Is it possible to pursue a career like Negreanu's?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I once won 2 large field private forum freerolls on the very same day :) (I'd bet Negreanu hasn't done that). I also won a winner take all freeroll (all-in preflop) - 1st of 3,600 players. And I can't count how many times I made top 72 in the 10,000 entrant Hubbles Freeroll on pokerstars

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
let's say that the negreanu has a natural gift similar to Messi and the other players would be like cristiano Ronaldo trying their best and dedicating a lot to get close to the same result.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's possible, you will need some backers with deep pockets though.

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can achieve a career like those of poker professionals. But we must make a lot of effort and fight for those goals. Never lower your arms going for those dreams.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes it is, but prepare to put in a lot of work and be willing to accept defeat and get back up and start again. Remember Mr Negreanu went back home broke a few times to earn more cash to keep going back.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Possible but for those who have the gift

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It's possible, and I'd go so far as to say that you can achieve greater success like him. But for this you need to study and work very hard, and play tournaments with an entry fee of $10,000 or more)

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am just happy to be able to learn many things from him and also happy to live during his time. Most players are not able to dedicate so much time like him to poker, never mind his passion for the game.

J

jeffery.ollsan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
MR
Chips
As mentioned already, everything is possible and sky is the limit. But...

... every person who plays soccer competitively asks himself, can I be like Messi, like Ronaldo?
... every person who plays basketball competitively asks himself, can I be like Lebron, like Jordan?
... every person who plays hockey competitively asks himself, can I be like Gretzky, like Howe?

And it doesn't go like that for for sports only (I'm kinda throwing Poker in e-sports category here, even though it isn't), but in all the areas where money and fame is involved. Everyone business owner or investor would like to achieve Musk or Bezos levels. Every scientist wants to discover or invent something groundbreaking. Every gardener wants his flowers to be most beautiful. Heck every Pokemon trainer wants to catch em all! Did anyone tried Pokemon Black Cheats here?

The thing is that's it's perfectly fine to have a dream and many goals in your life and to try your best to reach them, but at same time for the sake of ones health and sanity it's good to also know the reality. And reality is that only an extreme few make it to the top of the world. :)

Sometimes you can do your best you can and you sadly won't make it.

That's why I prefer to have many smaller easier achievable goals. When I reach them it makes me happy and that's all that matters. :)
Absolutely, you've captured a really important perspective there. It's true that many of us have these aspirational figures in our respective fields that we look up to and dream of emulating. Whether it's in sports, business, science, or any other area where achievement and recognition are significant, we often set our sights on the very top, hoping to reach the heights of those iconic figures who've left a mark on history.

But it's also crucial to acknowledge that the road to those lofty goals can be incredibly challenging. The reality is that only a tiny fraction of people actually make it to that pinnacle of success. It's a tough pill to swallow at times, especially when you're giving it your all and things might not be turning out as you hoped. And you're absolutely right, it's a balancing act between holding onto those dreams and being grounded in the reality of the situation.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be fair you can but you need to win a big tournament to have a nice bankroll to play big tournaments

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure you can, you just have to dedicate your life to getting better at DIFFERENT forms of poker, go through losing literal fortunes like Daniel has done and don't forget: going broke as in we can't pay the rent of mortgage this month, lol then the stress and the troubled lifestyle of being a high stakes player.

What you see, isn't the whole picture.

I really wish these folks would show you the "real" side of whats going on and what they're gone through and why even if you're successful at that, they still get out! lol.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, it is possible to pursue a career as a professional poker player like Daniel Negreanu. However, it takes a great deal of skill, dedication, and hard work to achieve the level of success that he has. It is also important to understand that the poker landscape has changed over the years, and the competition is more fierce than ever. Many players now utilize advanced strategies and technology to gain an edge, so it is important to stay up to date with the latest developments in the game. To succeed as a professional poker player, you need to be disciplined, patient, and willing to put in the time and effort necessary to hone your skills and compete at the highest level.
Daniel Negreanu is a poker idol! When I first started playing poker as a student, I always watched Negreanu play in big tournaments. I always wanted to become like Daniel, but for now I, like all the players on this forum, dream of becoming as rich and successful like Him. There's no doubt about it! And I will be very happy if at least one player on this forum can reach the same peaks of poker that Daniel has already reached. :cool::sneaky:

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, it is possible to pursue a career as a professional poker player like Daniel Negreanu. However, it takes a great deal of skill, dedication, and hard work to achieve the level of success that he has. It is also important to understand that the poker landscape has changed over the years, and the competition is more fierce than ever. Many players now utilize advanced strategies and technology to gain an edge, so it is important to stay up to date with the latest developments in the game. To succeed as a professional poker player, you need to be disciplined, patient, and willing to put in the time and effort necessary to hone your skills and compete at the highest level.
As already mentioned here, it is possible. And it all depends on how much you are willing to sacrifice to reach that level.
It's all up to you.

CollYan

CollYan

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
As far as I remember Daniel's biography, he started playing poker when he was a child, which means that experience is important in poker, so everyone may need to play more and improve their game.

ChubbySin

ChubbySin

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything is possible, you just need to do it!

DanielNeg

DanielNeg

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NP
Chips
Yes If I can do it you can as well😉
Just kidding however it is possible to achieve great success playing poker but remember you need to give everything to it.
You need to study alot you need to play alot inshort you should do nothing except playing poker if so you are likely to reach the top.
There will be lots of ups ans downs you will laugh and cry alot so get ready for the roller coaster of emotions!
FYI I am nobody I am also learning poker just like you so it’s upto you whether you take my advice or not since I am not in the position to teach anyone anything😃
Anyway wishing you best of luck!!

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Is it possible? Of course almost anything is. Maybe you have the right sequence of DNA and genetic makeup that is predisposed of poker skills. Maybe you have the financial means already at your disposal. At any rate we are still talking about immersing yourself in all things poker 24/7 for some years. Go for it! Perhaps in a few years I will be able to say that I met you at CardsChat!

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Well is not imposible but step by step is like starting a sport and want to be the best of that sport or at least the best 10 players all time. better start winning play profesional and go step by step it's highly unlikely but is not 0 percent

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Except in dreams. Or in a dream.

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rather than shooting to be like Mr. Negreanu go for making a living at poker, that in it's self is an accomplishment. Nothing wrong with shooting for the stars, just do not get frustrated if you don't make. Good Luck I wish you all the best.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello friend, I think that with dedication and effort you can become a great poker player, it is clear that nowadays it is a little more difficult to achieve it, but it's worth trying. Regards

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Whoever thinks and wants to, then definitely will not achieve this, they become like this from the gift of nature.

mateuszjason

mateuszjason

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
It is possible, astztsjo is possible.

Only the price is high. Be prepared to grind regularly for 6-10 hours a day.

Remember to analyse your game, pick the 5 most difficult hands from a session.

Throw them into the programme or talk to a colleague experienced with better results then you how he would play it from.

Enrol in a poker school, talk to the tereners, students.

Have nerves of steel, and the brain of a psychopath who is indifferent to painful swings.

Play focused, sober in the best form osychixnzjeni physical.

Adhere to strict bankrol management.

Have tremendous luck.

Win triple allin.

Can't remember what else.