I've created a new poker game

sickpuppy

sickpuppy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i myself feel thats just a game of luck. like was said maybe trweek it a little and maybe will be better for real money betting

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
wow man that would be a great game. the comments on that it would just be a game of luck are insane, you are allowed to look at your cards any time you wish, in the mean time apply pressure when and where you want and take a peak if some1 else puts the pressure, Great use of the imagination my hat is off to you , and would love to play your game.

K

kmbpoker

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
the 1 major downside to your game would be if players started marking cards you would need a lot of decks, in the old days i always brought new decks to the games and always looked for marked cards and almost always found em ,, make a big stink and bring out a new deck and it would usually stop, after the guilty party would flush a bit when i threw a stink and i would glare him down. but im sure it would happen in a game like this

S

Skidis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice to hear a new poker form ;) But I think it would be, as many already have said, a play with mostly luck and gambling. I also thinks that you will lost some of the biggest things about poker. How to read other players etc.

But if people play slot machines and so on, they would probably like this game too , but I am sorry to say its nothing for me.. :)

P

Punct

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think is funny and nice :)) but you should have lot of luck to win..

Henry Minute

Henry Minute

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't call that poker. Its the game of luck . Just im not interested in that.
You don't think Poker is mostly a game of luck anyway?

Pre flop, luck determines your hole cards and whilst there is a certain level of skill in not giving tells and representing or misrepresenting hands (bluffing) and also in deciding whether or not to play with them.

After the flop luck plays as much a part in the outcome as skill.

doncaster

doncaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people people people....this game already exists.There are players out there who already master this game.We call them DONKS.We criticise them regularly and they continue to bad beat us.We could actually show them our AA and raise and they will still call us whether they look at their hole cards or not.And,of course they beat us on the river.
While we are trying to play poker,they play Donker.
So,sorry Cards Chat but you get no royalties on this "new" game lol

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok let me understand this..

HU game (assuming it is only a 2 player game)

You get dealt (2 cards), and I get dealt (2 cards)..

Than if you choose to look at your cards, you than would have to flip your cards over (so I also get to see your cards).

Now assuming you look at your cards, than action is on me to call or RR in the dark, or call.

Assuming I call in the dark (you don't know my cards, but I know your cards).

Flop comes 792(R), and I see your cards, and you see your cards, and since I know you missed your flop, if you were to bet, than all I would have to do is choose and option to call or RR vs you (while all this time I am still in the dark as to my own cards).

Now assuming I chose to prior to calling your Cbet-looked at my cards (at this point I would also have to flip my cards over), am I missing something.

While I think the concept of the game is really well thought out theirs aspects to it which I do not like, hence the flipping my cards over once I looked at my cards, this in return would make me bluff less vs you since you can see my cards, and the same would also apply to you.

The idea of dark play is really good, the blind raising aspect is also good, but the flipping the cards aspect would need to be more thought about..

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
how about only showing 1 of your cards instead of both or 2 if its omaha

Math5oo1

Math5oo1

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a different version for ya which would make Holdem a bit more challenging.
Instead of the flop being 3 cards make it 1 card and then 3 cards and then the river. I've played it this way in our home games, it does make it harder. (1-3-1) We also played it as 2-1-2 (also not a bad option).
I guess you could also say 1-1-3 with 3 being the river but that would really make holdem poker a more a game of luck.

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, abou month ago I said this is lottery, but now I think this is a good idea. But you must show only 1 of your cards. So it would be tougher for opponents.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
That sounds great :)

I am playing poker with the family @ Christmas. We are going to my sisters for Christmas and she likes to play cards for money so I am teaching her how to play Texas Hold'em.

I was going to use my chips and play like a turbo tournament but there are too many players and I don't have enough chips.

I made up a different version of Texas Hold'em. My mum hates all the rounds of betting so this might work.

I am calling it Texas Hold'em survivor. Everyone pays something like £1 for the kitty and gets dealt their hole cards face up, so we all know what we have. We will make it fun and make fun of each other for having awful cards and everyone will learn how to play without learning about blinds. antes and betting rounds, as that always leads to arguments in my house :D

We will show the flop and tell people who is winning atm and who needs what to improve, we do that till the end. Then the winner will survive the first round of the game and the rest will then be dealt 1 card face up and the lowest card shown is eliminated out of the game. I will probably be using 2 as the lowest card and Ace as the highest, or let the table decide :)

I have seen if this game is possible with 10 people and it is just hope I don't keep getting doubles when dealing the eliminating cards at the end :D

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
New Poker game V2

Well I don't much like bring up new threads but I have yet again created a new poker game however this one isn't really a new game but a new structure

It would be for MTT's and it goes a little something like this (I don't think this exist I've never seen it)

MTT Name: Second chance (Subject to change)

MTT Type: Rebuy/Add-on- tournament (Unlimited) or ( 1 Rebuy) - (1-Addon)

Here's how it would work lets say a buy- in for a tournament is $100+9 if you get knocked out instead of having to pay $100+9 to get back in have the rebuy and Add-on are significantly smaller then the original entry. Lets say $10 for a Rebuy and Add on

What this would do is it would give players with smaller bankrolls a chance to take better mathematical shots at bigger games while not completely abandoning BRM.

Since you should have a larger Bank Roll to be playing in R/A then non R/A tournaments it can make shots harder as most games are rebuy tournaments and you are restricted to ONE bullet to where other players are able to take multiple chances due to a bigger Bank roll you are at a disadvantage

Also in an Add on tournament it makes it impossible to stand a decent chance if you can not Add-on as other players who you were ahead of are now all passed you and you drop to the bottom of the pact because they have larger bank rolls then you. This format would give smaller Bank rolls a fair level playing field (Money wise) as the other players.

It also gives lower stake players a chance to play in large(r) games

Benefits: With cheap Rebuys (compared to tournament buy in) the game would be unbelievably loose with players looking to double up or rebuy cheap and take multiple stabs at big prize pools. Which some players don't like but for a player playing solid this will be +EV for them in the long run.

It could potentially bring more fish into MTT's being able to take lots of shots at big prize pools may be fun to some of the recreational players $10-$30 to get back in to a $109 tournament ALRIGHT!! of course more fishy players the better it is for poker..

What do you think see any flaws or do you not like the idea? Tell me I.. I.. I can take it ='(

Disclaimer: ThisideawasthoughtupandpresentedbyS3mperofCardschatintheunlikelyeventthatthisbecomesathingpleasedon'tcuthimout100%asitwillmakehimverysadandpossiblycryandthrowahissyfitalsothisideacouldcauseyoutobecomepregnantifyoualreadyarepregnantithasachancetochangeyourmansbabyintohisbabydon'targuewiththisitisscience

Last edited:
Top 10 Games