If You Were A Losing Player Would You Still Play?

• Thread starter Pauliefromgoodfellas
  • Start date
K

koskesh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It would be ridiculous for me to continue playing poker if I were always losing. I just can't see anyone enjoying anything if they were constantly losing. It is quite the contrary for me: when I lose, I often distance myself from poker for an extended period of time and come back when my emotions are levelled off. This way I can ensure my hand playing decisions are logic based and not emotionally charged bad decisions.

BriceNice

BriceNice

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most sharkscopes I look up, have the player losing, not saying thats indicative of everyone, but it paints a pretty good picture. I think most poker players are losing, and either dont know it or want to admit it. But the allure of the big score is what keeps them coming back.

E

evaldas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm losing player as well but i have no worries about it because that is the way I learn to play and getting experience. So as long as it's not affecting my life style and abilities to pay bills I'm OK.

M

matnautico

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt, If theres one thing I love more than poker, its money.

grinya774

grinya774

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I played high limits and constantly lost money, then I would hire a coach and start to play a plus.

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm usually not on the losing end, but have been a losing player for the past year.. I rarely ever play and when i do i can't concentrate because of the chaos in the house.. But yeah its a fun little activity for me to do from time to time.

nutthink

nutthink

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just stop play if i dont have connection to internet.. becouse freeroll waiting everyday..

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Losing money is not fun to me,,i would quit;)

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Losing players make up the majority of online and live poker players that is a fact unfortunately. A select few actually consistently and over a long sample size make a profit playing poker. Any 1 of us can go on a nice heater and win a few mtt/sng/spins or cash games, but to maintain that over a year or more in considerably harder than some would think

EsnneyPk

EsnneyPk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When you play poker it is easy to crush that thin line between being a winning player or being a losing player.
And really this is a game that does not always win so be the best in the world because there are many factors that influx as a variance, or the rest of players who are sitting at the same table and their decisions.
So trying to get a 65% victory is a good long-term point.
I think my rank is a 50/50 and even so I would not leave poker for nothing is a game that appeases me, distracts me and amuses me.

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the game so don't mind playing it for free sometimes or finding a game I can win sometimes and playing for fun for low stakes

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes. If I were a consistent, proven loser I would stop playing.

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The rake turns a lot of break even players into losing players. A lot of the well known crushers on pokerstars are no longer beating the game because 90% of what they made was from rakeback. now that stars cut that down to nothing a lot of them will be losing long term.

D

Dan Perkins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You sure won't become a winning player ifyou don't keep playing when you lose.

gocho2009

gocho2009

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you feel that you are a losing player ... leave the game for a moment and analyze

F

forneyj

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose in online play, but I seem to win in live tourneys. I guess it balances out.

BoaSafra

BoaSafra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how much is loose to you?

per day i play 25 tables.... and is rare i go to ft or itm... but i working my mindset to learn more and more.... small limits

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no losing player, there is only a poker player, losing or winning is part of this game and also depends on the player's luck in receiving the cards.

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Losing is sadly, part of the game. However if you are losing constantly and consistently and never winning, it's time you took a serious look at your game. There is the danger that you will start to chase your losses and lose even more. Either improve or stop playing entirely

Jancianna

Jancianna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I think the game is very entertaining regardless of whether you play with real money or play money so if I was a losing player I would probably just stick to freerolls and play money games.

vvalente

vvalente

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is relative to what you expect from poker. Do you expect to live poker? Do you play compulsively waiting for a big change to change your life? Or are you like me?

I am a hobbyist who does other things besides poker and does not create as much expectation of winnings. So I can give myself the whim of being a loser (lose little, of course), time and time again.

G

Glebtyzhnyh90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is what poker is built on. As without those who are in the red? Persistence and work are all over. Everyone plays in their own way, somebody for themselves, who is for fun, for someone it's a job, for me personally if I were in the red in big I would stop playing.

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a losing player online but I play online for fun so I don't care. Live I'm a winning player but to get to be a winning player, I was a losing player when I first started. The best way to get better is to put the hours in and in the beginning that means your probably going to be losing for the first 6 months to a year, maybe longer. It's part of the game and learning process.