Is it possible to win with a fragile mind?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do believe any player could win at any moment in time. The problem is could a person without a strong mind be a long-term winner? I am not sure it is likely.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Or maybe some could shatter the competition!?!?
ScreenHunter 13332

D

drdnd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
RO
Chips
You should study a lot to become a good poker player.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I don't understand what you mean with a fragile mind, someone desperate who pays for everything because there are many of those who are lucky and win

fryderyk

fryderyk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Even a weak player is able to win a tournament, a lot will happen in this case, but it can be. Poker is about skill and emotional control, anyone can learn it, even a weak player.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I already admire a lot that a fragile mind manages to survive in this wild world we live in, imagine in poker.

idhemmy

idhemmy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think that having a strong mindset is important for success in poker, but it's not impossible to win with a fragile mind. However, it may be more challenging to make clear-headed decisions and stay focused throughout a session

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
if a poker player cannot control his emotions it is very difficult to have good results

Fernando_RO

Fernando_RO

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
It's possible to win poker with a weak mind, but it's much harder. Poker requires mental skills such as attention, concentration, strategic reasoning and the ability to control emotions. If someone has a weak mind, they may struggle to maintain their focus and concentration for long periods of time, which can affect their ability to make well-informed decisions.

Plus, poker can be emotionally challenging. Players must be able to handle the pressure and stress of high stakes, bad streaks and the emotions of other players at the table. If someone has a weak mind, they may be more susceptible to the influence of emotions, which can affect their decision-making and their ability to keep their game under control.

That said, mental strength isn't the only factor that determines whether someone can win at poker. Other factors such as skill in the game, strategy, experience and luck also play an important role.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Definitely not. With a fragile mind, you will lose 90% of tournaments. There will be losses, followed by tilt. Preparation is necessary; you should not play tournaments without preparation.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In this game, it matters a lot how you think and how you control your emotions

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Highly unlikely to win with a fragile mind..
Strong mindset is necessary for consistent win rate.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
It all depends on the desire and ability to achieve something in poker, laziness is the main enemy, not the mind, a player can reach any heights in poker, regardless of status, luck also plays a major role.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A fragile mind is capable of defeating whatever the circumstances. Best not to risk it and prepare for when you have 100% potential in your mind. Poker also depends a little on luck, but relying on luck alone will be an inevitable defeat.

kunkgreen

kunkgreen

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Why brain if you can win like every dominated hand! hahaha
Incredible!

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I suppose one could break even or even stay a bit above water, but no clue how one could ever enjoy the experience.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The answer is no.

Only by a miracle can you win any game with a fragile mind.

Even with the best strategy, without a solid and structured emotional structure, you will not be a profitable player.

What do you think about this?
accordingly

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The answer is no.

Only by a miracle can you win any game with a fragile mind.

Even with the best strategy, without a solid and structured emotional structure, you will not be a profitable player.

What do you think about this?
I think that could be my problem. I get too emotional and just start going all in with nothing

L

loungehaiin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IN
Chips
I completely agree, there is nothing to do in poker without strong nerves.:)

whinwa

whinwa

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd say anyone even the most weak minded person can get lucky and win a tournament.

So short-term yes, anyone can win. Long-term not so much? It's not the winning with a fragile mind that is hard - It's surviving badbeats and variance/downswings.

Also not sure why you make a post with a question and then give the answer right below as you've already made up your mind :D

Gh0stL

Gh0stL

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Hi, I think that is difficult, because you need have autocontrol in every situation that we pass in every hand, because our mood react at every result and we should control our mind to play well.

ghitocarcia

ghitocarcia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Of course it is possible to win, but for this situation to occur, the luck factor has to enter, generally in order to win without much influence by luck, you have to have a well-focused mind and, if possible, practice some meditation. at least that's what some professionals advise.