Impatient Poker Player

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
every thing comes to you in the right moment. be patient.

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are an impatient person, poker is not for you! in the world of poker patience is an essential and important skill

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If your ego gets in it its because your playing for an egotistical reasons. And you will lose.

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very common to see that impatient, in fact, when we see players who lose all in, the other hand automatically tilt, and put all their chips in the fight of having lost previously. but that type of player favors us.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi folks,
I havent`t been playing poker for a while.I used to play on a regular basis but had to stop cause it became a gambling problem.So i do these freerolls cuase i love the game :)
But my patient isen`t what it was ,i take my self in playing bad hands when i have built up a nice stack.I often get quit far in tournaments but then my ego takes over and i start playing on hands not paying attention to other players and lose hands that never should have been played.
Just wanted to share this and see if other players have the same problem and if they have some advice or strategy to remind your self to be patient .

Best regards
Rune:eek:

This is quite common with most non-pro players. The ego and psychological and emotional factors weigh a lot for a good performance in poker I would say that it is even more important than the technical and tactical part. Because once you learn how to analyze different situations (spots) and practice, execute. What will set you apart and put you one step ahead of other players with similar technical skills is emotional control. Never be confident or unmotivated...:)

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
When the patience runs out I suggest you stop playing, take a deep breath and play again when the impatience ends, because your journey into impatience will not be a good one for sure.

"If you can dream about something, you can make it come true"

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am an impatient player. Especially when I'm waiting for a tour.

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm usually very impatient, but in the long tournaments I participate in, I'm already indoctrinating myself to be patient and wait for the best hands.