*** January's Juxtaposed Pokahz Chat ***

SavagePenguin

SavagePenguin

Put the win in penguin
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
About the blog: sorry, I even wrote a blog post, but there are some things I'd rather everyone in real life who has my poker screen name not know. I had the choice to either just water it down and provide very little content or simply not post. Obviously I've picked the latter ;).

New blog, new alias IMO. And I think Vanquish should pick the new alias\blog title. I suggest something like "Your nuts give me a straight"

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this how you win no showdown pots?

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP with 2
spade.gif
diamond.gif

UTG folds, Hero raises to $60, CO calls $60, 3 folds

Flop: ($150) 6
club.gif
diamond.gif
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $125, CO calls $125

Turn: ($400) K
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $255, Hero raises to $700, CO folds

Results: $910 pot ($3 rake)
Hero mucked 2
spade.gif
diamond.gif
(a pair of Twos) and won $907 ($467 net)

I think I may have become a little too weak-tight postflop due to the crazy amount of aggression I'm facing. Therefore, I'm now rewatching the first Lightsabers series on Deucescracked which should point me in the right direction as far as postflop moves and proper spots to apply them go.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must admit, I really like Deuces Cracked up to now!

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saw Flop = True, Flop Continuation Bet Made = True, Saw Showdown = False
+1.03BB (Big Blinds)

Saw Flop = True, Turn Continuation Bet Made = True, Saw Showdown = False
+1.69BB (Big Blinds)

Saw Flop = True, River Bet = True, Saw Showdown = False
+6.91BB (Big Blinds)

OK, so I filtered my 20k hands at 100NL full ring playing 15/13/3, when I was winning 8bb/100 in NSD (bb = big blind) and losing 1.5 bb/100 in SD.

Saw Flop = True, Flop Continuation Bet Made = True, Saw Showdown = False: +3.2 bb/hand over 465 hands

Saw Flop = True, Turn Continuation Bet Made = True, Saw Showdown = False: +9.6 bb/hand over 55 hands

Saw Flop = True, River Bet = True, Saw Showdown = False: +10.6 bb/hand over 129 hands

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
zach, how many hours/day do you have to average for elite?

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is this how you win no showdown pots?

I like. :D

I think I may have become a little too weak-tight postflop due to the crazy amount of aggression I'm facing.

Well, i'm probably weaker-tighter than you, but i obviously face a lot less aggression, which explains my positive NSD, imo.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, so I filtered my 20k hands at 100NL full ring playing 15/13/3, when I was winning 8bb/100 in NSD (bb = big blind) and losing 1.5 bb/100 in SD.

Saw Flop = True, Flop Continuation Bet Made = True, Saw Showdown = False: +3.2 bb/hand over 465 hands

Saw Flop = True, Turn Continuation Bet Made = True, Saw Showdown = False: +9.6 bb/hand over 55 hands

Saw Flop = True, River Bet = True, Saw Showdown = False: +10.6 bb/hand over 129 hands
Thanks for the numbers! It does seem like I get played back at more often which isn't at all surprising.
However, I still think that my postflop game is not aggro enough, so I'm definitely gonna be working on that.

There's always going to be a tradeoff between showdown pots and no showdown pots, but I'm positive that I ought to be able to maintain a breakeven NSD line.
Chuck is living proof that breakeven NSD + strong showdown winnings are possible at 2/4 and certainly above that as well.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is rather depressing and demoralizing.
I know other players get monster downswings going for months at a time.

But I just lost all desire to play. Can't win a pot over 20bb and it be frustrating..... Moving down doesn't seem to have helped me at all.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 4
zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol played some 400nl today, got a huge fish 3-handed along with a solid reg (who had played up to 2knl according to TR). Got AK vs. KJ AIPF full-stacked and obviously J on board. Lost a few coin flips and next thing you know I'm down 1k, ev-adjusted should be +200, poker's so much fun :).

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any one want to sweat me later on this weekend?
I can pay in form of verbal abuse ;)

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any one want to sweat me later on this weekend?
I can pay in form of verbal abuse ;)
I'll do session analysis. Sweats are lame, so hard to make good decisions in the heat of the moment.

And are you playing FR or 6-max?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll do session analysis. Sweats are lame, so hard to make good decisions in the heat of the moment.

And are you playing FR or 6-max?
both,but im focusing on 6max atm.
So i will just do a session and pm u the HH?

Thanks ill take your abuse now :)

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol ev-graph

Attachments

• graphsucks.jpg
    graphsucks.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 4
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is rather depressing and demoralizing.
I know other players get monster downswings going for months at a time.

But I just lost all desire to play. Can't win a pot over 20bb and it be frustrating..... Moving down doesn't seem to have helped me at all.

Break time, imo.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to have a "start time" but it appears my computer has taken the MLK holiday off as well, by crashing on me...

sigh...

oh and sidenote, blog update below

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
both,but im focusing on 6max atm.
So i will just do a session and pm u the HH?
Yeah, just shoot me about 500 hands. More than that, and the video I make will just be too long. Less, and you just won't be in many tough spots. And don't wait for a session where you think you play well. Showing me your spew can only help.

PS - Nice hand there around 140 or so zach.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Break time, imo.

^^^^ this. Enty just take a break from cash games m8. Better still give poker a break for a week or so. If you need a poker fix, play some $1 sng's or some other shit thats not gonna have much of an affect on your roll.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In other news, I just typed PS and it didn't turn into pokerstars. That's ****ing badass.

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, last 5 times i've gotten all-in with literally the nuts, i've lost 4 of them. of all the absurdity i could complain about, i guess i'll go with that one. losing almost every 80/20 preflop doesn't seem mentionable. OOPS

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol, last 5 times i've gotten all-in with literally the nuts, i've lost 4 of them. of all the absurdity i could complain about, i guess i'll go with that one. losing almost every 80/20 preflop doesn't seem mentionable. OOPS

ur playing tournaments right?
i never get it in 80/20 in ring games but then again i play fish stakes

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ya i'm playing double or nothings atm. the way i'm running i don't rly want to touch cash, and i need to clear this bonus in 3 days

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea i'm like 2/22 in double or nothings but i never get it in with the nuts, it's always like AT vs AJ

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^^^^ this. Enty just take a break from cash games m8. Better still give poker a break for a week or so. If you need a poker fix, play some $1 sng's or some other shit thats not gonna have much of an affect on your roll.

Break time, imo.

Yeah I definitely didn't play much in the past 2 days and really don't feel like playing more atm. I'll try and read more in har. on cash over the weekend and maybe check some of the free videos out on sites like stox and deucescracked..

lol ev-graph

I don't get the EV-Graph. If you lose a pot you should've won, shouldn't the EV-graph go opposite but equally big in profit ? How can it be almost straight like yours is ?

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get the EV-Graph. If you lose a pot you should've won, shouldn't the EV-graph go opposite but equally big in profit ? How can it be almost straight like yours is ?

Other than the one AK < KJ AIPF basically it means I lost a shitton of coinflips. my equity is close to 50-50 so the ev line goes straight but since I lose every coinflip the money line goes down :(.