It is more profitable to play at night.

C

ChemfromUKR

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
It is more profitable to play at night than during the day. Let's take, for example, a tournament with a 10k guarantee. During the day, at least 2,000 people sign up for it, and at night, only 400-500 people. Less variance, more prizes, sleepy people.
Good luck!

hamon08

hamon08

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think so, I think it's best to play between 8 and 12 pm because there are a lot more players in the evening, and therefore more fish. But at night, more professionals play, and ordinary players go to bed. This trend is best seen in cash games at NL 10 and higher limits. And in tournaments, it's something similar.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
poker is more profitable any time of the day as long as u play well

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
First of all, it's going to depend on your time zone. Second of all, there's a sweet spot between high entries and lots of fish versus less entries with more sharks. Not everything is black and white like you think and you can bet on it that there are pros that have looked at this exact idea for game selection purposes.

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The schedule is not the most important thing, you can play day or night, the most important thing is to always give your best, always be focused and apply what you have learned at the tables.

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If you play well, doesnt matter the time. Daytime with have more fishes, nighttime dont.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I think it is better to play during peak hours, there are more recreational people, but you can also try tournaments with fewer people during peak hours, and you will find differences, greetings

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
When the USA could play at the same sites as the rest of the world I would always play their evenings and nights. Drunk Americans playing poker = easy money.

Flower2211

Flower2211

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The question here is who lives in what time zone, if this trick works with Europeans, then it won’t with Brazilians, they will have daylight at that time. I also think that the more people there are in the tournament, the easier it is to get to the prize zone.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes, I think it is. But, I'm playing mostly at evening and night by my time zone. My time is Fridays and Saturdays between 6 PM and midnight.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, that's exactly the case where few people have fewer variances, but also strong players play well where there are a lot of people there are a lot of fish so how to look at the situation If you are a fish hunter, it's best to play with a large number of players, and if you want to play with strong guys, where are there fewer people there are strong players

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
On my nightime, the tournaments are set with lower guaranteed prizes, due to the amount of players.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
and on weekends there are more weak players, but for me, the fewer players, the fewer prizes,

BillyR23

BillyR23

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Like other members said, time zone is important too(while it's 1am your local time, your opponent might have 1pm his local time...); also, fewer players on the site usually indicates more pro players play as recreational players(fish/wales) go to bed as they might work the next day etc... so, IMO, don't put as much importance on the time you play and just improve your poker game and play when good games are running and, of course, if possible- when most of your opponents are recreational players as this way your win rate will definitely be higher 💸💸💸

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
not necessarily.
For me, I play anytime I feel ready to play.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I have to agree. In addition to the facts indicated, I see many more amateurs and much fewer regular players playing at night.

CataRouillet

CataRouillet

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it depends on where you are from. There are probably many tournaments in your country that are good at night. But in other places they are in another time range. Being from argentina, I think the nighttime poker schedule here is fine

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends where you and the rest of the players live.

If you live in Australia and play on US sites its not your night that matters but the time zone for most of the player base.

E

EarnDAStack

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From my understanding the most profitable time to play on any given site is the time that most recreational players in the region the site caters to will be home from work/ weekends. Often these will also be the times that have the biggest overlays but not guaranteed.

If you have access to US facing sites I recommend playing when it is their evening, I think overall this is the most profitable time to play poker 5pm-4am EST hits all three US time zones really pleasantly but is hard/impossible for lots of European players

M

MF.Brn

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends, I like to play at night because my schedule is more free, but I don't feel as much difference if it's day or night.

M

Magallaneroy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
Yes it's true. you're right. what can't be done. It's tired playing. greetings.
Playing Tired is Bad, very Bad ❤️💯👍

Last edited:
Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I work during the day and play a few times at night ¢0.25 sit & go, I feel like it's harder especially near the bubble and at the final table.