Jeff Gross (Poker Pro) - Ask Me Anything!

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ask you Any thing right?

Jeff have you ever known of poker players having issues with anxiety bad enough that they've needed prescription medication like Beta Blockers such as Propranolol.?

I understand the world is changing and I've heard of public speakers, musicians, surgeons and even doctors using anxiety medication and nootropics to enhance their performance...

Would you consider it fair or unfair that some players are using anti-anxiety medication in order to have the advantage of calm nerves at the table...?

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

CardsChat Pro/Twitch Partnered Streamer
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, Jeff , i really enlojy your streaming and you help a lot to get a head with new tactcs
GL!
Thank you! Let me know if you have any questions!

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When does going all in preflop make sense?

L

leverpk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff!

Hi Jeff! Wish you all the best at the poker tables. My question is, how many buy ins do you recommend for SnG games with field 45-180 players on pokerstars on microstakes (0,50$-2,50$)? What kind of ROI is good on this stakes?

Martin

Martin

Scokyl's Scoundrels
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi Jeff, now you are a partypoker pro what do you think of the changes that are up coming, enforced username changes and no tracking software allowed? Any idea on how this may affect your own game, will you be playing less tables than you usually do for instance?

P

pokerpie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Jeff, love watching your stream whenever you are live, always gaining meaninful knowledge and positive vibes from the flowshow. Quick side question, one of the reasons I enjoy watching is because of the constant "positive energy" you bring to poker. Is there anything like a daily ritual you do to keep your energy levels high and staying so focused for those long grind sessions? Thank you ahead of time.

R

ravna1992

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, Jeff! Greetings from Uzbekistan! I have a question. Why and how you choose poker? Why not forexample law, bank or IT?

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Jeff ! I don't know if anyone asked this question yet but I want to know if I wanted to make a living playing poker and I am a good micro/low stakes grinder what would be the next step for me to take it to midstakes and be a winning player ?
Should I invest in software, coaching sites or something else ? If I should then what software or site would it be ?
PS I like the youtube chanell I am not on twitch that much. Love the podcasts love the educational content keep it up!

Intako

Intako

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any tips on how to deal with a annoying player?

C

chippyrob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi jeff i would like to ask how you deal with a player who goes all in every hand (online ) and always seems to win with terrible cards... how do you deal with something like this? probably not worth your time but i always get suckered into calling with a premium hand and lose to terrible cards from a pro's point of view what would you advise me?

thanks

robert

Z

ZchryLrsn

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
New players

Yo Jeff, After learning preflop, what would you say the most important thing for getting down post flop is - like what's the 80/20 of it - the 20% of things you can focus on to get 80% of the results? (Cash games)

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any tips on how to deal with a annoying player?
Completely ignore them! Don't let them irritate you & if they do do not let them know they are!

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Congrats on the new member of your family.

I have a legitimate question this time around it is the same as Martin above.

What are your thoughts on recent changes on Party? (Alias change HUD and Hand History Removal and minimum 100BB on cash games)

And would these changes benefit players?

Note if you do not want to comment as being a part of the Party Team I would totally understand.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Hi Jeff! Prompt beginner couple of basic rooms with good free turnirami.Spasibo!

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

Hey Jeff, I'm a big fan of yours. One question......what or who inspired you to play poker

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff! I would like to ask you how you handle your anxiety when in a long time of the tournament you do not get good cards?

C

cardshark944

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Frustrated with ACES

I would appreciate some help on playing ACES early in the tournament. It seems that I either get way too many callers preflop raising to 8 big blinds or so....and i'm tired of shoving 80 big blinds all in preflop. I'd appreciate your perspective.

C

closekrop

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How you play poker a lot of years in a row?:

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Doubt?

Good morning Jeff, I have a curiosity, I know that you are excellent player in percentage how many times you can get ITM in tournaments.
I see videos of professional players saying that players who are profitable get ITM, on average 30%.
I usually see your broadcasts on Twich, partypoker.:)

R

rubywesson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi jeff

Just wondering if nl 6 max has a higher variance than 9max nl

Thanks for your input
Matt

K

Kadgaron

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Jeff! I have a question for you: who is your idol in poker? Thank you.

A

arie_0444

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Jeff! I am a big fan of yours and really enjoying your podcasts! I recently watched your podcast with Fedor Holz and I was wondering what your thoughts on his new course coming out called Pokercode? I have been saving up to get a training course for awhile and have been leaning towards RYE masterclass but now I am kind of curious as to how good this Pokercode could be and just wanted to get your thoughts? I know its not released but I am sure it is going to be good. Based on your interactions with Bencb and Fedor which one would be the better "teacher" in your mind and maybe present concepts and strategies the best. I know you have used the TMC in the past but just wanted your thoughts on maybe what you think and if your intrigued by Fedor's course? Thanks!

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Jeff! I am a big fan of yours and really enjoying your podcasts! I recently watched your podcast with Fedor Holz and I was wondering what your thoughts on his new course coming out called Pokercode? I have been saving up to get a training course for awhile and have been leaning towards RYE masterclass but now I am kind of curious as to how good this Pokercode could be and just wanted to get your thoughts? I know its not released but I am sure it is going to be good. Based on your interactions with Bencb and Fedor which one would be the better "teacher" in your mind and maybe present concepts and strategies the best. I know you have used the TMC in the past but just wanted your thoughts on maybe what you think and if your intrigued by Fedor's course? Thanks!
Hello, yes I have used the RYE program for years now and believe a lot in this. Fedor's program I believe will be great and I don't think you can go wrong with one or other. I have a section on my web page w/ the discounts: https://www.jeffgrosspoker.com/ryejeff

Jeff Gross

Jeff Gross

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Jeff! I have a question for you: who is your idol in poker? Thank you.
Hello! Idol not sure could say but looking back on my history of the game I would say Antonio, Rast, Laak, DNegs & Hellmuth I really admire how have stood the test of time and knowing them well on a personal level I really respect them so those are just to name a few!

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Doubt?

Good afternoon, Jeff, what year did you start playing poker?
How long did it take for you to become a profitable player?
And what advice do you have for anyone who is starting out whether you want to be a profitable player?
Thank you in advance, a hug.