleep for 6ish hours, then off to work where I start the upswing... or else.

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the same spot as you tenbob. I have suddenly lost the ability to win. Thankfully it was preceded by a nice heater, so its not killing me, but its killing me. 750 dollars in under 5k hands split between 25nl and 50nl. If my stretch reaches the 25BI mark I'll be looking to set a baby on fire.

I've been neglecting the studies too. Guess the poker gods are issuing a reprimand. Pokerstars bonus bonanza right now between reload, stellar, and sale are about all thats kept me solvent. I almost wish I was playing poorly so I could wrap my head around it.

Oh well, sleep for 6ish hours, then off to work where I start the upswing... or else.

I don't enjoy setting babies on fire, but sometimes it's necessary.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well that's actually a good thing. If you were putting in the study hours and still losing, then there'd be a genuine fear that you may no longer 'have it'.

Just get in HA more, re-read old strategy posts you remember being helpful, watch some videos etc. You'll be fine :)

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wat? The superbowl is not football, it's americanfootball. Nothing in common.

Turns out that Jake is actually the smartest Englishman ever.

Last edited:
Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hahah I love the fact you edited haha!

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am still trying to understand what they consider a touchdown in Frenchfootball.

Status
Not open for further replies.