I'm Starting a Poker Blog

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck with you blog, will take a look from time to time.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you... I'm going to start putting up some hands and learning spots.

hashtag

hashtag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good! I won't follow as I'm travelling ATM, but I liked your book! You are a big plus to CardsChat. :)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good! I won't follow as I'm travelling ATM, but I liked your book! You are a big plus to CardsChat. :)

Thanks... I love CC members so it makes it easy to exchange ideas and learn.

If you signup on the blog page, you'll just get e-mails when I update. I don't and won't use it for anything else, ie marketing, sharing, etc... so if you want to keep up easily just put your e-mail in.

Have fun on your travels.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok... back to it my friends. I had to take the summer off. :)

New post and update: Poker blog

Last edited by a moderator:
John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alright, I think you should get some valuable info from this one. New video on high equity bluffing spots in position. I discuss some differences in flop texture and hands.

Poker Blog

Let me know what you think. These videos should help or give you something to think about.

Last edited by a moderator:
John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks. Correcto... I had a super busy summer so took a bit of a break. But I plan on doing more hand analysis and article writing going forward. Also, getting some of these videos up from time to time as well.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you! I'm going to put up a lot of free and good strategy up there. And hopefully some interesting stories as well. :)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I've done a ton of work with Poker Tracker and Holdem Manager over the years, I did a little write up about the differences and where each of them excel. I hope this helps some people out who are trying to decide.

Poker Tracker vs Holdem Manager

nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
John,

Thank you so much (again) for taking the time to share your work with us. I generally 3x except when I'm on the button, when I will 2.5 x against tighter players who will fold a wider range and 3bet me less. What is your opinion on this?

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
YW... thanks for reading.

3x the BB is great, and 2.5x on button is ok. But if you can do more, depending on your stakes, do it. I mean unless you're planning on playing 36%+ of your hands and outplay everyone, there's really no reason not to raise more and exploit the weaker players that will still call with the same range that they'd call for 2x. You're really only helping the regs in your game to do otherwise imho. I think it's a completely misunderstood strategy applied at stakes where it shouldn't be.

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
that's good to know that poker was your main income for your family.
hopefully one day I can live poker.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's more for vacation money now a days. I don't play the same stakes or the same volume. Maybe when poker is completely legal again in the US and regulated I'll return to more regular play.

Bee

Bee

to bee or not to bee
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great , good luck. Seems to be very interesting :)