Is it possible to pursue a career like Negreanu's?

R

rafffinamore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, it is possible to pursue a career as a professional poker player like Daniel Negreanu. However, it takes a great deal of skill, dedication, and hard work to achieve the level of success that he has. It is also important to understand that the poker landscape has changed over the years, and the competition is more fierce than ever. Many players now utilize advanced strategies and technology to gain an edge, so it is important to stay up to date with the latest developments in the game. To succeed as a professional poker player, you need to be disciplined, patient, and willing to put in the time and effort necessary to hone your skills and compete at the highest level.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Absolutely possible to do but as Debi said its very unlikely. The amount of work and dedication you need to apply to the game is huge and most people would not be able or more likely not willing to put in that much dedication.

I am a student of the game and in the last year put hundreds of hours into working on my game and what I have found, there is so much i did not know and still don't know. There was a processional poker player who one said this. well something close to this anyways. , When i decieded to play poker profesioanly I studied over 80+ hours a week and talked with other players outside study about poker for over 9 months and I did not play any poker.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, it's possible, as long as you dedicate yourself exclusively to poker, be professional and study harder, study a lot and do it with a lot of love and one day you'll get there.

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Most definitely....but do you really want to go hang around at venues, study the game then invest your savings?

Kid Poker was motivated by his passion for gambling, involving cards, could have easily been horse racing.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Sometimes dedication and comitment cant be enough to succed. Cant every player posses what Naegranu got. Everything is possible, sure, but also dreams aint true.

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Yes, it's possible, as long as you dedicate yourself exclusively to poker, be professional and study harder, study a lot and do it with a lot of love and one day you'll get there.

View attachment 329920
Nothing can be said surely like this. Its not every thing about study and stuff. Sometimes u have to be born with it.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
To dream, it is not enough just to close your eyes, you must forget everything and live only for your dream, as already mentioned, the improbable can happen, and turn into a nightmare, good luck and never give up

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes, it is possible to pursue a career as a professional poker player like Daniel Negreanu.
For me it would be impossible to reach the level of the fabulous Daniel Negreanu, you have to dedicate yourself, study and play a lot to reach that level, and for me age doesn't help much anymore.
I would be happy if one day I could personally meet this incredible player Daniel Negreanu, perhaps shaking his hand in a greeting, he conveyed some of his energy and knowledge.:)

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If he succeeded like others did, it means that anyone can do it!

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure it is possible but very difficult. Aside from the time and hard work you would have to have a good head for numbers.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
As mentioned already, everything is possible and sky is the limit. But...

... every person who plays soccer competitively asks himself, can I be like Messi, like Ronaldo?
... every person who plays basketball competitively asks himself, can I be like Lebron, like Jordan?
... every person who plays hockey competitively asks himself, can I be like Gretzky, like Howe?

And it doesn't go like that for for sports only (I'm kinda throwing Poker in e-sports category here, even though it isn't), but in all the areas where money and fame is involved. Everyone business owner or investor would like to achieve Musk or Bezos levels. Every scientist wants to discover or invent something groundbreaking. Every gardener wants his flowers to be most beautiful. Heck every Pokemon trainer wants to catch em all!

The thing is that's it's perfectly fine to have a dream and many goals in your life and to try your best to reach them, but at same time for the sake of ones health and sanity it's good to also know the reality. And reality is that only an extreme few make it to the top of the world. :)

Sometimes you can do your best you can and you sadly won't make it.

That's why I prefer to have many smaller easier achievable goals. When I reach them it makes me happy and that's all that matters. :)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i think only if you win from the first time you play very , very , very big ...I mean over 100k and from there you can grow...

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
everything is possible if you have the desire and incentive, and most importantly, the time you will have to devote to poker and climb the limits and spend a lot of time, especially now it will be worth your precious time if you are ready I think you can

P

pokerD

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I think there's a chance, but it's about the same size as the Royal Flush.

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Possible, but less likely.

ENRIQUE23977

ENRIQUE23977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is possible, but sometimes even the biggest ones suffer from Tilt. I don't know if being the best in the world sometimes goes to these players' heads.
I am a fan of Daniel Negreanu, but he also suffers from Tilt and seems to be worse off than Phil Helmuth now.
Daniel in Tilt
GGPoker Software crashing and anger accordingly
My God
The GGpoker Lobby hangs for me too :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
The truth is that we are all human and we can all fall on Tilt. Even the older ones have this problem.
The important thing is to keep trying.

Last edited:
PupsikCat

PupsikCat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
Study, study and study again
(с) V.I. Lenin

navicula

navicula

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Possible. Everyone has a chance...

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's difficult because you have to have a lot of money in the bank, then you can play poker.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Anything is possible, even becoming a great player.. But we must understand that this probability is negligible.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course, if you have the dedication, the bankroll and the skills you can do even better!

franciscomos

franciscomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I thinks poker is like any sport, you could do it great, but only a few people can reach levels like Cristiano Ronaldo, Messi or Michael Phelps, so as a conclusion I think that you have to try, practice and learn a los about poker to reach the maximum level of your skills and if you have the gift so maybe you could be better than Daniel :)

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If possible if you start with a good stack and you are very lucky, what a lot it takes