Is it Luck or Skill that compells you to play your game?

olejean

olejean

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course, it is a skill, but the opponent can adjust to your game at any time.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having belief that my skill will allow me to get to a winning position is my motivation. The luck willl either be with or without you in any given tournament, you have to accept and allow for that certainty.

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
Of course, it is a skill, but the opponent can adjust to your game at any time.
Keep it switched up

Having belief that my skill will allow me to get to a winning position is my motivation. The luck willl either be with or without you in any given tournament, you have to accept and allow for that certainty.
I definitely agree 👍

W

Wega85

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i think it also depends on the stack size and adjust your strategy

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Well it's skill for me... & it's luck for 'them'
Every pokerplayer who knows what they are doing would say skill. But we all need luck sometimes no matter how skilled we are :)

Tbf often we simply need no bad luck 🙄

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
🍀 vs 😎
I think you meant what my game is based on, right?

I believe that no one builds a strategy based on luck, as everyone wants to minimize variance.

But it is very difficult to do this, because the only way to carry out this action is not to go all in.

So there will always be a mix of the two, but skill will always win in the long run.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It all depends on one's skill and study, obviously you have to have luck to be able to win big hands.

MackemMan

MackemMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Skill alone will get you a long way but I believe you will always need that bit of luck (and at the right time!).

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
Well it's skill for me... & it's luck for 'them'

Can I ask what is your avatar picture from?
Skill gets you so far it's the luck that pushes you over the top.

Rely on skill more than luck

View attachment 350406
I believe you have to have the skill to designate the luck 🍀

Every pokerplayer who knows what they are doing would say skill. But we all need luck sometimes no matter how skilled we are :)

Tbf often we simply need no bad luck 🙄
Facts I totally agree bud, there's definitely two types of luck. We do not want the bad one.

"If luck weren't a factor, i would win everytime" - phil hellmuth​

https://www.reddit.com/r/poker/comments/vokb0x
The great Phil Helmuth explains it all letting you know that luck is definitely present at the table, just make sure it's on your side at the time. Great post 💪

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Skill is by far the biggest factor when you play Poker, Luck just happens, there is no way to control or predict when Luck will go one way or the other. Skill on the other hand can be learned, honed and can be controlled, by anyone, Who spends the time to become skilful.
You can read all the books in the World on Aviation, but until you sit behind the Wheel of an Aircraft, you will never learn to Fly, So it is with Poker, reading about the game will not make you a Winner, Playing the game is the only way you can learn to be a Winner.

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
I think you meant what my game is based on, right?

I believe that no one builds a strategy based on luck, as everyone wants to minimize variance.

But it is very difficult to do this, because the only way to carry out this action is not to go all in.

So there will always be a mix of the two, but skill will always win in the long run.
Yes and agreed 👍

It all depends on one's skill and study, obviously you have to have luck to be able to win big hands.
Obviously right because you can easily suck out with the best strategy and hand before the flop. Lol than after the flop things just terribly go wrong. We definitely need a little luck on our side. 👍😉

Skill is by far the biggest factor when you play Poker, Luck just happens, there is no way to control or predict when Luck will go one way or the other. Skill on the other hand can be learned, honed and can be controlled, by anyone, Who spends the time to become skilful.
You can read all the books in the World on Aviation, but until you sit behind the Wheel of an Aircraft, you will never learn to Fly, So it is with Poker, reading about the game will not make you a Winner, Playing the game is the only way you can learn to be a Winner.
I totally agree, you have to get in the game, to know the game, to win the game. 💪🙌

Skill alone will get you a long way but I believe you will always need that bit of luck (and at the right time!).
Yea you can do the best stratagizing and have the highest skill. Yet without Luck your AA's just got beat by 22's with the flop out at (22A). Now it's up to Luck for you to get that Ace in the Turn River or just suck out. I generally say if you don't believe in Luck than you better start now because your gonna need it. 🍀✨️

km1n

km1n

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
its skills ofcourse luck is important but in long terms the good player will get the w

alminoDZ

alminoDZ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DZ
Chips
Luck is the key player for me. I played with big hands and lost. I played with small hands and won. I used spray and won, but I lost too.

Luckybvby777

Luckybvby777

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
AW
Chips
Luck is the key player for me. I played with big hands and lost. I played with small hands and won. I used spray and won, but I lost too.
Can't fo wrong with luck, I believe in that more than skill because the skill isn't enough sometimes. You actually need the Luck.

Skot_Gy

Skot_Gy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It is best to rely on skill and discipline. Sometimes when luck hits me it's so good, but cannot rely the game on it

Top 10 Games