I'm back + BR Success

spore

spore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey everyone, I've been gone for quite a while. This year I've just not had the passion for poker that I once had. Mostly that's because I've had a lot of other things going on in real life between work and my girlfriend. But, the other day (Sunday) I was talking to a friend of mine about poker.. and I kind of surprised myself at how much poker knowledge I've accumulated. I spent about 2 hours just answering his questions from basic odds to slow play, semi-bluffs, statistics and more.

Anyway, I thought to myself... I should give this another shot. Anyway, I decided to throw $50 into pokerstars. And I promptly went to the $0.25/$0.50 LHE tables. Up about $0.55 in about 10 minutes (won 1 hand early and that was it). Anyway, I decided to try the SnG's. I entered in one of the $1 9-player SnG's and got first. Moved up to the $3 turbo, and won that as well. Played another $3 turbo and got 2nd place. Played another and got 1st.

Well anyway, since Sunday I have more than doubled my initial bankroll, almost exclusively from the $3 turbos. I think I've had 5 games I've not finished in the money. And of all my money finishes, I've had one 2nd place and the rest 1st place. Although, I think I've made like $4-$5 from the $0.25/$0.50 LHE tables. I'm up to a little over $105 on my initial $50 deposit.

To finish my story, last night I picked up one of my old poker books that I read when I started out (David Sklansky's Hold'em Poker). And I was again suprised at how much of the info in that book was obvious to me, although it was definitely a good refresher. Anyway, I think the time off has really helped my game. Especially my short handed and heads-up play, which before had been seriously lacking. I would consistently make the money and finish 2nd or 3rd. It was very rare that I'd make a 1st place finish, unless I went into heads-up with a huge cheap-lead. But, all but once so far I've won heads-up.. ranging from being a serious underdog to being a dominant chipstack and everywhere in between.

Anyway, I hope that a few of you remember me, and that I'm welcome back here. Kind of feel bad that I pretty much just disappeared for quite a while, but.. poker just fell off the priority list for quite a while. And, I hope this post doesn't sound like bragging or anything. My main intentions were to a) announce that I'm back and playing actively and b) that taking a break from poker really can have a tremendous impact on your game.. at least it has for me.

Seeya 'round the felt!

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wecome back Spore. I for one certainly remember you as one of the better old posters from the site.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice to see ya back spore, and good to see you've still got it :)

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Welcome back, Spore.

Last edited by a moderator:
arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, I must've joined after you left. Nice to see you back (new to me ^^)! Glad you're doing well also :D

U

unlucky79

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes time away from the game is good.

Way to work the tables bro. Hopefully we will get to play with you on Full Tilt this sunday. 350 Ft freeroll. Hope to chat with you then... Laterz..

spore

spore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what my schedule is this weekend.. but if I'm available.. I'll be there for sure. Might play the stars game on saturday as well.

Anyway, thank you all for the warm welcomes! And very good to see that you guys are still around TB, Chuck and Dakota!

aliengenius

aliengenius

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Welcome back spore.

Here is a br article you may want to read (your last post before departure was re: br).

Lo-Dog

Lo-Dog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hiya spore, glad to hear you have not forgotten everything. :)

gl at the tables and welcome back.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hi spore! Good to see you! Hope to see you around at some of our games. :)

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
Spore is back :D

Welcome back to Cardschat spore! :)

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I remember you! Nice to see you've came back. :)

J

jeffred1111

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah read up on BR if you think you're rolled for .25/.50 LHE and welcome back to CC.