Is it Okay to Take Time Off?

Tomacco

Tomacco

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was thinking sometimes the stress is too much. Is it ok to take a week or a month off ,so i can refocus? I just fear - i might lose my touch with poker, and maybe forget valuable lessons.

Obviusly muazkk

all you feel is good for you, will be good for you..

You know that poker is a beautiful game, but it can be an illness too..

So, first your health

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely yes yes yes it is worth taking a break as it improves your skills Improves your mind Improves your health improves your life and significantly Improves your game

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You might find some new perspective.

B

binalf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you lead a reasonably normal life, the breaks are inevitable. otherwise even the professionals need a break

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely take breaks from time to time. I can tell when I need a break when my play gets sloppy. A couple days or longer away definitely helps and I almost always come back with better play. I also use breaks to study and try to identify and fix leaks in my game.

E

emisalvo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it is necessary to take a free time and rest or think a little!

A

Airles17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it can be a good alternative yes.
stopping for breath is always good, but I recommend learning to deal with the situation that makes you lose your mind.

D

DenGybka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, of course, if you want, you can take a vacation. But do not forget that the longer your vacation, the more experience you will lose.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone sometimes has to struggle with downswings and take the necessary rest. This applies to most poker players, and even those who do not play high limits and for whom poker is not the main source of income. It's just that sometimes the game takes up too much of our time and energy, which in itself is not good for us. Taking a break from poker often brings many benefits, from improving our game to improving our quality of life. Take advantage of this opportunity and you will see how it will change the previous feelings. Good luck at the tables.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Time

I think taking time off from poker is a very good thing. I seem to always come back with a better and more positive attitude.

georgel2384

georgel2384

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my case a vacation is always good. When you have a bad strike it's helps regain your positive mentality.

superkakila

superkakila

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when you are furious or lost a lot of hands,at least for me,i believe that you must always have some time off relax and then came back with your energys full

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every poker player will always have a moment where he stops playing, not to forget about poker, but to study his game and improve it, always practicing, we must think that we should not forget them on the contrary, fortaleser the game. and also of course that also relaxes the body and the mind when we play a lot of poker, but that's minimal, the first thing we should focus on is the first thing I mention, thank you.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think taking time off is very important to do. Playing all the time can cause you to lose focus and become bored. Taking a week or two off now and then for a holiday can be great for your mindset. Remember all things in moderation. Cheers.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Absolutely correct to take a break when your mind tells you to. use the time to rest up and ge fit.
When you feel like returning take a week to study poker so when you return you will have freshened and strengthened your game.

brunonick269

brunonick269

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess, if you want to, you can just play few money, some times, or once for a week, stop of playing for a month can make you forget details but nothibg that you can get back after.
But think, for a higher lever you must know how to work even in high pressure or in uncofortable moments. If the poker are your job or if you want to be the greater is best you know how to handle this.
Imagine MichaelJordan stopping to play for a week because he is boering or something.

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that when you are not feeling comfortable playing poker, the best idea is to take some time off.

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free time is something great, try the option of a location without a signal and see how beautiful it is to have time for nature.

L

Lina1020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need a break, or you're going to get really into the game and it could end badly.

dylangarcia3

dylangarcia3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is the best move to stay calm and return with mentality of winner

T

Tylerstevenson1919

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely

Yes it is very good to take a break and get your thoughts together but not to much time :confused::eek:

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taking off is a must. People go to vacations too, after all. Just do not take TOO long break, otherwise you will probably be better than without a break.

Liedust

Liedust

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

Always what one needs is necessary ... It can be a time off, sharing time with others or momentarily engaging in other activities. Poker will always be there for when we want to return to it.Regards.

etouu79

etouu79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, if bro, take a break, in general in all areas of life and when the possibilities of the situation allow it, it is a great decision to take a break from that activity that currently generates stress