Is it a bad thing to always play with the same people ?

M

Michael Sayah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
LB
Chips
We play cash games ! once or twice a week ! most of the time we are the same people .. sometimes one of us brings a new guy with him but i guess the main players are always the same ! we enjoy playing with each others and we take it seriously and play real poker with no mercy !

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Sounds like you have a good thing going there. Should you have long term poker goals that aren't helped by this format, you don't have to limit yourself to just this game.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sounds like fun!

I guess one important thing is when you keep playing with the same people:
Make sure your game isn't predictable, so they have a harder time exploiting you.
For example if you never bluff or always c-bet, you gotta mix that a bit. 🙂

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you're enjoying time with your friends, it's definitely not a bad thing.

M

Michael Sayah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
LB
Chips
Sounds like fun!

I guess one important thing is when you keep playing with the same people:
Make sure your game isn't predictable, so they have a harder time exploiting you.
For example if you never bluff or always c-bet, you gotta mix that a bit. 🙂
yeah sure i always change my style of play ! depending on how the table is going ! i adapt to anything going on

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's very cool to have a crew to play with, more fun to play with friends.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
bad because you need to know how other players will play how they act in such situations and what decisions they make. Those who play with you all the time. You already know how they play you need new players to grow in poker

GrEbZ2021

GrEbZ2021

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I like to play live poker with friends, I'm guided by who plays and I can make decisions already based on the level of play of a particular player

nerobs9

nerobs9

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I don't think there is anything wrong with that. It's always more fun to play with friends

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We play cash games ! once or twice a week ! most of the time we are the same people .. sometimes one of us brings a new guy with him but i guess the main players are always the same ! we enjoy playing with each others and we take it seriously and play real poker with no mercy !
Well it's nice to play with friends. But it's good to play with other opponents as well. Otherwise your way of playing (and same for your friends) starts to fall in a kind of routine and becomes predictable.
Various opponents, various skills.

paddyswarrior

paddyswarrior

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Sounds like good craic

Everyone has their own way of playing so if your playing regularly with mostly the same group then I would try to mix up my play a bit. For Example if you play agressive alot but got caught out on a bluff, next time pick your spots & play equally agressive but with the nuts. That way they might think your bluffing again and will pay ya off 😉

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Used to play with same group all the time everyone had a great time and different players came out winners almost every week.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well... I play every day at the 0.05/0.10 cash tables,,, and normally during the day I always meet the same players every day... in my personal case I like it because I usually take notes and get to know my opponents' playing styles better,,,,

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That seems a good time;)!!:unsure:I wonder You're smashing this field!

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Well... I play every day at the 0.05/0.10 cash tables,,, and normally during the day I always meet the same players every day... in my personal case I like it because I usually take notes and get to know my opponents' playing styles better,,,,
I do the same, but sometimes there is a player with who i had bad lucky. Then, when i see he again i feels a little pessimist.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm glad for you that you have such a group to play poker with, I'm a little envious, I'd love to know that once a week I could meet up with friends for a game of poker

staytrue001

staytrue001

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is a great way to have fun and relax, but it will not be enough to achieve something significant in poker

exer888

exer888

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Thats good thing. Better you know your opponents, better you can adjust your strategy and benefit from it. I was at the same page as you back in days, we played cash game every day in my town. Every body hates me because i was profitable player, they insult me because they thought i played too tight, but in fact i just adjust my game to opponent and played my range against them. Was a lot of fun.

Zvala

Zvala

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
IS
Chips
as an online player only (and still a fish hehe) I have no experience at all with that. But if you are winning I would say its all good :)

A

Avangart1

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, because the players learn your style of play

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's just a friendly game I see no problems playing the same people every week. Years ago I used to play with my friends regulary and we play with real money, but was more about fun than about money. But if my goal is to win money, I think it's better to play with different players.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It's not bad but you have to keep in mind that these people have data on your juice so you inevitably have to vary your game