Joking at the tables

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i dont care what people say to me joking or not..I am a happy person 995 of the time. If they talk about my mother who passed when i was 12 thats another story. i still would not get mad enough to do anything..

B

benspocket

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
a joke is ine as longas its not aim tords a plsyer which happen a lot, i have had it hhhhhappen to me all the time

D

dejan85

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes why not,but very diffrent is when someone joke and other bad behavior..

Fernanda37

Fernanda37

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats don't botter me, I just keep playing, and sometimes Im in the joking too lol

mammadduke

mammadduke

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ignore them if its rude and or foul talking.. I'm too old and wise to spend my time participating in the ignorance of others..can I get an AMEN...

S

Sourtubbie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have tried on different hats when it comes to taking a joke and find some of the South Americans have the funniest insults for me and my mother! I got more into the ignore aspect after playing to many tables,it also disconnected a few friendships I had made through the tables but I can not constantly be watching the boxes.

Padlington

Padlington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am fairly thick skinned and can take any form of abuse against myself but reference to my mother this is not to my liking and i would block anyone who makes derogative remarks

G

guster_bulan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best method is that of not taking into account other players jokes, in this way it can not affect the game, because that is the purpose behind those jokes.

TheFastFeet

TheFastFeet

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just Smile and say something nice to joking funny person :D

J

J777777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just Smile and say something nice to joking funny person :D

I am all for Jokes :D
I just have this Self Imposed rule of not chatting in poker games:)
But I do love it when people crack jokes at the table. But very few guys joke about.

Most of the lot, just abuse and shout their frustrations out for loosing their silly hand. What I find even more funny is that they will abuse someone in Brazilian or Russian etc etc ....when the other guy only knows English:D:D:D. I mean if you are a busy abusing someone, make it know to the intended person. The intended guy may otherwise think you are complimenting his hand hahahaha:D:D:D:D:D:D

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you interfere and block the chat. You can reply something offensive.

T

Two6JJ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jokes are fine as long as they are reasonably told. If someone just wants to spew filth trying to tilt the table, then I would rather they keep it to themselves.

RogerG2k

RogerG2k

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd rather be quieter serious and I'm not playing around the tables because I think you lose focus a bit so I prefer to be more serious.

MDTed

MDTed

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tend to play live at the same time so I also tend to play with a lot of the same people. There is a lot more joking around with them than you see at other tables and other times where it's mostly 9 people you don't know. Makes it more enjoyable because you know nothing is seriously said, it's all jokes. Including making fun of their play, the betting, the cards, everything.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What you said in your original post is not a joke but insulting. If you can't come back with a really cutting and witty put down to make him out to be a clown, the best practice is just to ignore the retard.
For really good put downs go to 'Google'

trezvennick

trezvennick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is wrong to make fun of a man, his mother or his kind of playing! I for positive humor, which brings a smile instead of anger and frustration!

B

BJThomas204

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Silence is golden. I just let out a sneaky one and join in when everyone begins holding their noses and looking around with meaningful judgement and they logically attempt to trace the pungent aroma enveloping their very lungs. Then I push All-In.

D

ds276

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are such tables at which people from the different countries sit, with different traditions, speak different languages. There are real jokers, and sometimes and just clowns. But in the majority rivals try to offend. Therefore I treat communication and jokes at a table according to a situation - sometimes I try to support a conversation, sometimes I joke itself, sometimes I don't answer or I ignore.

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
f

be rude at tables is a good strategy cause a tilt player will call you more times.....so you need to pay attention Sometimes you need to be focus at your game and not be affected from other players

M

mikey481968

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey if some one calls out a mom joke on you why canyt u get up and punch them in the face just saying right any other jokes are game

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been lucky enough that I haven't faced anyone at a live table who was too obnoxious...nobody like Will Kassouf anyway. I usually find someone to politely chat with in between hands, but don't say much at the table. I can take a joke, but I do not see how it can really be used as a tactic because I couldn't care less what someone thinks of my play or tries to insult me....that's OK....they mean nothing to me, so their opinion of me has zero effect.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I very rarely write in chat when playing !!! Chat distracts from the game and I can make a mistake and one error enough to fly out from the tournament !!!!

J

J777777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Silence is golden. I just let out a sneaky one and join in when everyone begins holding their noses and looking around with meaningful judgement and they logically attempt to trace the pungent aroma enveloping their very lungs. Then I push All-In.

Lol ! This is a very weird strategy:D:D:D
Thank goodness I don't play live.

be rude at tables is a good strategy cause a tilt player will call you more times.....so you need to pay attention Sometimes you need to be focus at your game and not be affected from other players

Being rude is gonna distract your own self first:) & make you lose even your peace of mind; & will get you banned lol:p

SaintNick1968

SaintNick1968

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that jokes on the table are fine (and I'm not adverse to using that chat on a site for no reason except to chat to other players and enjoy the game more, as I have said before). However, if people are rude or disrespectful, then I block them, and if they swear or persistently bully then I might consider reporting them. It just comes down to being a decent human being and not being a moron, just like in any other aspect of life. Come on you guys who like to 'be rude at the tables is a good strategy.' Get a life*.

*I say that and I'm currently commenting on an online poker forum