nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks...

Here's a rant I have to make, and then I have some upcoming interviews with Krantz, and Jared Tendler in the next blogs.

http://acepokersolutions.com/poker-blog/bovada-poker-strategem/

I totally agree with you on this one, John. I find that in tournaments the anonymity isn't much of a problem until the final tables, but in cash games, or SnGs that you play regularly, I hate not being able to know who I'm playing. For me it takes a lot of the fun out of the game ("play the player" isn't possible when you can't identify the player).

I'm from Maryland and I just got locked out. Now I mostly play forum games here (the play money games on PS) and I fear that most of my online play is fading away even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks. Great minds think alike. :)

I can even handle the anonymity of it, but man, don't let these guys be able to leave and rat hole their money, and then come back to the same table 5 minutes later. That's just absurd. I'm open to the fact that maybe some regulars like this, and they think it promotes more of these guys to gamble it up, but I don't think it outweighs the hit and run damage that can be done. It's just a bit absurd to me. But feel free to comment in my blog too. I don't mind some discussion going.

D

da_goat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
John: I have been reading your book...really got some great stuff there!

redwhitealex

redwhitealex

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very interesting blog, until all have read but like, success in the development of your blog and your game :)

P

PhillipPaschal

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best poker blog, I like it. It is a good one to come up with.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not sure if I'd go that far, but I'm glad you like it! Thanks. :)

G

GabrielRiley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great to see the poker blog, I definitely love to read the blogs regarding poker. All the poker player will love this blog.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks... I have a really good interview with Jay "Krantz" Rosenkrantz going up in a couple of days as well.

If you signup your e-mail, you'll get updates when new posts are out. I'm not sending anything else out but the blog posts to your e-mail.

E

eu20072

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice man, for a new player like me, it's good :)

army-ninja

army-ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should consider blogging about your poker games you play as well. especially if you play high stakes

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you should consider blogging about your poker games you play as well. especially if you play high stakes

I'm not really playing high stakes anymore. I have some interesting and funny stories from when I did, but I play more recreationally now. It's too much of a grind to do that living in the US right now. I'll share some things, and I'm going to post up some hands and other things as well.

S

SBritt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you design the programs found on that website?

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Did you design the programs found on that website?

They are all my ideas, but I'm not a programmer / developer. We have a team that does design and programming, marketing, etc.. But yes, the ideas are mine.

S

SBritt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They are all my ideas, but I'm not a programmer / developer. We have a team that does design and programming, marketing, etc.. But yes, the ideas are mine.

Very cool. Props!

L

Loviekelley

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,
Thanks for Sharing this idea.