****Juggernaut June Poker Chat Thread******

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, reading all these 50nl hand histories from rex or zach is tilting me. Are you guys broke or something?

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^any stats on the guy? tygran not rex

On the laptop so no stats

he's kinda laggy preflop but a total nit post and i've yet to see him run a big bluff over a decent sample

he also is usually very quick with all his actions and uses the check/fold btn... his timing was way off both with his flop and turn check and i just don't see him doing that c/r with 2 pair or worse (not to mention it's hard for him to have AK with 3 kings accounted for)

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also, reading all these 50nl hand histories from rex or zach is tilting me. Are you guys broke or something?

I'm learning teh 6 max.

It's going ok (check out wicked spike on end of graph)

6max2

Will move back to 100nl once I'm comfy.

Saying that though I've been thinking that even when I do start playing 100nl 6 max I'll drop in some 50nl sessions if I have a small downswing (5 buy-in type) or just feel it's the right day for it. I also think I'll end up dabbling with 200nl again without feeling hte need to make it a permanent move. Might write some more about this when I work out what I mean.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yey, moved up to 5nl today at 20BI's planned on taking a lil 3-4BI shot, only played 500 hands, made 2BI's there though so hopefully thats me playing at 5nl from now :D Obv its 6max so i aint gonna count my chickens, there could always be a bad ass swing round the corner but confidence is high atm.confidence is high :D

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stacking the drooler fish on your right cause he paid you off with TPTK and no redraw then watching him reload might be the best feeling playing PLO

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
too nitty? (i really think the guy had aces...player specific read here)

PokerStars, $0.10/0.25 Pot limit Omaha Cash Games, 6 Players
Hand Converter by Pokerhand.org

Board:
HERO (Button): $75.55
corhydron (SB): $42.95
OGENEO (BB): $8.55
Team Dukers (UTG): $27.50
absenty13 (UTG+1): $34.15
georgzaza (CO): $13.90

Dealt to HERO K 8 K 9

Pre-flop:
(1 folds), absenty13 raises to $.85, (1 folds), HERO calls $.85, (1 folds), OGENEO calls $.60

Flop: ($2.65) 7 A 3 (3 Players)
OGENEO checks, absenty13 checks, HERO checks

Turn: ($2.65) K (3 Players)
OGENEO checks, absenty13 bets $1, HERO raises to $4, (1 folds), absenty13 raises to $14.55, (1 folds), absenty13 returns $10.55

Results:
absenty13 wins $10.15

if he's at all on the straight forward/tight/non-crazy side then yeah this is pretty much always AA. even if he's not really in that category, this is probably AA most of the time but against players who overvalue badly i guess you can be good often enough to call

in related news, i've been getting interested in PLO, watching some vids, got a book still to read, and am considering making a switch or at least playing both games. the variance scares me though

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if he's at all on the straight forward/tight/non-crazy side then yeah this is pretty much always AA. even if he's not really in that category, this is probably AA most of the time but against players who overvalue badly i guess you can be good often enough to call

in related news, i've been getting interested in PLO, watching some vids, got a book still to read, and am considering making a switch or at least playing both games. the variance scares me though

Yes the swings can be super scary

however I'm absolutely in love with the game... it's way more interesting than hold em.

I'm basically playing it full time now.

and the fish are everywhere and they are oh so bad

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
based on ur reads and timing tells, i think its safe to say that he has AA the majority of the time, it really is the only hand that would make sense c/r this turn

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shitty pay generally, actual work and responsibilities involved, getting up on time really sucks, and I have a gf so hot girls don't matter anymore. Sigh.

Honestly if your working a mall job I would assume its 30 hours a week at the absolute most while in grad school. That being said your also working for minimum wage 99% of the time and therefore are looking at a paycheck after taxes of about $175 doing some quick math there anyway. I was able to sustain a 6.75BB/100 over 107k hands at 25NL on stars, 9 tabling. If you put in 30 hours a week at this win rate, even on a bad month with lots of variance your looking at a $400+ month most likely, good months you could easily be around $600-800, I personally just made $890 this month at 25NL over 65k hands(was quite a heater mixed in there too). If you can cash out at the end of each month and not need to have a check every week I think its realistic to substitute this. Especially since that doesn't factor in cash bonuses. Plus with the mall are you factoring in Gas to get back and forth to your job? Any costs to buy your work attire/uniform....Just something to think about. Ultimately it comes down to what win-rate your capable of sustaining through variance, what limit your playing and how dependant you are on the money. I'm far from a pro, I don't rely on my poker money, and I play strictly for the challenge so I suppose theres a lot less pressure on my actual play, but just my 2 cents.:cool:

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why is it at the end of every month I run like dog turd! Totally wrecks my month, dang it!

Irexes

Irexes

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Must be international stack-a-fish-with-quads day

poker stars, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker
BB: $46.85 (93.7 bb)
MP: $56.10 (112.2 bb)
CO: $50.85 (101.7 bb)
Hero (BTN): $50 (100 bb)
SB: $15.25 (30.5 bb)
Pre-Flop: Hero is BTN with T
club.gif
T
spade.gif

MP folds, CO raises to $2, Hero calls $2, 2 folds
Flop: ($4.75) 6
heart.gif
heart.gif
T
diamond.gif
(2 players)
CO bets $3.50, Hero raises to $11, CO raises to $32, Hero raises to $48 and is all-in, CO calls $16
Turn: ($100.75) J
club.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: ($100.75) T
heart.gif
(2 players, 1 is all-in)
Results: $100.75 pot ($2 rake)
CO showed A
heart.gif
J
spade.gif
(two pairs, Jacks and Tens) and lost (-$50 net)
Hero showed T
club.gif
T
spade.gif
(four of a kind, Tens) and won $98.75 ($48.75 net)

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Grinding like hell today to try to retain my VIP status on i-poker. 2000 hands, 3 sets :( I run like shit.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Having your internet crash on the weekend and the repair guy not coming until monday is seriously ev- imo :(.

Also @ C9, your a chemist right?
How to you clean glycerine?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Remember at the start of the year i was like the only person who played omaha as their main game and you all made fun of me??? Screw you all backstabbing sob's

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no you played omaha sngs which is still worthy of being made fun of for

omaha cash is where it's at

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sorry i couldn't hear you over the sound of how awesome i am

it was O8 sng's anyway, which are infinitely cooler than this 'I only want to play for high coz I can't work out how i can have 2 hands at once' crap

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no you played omaha sngs which is still worthy of being made fun of for

omaha cash is where it's at

^^ qft

I need to get up and leave but i'm on the left of such a bad fish who keeps reloading right now lol

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah that KK hand is a snapfold when he bet/3-bets that board if he's a nit. I'm just wondering whether raise/fold or just flatting the turn bet is better.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think i'm on board with raising turn vs. most players, but i might make it a little smaller actually like $3, planning to fold to a 3bet. he underbet the turn quite a bit so you can sorta think of it as just betting our hand, and i think we get value from enough two pairs (w/ or w/o a straight draw or whatever) and whatnot, also undersets even though i think that's a really small part of his range -- probably not that many 33/77 hands he raises PF and he's a lot more likely to bet those on the flop than AA which has the board fairly crippled

so even though there's not that much he can have i don't mind letting him try to find some reason to call with worse, especially when we can make it just $3 and get away when he 3bets really cheaply and easily since he's almost forced to turn his hand face-up when he has it

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing back against the aggressive button stealers and c betters is teh nuts...

Stacks:
I with 2

hand.pl

Blinds:
Site: Full Tilt Poker
Dealt to ChipaJones:T♦ J♦
Sklansky group 3
Preflop:
6 players fold.
nvillaco raises to $1 chipajones raises to $3.25
1 players fold.
nvillaco calls [$2.25]
Total folds this street: 7
Flop: 9♠ J♠ J♣ Hero checks nvillaco bets [$3] chipajones calls [$3]
Turn: K♣ chipajones bets [$12.75] nvillaco raises to $19.01, and is all in chipajones calls [$6.26] nvillaco shows : K♥ 10♣ Hero shows : 10♦ J♦
River: J♥ nvillaco shows a full house, Jacks full of Kings Hero shows four of a kind, Jacks Hero wins the pot ($48.24) with four of a kind, Jacks

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fr reg lays down his trap card as table breaks

party poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players

BB: $84.90 (84.9 bb)
Hero (SB): $154.66 (154.7 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is SB with A
spade.gif
diamond.gif

Hero raises to $3, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6) 3
diamond.gif
spade.gif
J
spade.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($6) 4
diamond.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($6) 8
club.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

Results: $6 pot ($0.30 rake)
BB showed A
heart.gif
A
club.gif
(two pairs, Aces and Fours) and won $5.70 ($2.70 net)
Hero showed A
spade.gif
diamond.gif
(a pair of Fours) and lost (-$3 net)

Approx 17 seconds later on another table, i activate his trap card

Party Poker, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 7 Players

Hero (BB): $121.20 (121.2 bb)
MP1: $40.28 (40.3 bb)
MP2: $214.80 (214.8 bb)
MP3: $102.15 (102.2 bb)
CO: $101.90 (101.9 bb)
BTN: $39 (39 bb)
SB: $134.15 (134.2 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with A
spade.gif
A
heart.gif

MP1 raises to $3.50, 4 folds, SB raises to $6, Hero raises to $21.50, MP1 folds, SB calls $15.50

Flop: ($46.50) 6
spade.gif
club.gif
T
diamond.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $31, SB calls $31

Turn: ($108.50) 2
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $59, SB calls $59

River: ($226.50) Q
club.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $9.70 and is all-in, SB calls $9.70

Results: $245.90 pot ($3.00 rake)
Hero showed A
spade.gif
A
heart.gif
(a pair of Aces) and won $242.90 ($121.70 net)
SB showed K
heart.gif
A
diamond.gif
(high card Ace) and lost (-$121.20 net)

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wait that's a "reg"??? everest mbn